No rating

Holy Name Of Jesus School

Private | PK-8

Living in Indialantic

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $174,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Posted July 3, 2014

HNJ is an outstanding school, academically, socially, and spiritually. The teachers really care and the principal is awesome. My daughter went through Kindergarten through 8th and received an excellent education. Her teachers still ask about her and some even keep in touch. She was well prepared for High school and I was more than pleased with the family environment, good but loving discipline, and challenging curriculum.

Posted July 3, 2014

Holy Name is "home"! The atmosphere is loving, welcoming and caring. I have been at HNJ for many years and have seen amazing teachers, quality academics, wonderful spirituality and opportunities for faith and character development that you can't find anywhere else! Excellent leadership, strong Catholic identity and the most dedicated faculty and staff around, make HNJ the best possible place for the best possible education!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 7, 2012

As a teacher in the HNJ Middle School for the last 14 years, I am very proud of the strong communication relationships involving student, family, and teacher. HNJ is one of the first schools in Brevard County that began to use EDLINE as a communication tool for our school Parents. Daily and long term assignments are posted, as well as grades in every subject area for students. Parents also receive monthly print Progress Reports and Repord cards. We work as a team toward our common goal: the success of your child. Our Middle School is unique in the variety of courses offered, including Religion, Art, Music, PE and Language, in addition to the core academic subects of Math, Science, Language Arts and Social Studies. Children feel safe and loved at our school and we work with your child using the best teacher practices.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 2, 2012

My daughter began first grade this year at HNJ and we are extremely happy and impressed with the quality of education that she is receiving! Although it's a much larger school community than we were used to- the HNJ school community is very kind and loving! It's been a wonderful transition!

Posted November 8, 2011

I pulled my kids out of this school last year. Why waste your time or money on this school when the beachside public schools are so awesome? Academically, this school is not advanced, the kids in the "gifted" program are doing the same things as the kids in the mainstream program in public school. In fact, the "advanced" middle school kids only finish Algebra I by the time they finish 8th grade while the public school advanced kids go to high school a whole year ahead!!!! The middle school is especially horrible with rampant bullying and a terrible schedules ("study halls" and "wheel" classes taught by parents) instead of real learning. As for the "family" environment and "values" taught there. Give me a break! Values are taught at home and I have found this school actually less accepting than public school.

Posted April 25, 2010

Holy Name of Jesus School is so much more than just a school. It is a community of family and friends mixed with faith and academics.

Posted April 19, 2010

Holy name is like a large family. The values they teach follow children into adulthood. Education is fantastic

Posted October 13, 2009

We have 3 children enrolled and are so happy with the quality of the education as well as the religious formation.

Posted May 30, 2009

This was our first year at Holy Name of Jesus school. After two years in public school, we decided to enroll our children in our parish's Catholic school. That was the best move we ever made. Our kids are very happy there and are eager to share the day's events when I pick them up. This is a financial sacrifice that we are more than willing to make. It is so worth it.

Posted May 14, 2009

My husband and I have 3 children at Holy Name of Jesus. This is our 7th year at the school and we are thrilled with the dedication of the teachers. The education is great and the children are being taught how to be compasionate towards others through their faith.

Posted May 13, 2009

I am a parent of three children who attend Holy Name of Jesus School. The teachers and staff are outstanding and encourage all the children in a positive manner. We are very happy at Holy Name of Jesus

Posted May 12, 2009

HNJ is a special school community made up of wonderful teachers, strong leadership, and dedicated parents. This school not only academically prepares our children for the future but also instills values and morals to be a contributing members of the community. I strongly believe in the overall education that my children are receiving at this fantastic school.

Posted May 12, 2009

We have been at Holy Name of Jesus for the last 5 years and I can only say that my children have had a positive and loving experience. They enjoy going to school each day and come home with a happy attitude. The teacher's are very committed to the students. As a parent, we know our children are getting a fine Catholic education. We will continue to be a part of this school for a long time to come.

Posted December 13, 2008

HNJ is a wonderful Catholic school. I felt it so strongly while watching the students perform at the Christmas pageant. This is truly a cohesive community. You feel Christ's presence.

Posted November 7, 2008

I have 2 children currently enrolled at Holy Name and I am very Satisified. The gifted program has proven to be quite exceptional its making a difference. If a catholic education means something special to you this is the perfect place.

Posted October 28, 2008

There have been many wonderful changes at HNJ over the last few years (new leadership, new programs) and wonderful constants (caring faculty, strong faith-filled environment, challenging curriculum). Why would I want to send my child anywhere else? I wouldn't. She is in a loving and safe environment and is given a top-quality education. I am very happy here.

Posted June 4, 2008

I just went to a parent meeting for students entering the Middle School next year. Wow! I am thrilled about what my soon-to-be 6th grader will be a part of. As a matter of fact, the next day, he took part in the '5th to 6th Grade Move Up Day' which allowed the students to experience some of the Middle School activities. My son had such a great day that he now can't wait for the new school year. Holy Name offers such a well-rounded curriculm which includes advanced classes, visual and performing arts programs, and a solid religion experience (including classes, Masses and community service projects). I have been very happy with every grade level thus far and now I am looking forward to three more happy years of Middle School. It is obvious that the teachers love what they do and they pass that enthusiasm on to the students.

Posted February 27, 2008

This is a terrible school. My child was cruelly treated by the principal and teachers. She is a very timid child and now is even more so. When I removed her from that atmosphere of special treatment for those who give the most money, (& the children are very aware of who is who), she was entering 6th grade. According to her public school math teacher, she had a 3rd grade math level entering 6th grade. Her Science was below level as well. It took her 1 y to catch up. Thank God she is so smart and now thriving in a positive atmosphere.

Posted April 2, 2007

Holy Name of Jesus has been a great fit for our family! We relocated to the area several years ago and left everyone and all we have ever known behind. The HNJ community was warm & welcoming. My children are not only excelling academically but spiritually and emotionally as well. The administration & faculty respond to our needs and desires to make this one of the finest catholic schools around. Every childs needs will soon be met with the new gifted program that is being put into place for the 07/08 school year.

Posted March 28, 2007

I am both a parent and teacher at Holy Name of Jesus School. I have never experienced the degree of dedication and commitment that I've found here. My child is receiving a top quality education while learning values and developing character.I wouldn't teach or send my child anywhere else! Sister Teresa, the principal, has had such a positive impact on students, faculty and parents as well!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Orlando

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3060 Florida A1A