Jacksonville Beach, FL

Saint Paul's Catholic School 3

Posted December 24, 2014
Most teachers are excellent, a few pretty poor that will not be let go. Many students are entitled and self centered and there is plenty of "under the radar" bullying, staff seems to turn a blind eye. Also, not accelerated enough for gifted students. My children have been much happier and challenged in their A rated public schools.

Posted August 19, 2013
It looks like the parent with the terrible preschool child left a similar review at Providence. Maybe he or she should get the hint about their child. "Preschool mgmt and the teacher my child had....were a huge disappointment. Gave my child a complex and almost had me believing it too! We have since moved on, and my child is thriving! A teacher can make or break your child - this school definetly has some breakers!!! And management supports them. ALSO - mgmt is known for calling parents to pick up kids for temper tantrums....hmm...perfectly normal for the PRESCHOOL age group! So glad to have moved on." And no, temper tantrums are not perfectly normal for preschoolers.

Posted July 29, 2013
This is a great school that has it all...academics, sports, and faith education. The children that graduate from here are well-rounded and academically prepared for high school and beyond. My two children are both in top Universities in the country and I credit their solid foundation to St. Paul's. Such a great school, one of God's great blessings in my children's lives. Heartfelt thanks to the wonderful staff at St Paul's and prayers for continued success! Congrats on your National Blue Ribbon award too!

Saint Paul's Catholic School 4

Posted May 24, 2013
My two children started in the MMO program & are currently in middle school @ St Paul's Jax Beach. Plenty of schools in the area provide challenging academics but this program also includes what we expected to foster their growth spritually & socially in the respect & discipline evident only from a strict Catholic school environment. The National Blue Ribbon Award only confirms our teachers' superior quality. Our teachers surprisingly have excellent control of their classes of 25+ students. Parental involvement is in abundance & highly encouraged. Zero tolerance for bullying & classroom disruption. My children will soon graduate from St Paul's Catholic School's primary/middle school & we feel confident that we & St Paul's Catholic School have given them the best foundation & equipped them with the best tools to make good choices in their peer pressured upcoming lives in high school, college & out in the real world.

Posted May 19, 2013
To the parent who was referred to a psychologist for her kid because she was told that "he was needy and self centered," guess what?? Your kid probably was! I know it's hard for parents to admit that they have a problem child and it's all too easy to blame teachers, principals and other scapegoats. The first step is admitting that you have a problem. The Staff at St. Paul's is mostly top notch, and it's a blue ribbon school so they can back it up. I have worked at Several schools in North East Florida and their principal is as sweet and understanding as they come. Principals and teachers are often presented with difficult situations where they have to confront parents about sensitive issues. It's clear that this particular parent was unwilling to read the writing on the wall

Posted April 20, 2013
This is our first year at St Paul s and I currently have four children attending St Paul s. I have to disagree with the previous comment about the pre-k teacher and principal. One of our daughters is in the VPK class and Mrs. De is loving, kind, and very passionate about teaching. The current principal has listened and took immediate action to all my concerns. She has helped mold a program for our child with learning disabilities as well as our advanced middle schoolers. This school is helping my daughters down a path that leads to life long learning. Our girls come home inspired and more curious then they have ever been. Finally, I feel as though each teacher truly loves their job and the children they teach.

Saint Paul's Catholic School 1

Posted September 14, 2012
Principal and pre-k teacher were awful. ! A teacher can make or break your child - this school definitely has some breakers!!! They just have unrealistic expectations for the preschool age group (said that he was needy and self centered). Long story short, they suggested a psychologist on day 3. Before making the mistake of changing him to St. Paul s, he was at Providence Child Development Center (for three years never had any issues and he was doing so great). On day 10 couldn t take it anymore and decided to change him back to Providence. We have since moved on, and my child is back in a very loving environment (he is so happy to be back!!). ALSO, the Principal will undermine your opinion as a parent. So glad to have moved on!!!

Posted February 09, 2011
My son has been in this school for three years and I can only say great things about it. Every year he has had amazing teachers, the enviroment is excellent, the principal does an excellent job. Great parents and great kids, lots of parent involvement, They have a wonderful program for Kindergarteners where they get assigned a 7th grade buddy that reads to them, stays with them in mass, etc. It's great to see how polite and sweet a 7th grader is in this school, never heard of bullying here. Everything here is about love and respect. My son loves to go to school and enjoys learning new things, he actually wakes up excited every day for a new day in this school.

Posted June 19, 2010
Our 2 children attend St. Pauls Catholic School. Our oldest was originally in the public school system at an A rated elementary school. After researching which school would provide the best academic foundation, we concluded that St. Pauls is a better choice. The parents are very involved, the educational environment is excellent and the result is a superior education. I also appreciate the feeling among students and teachers that the students should behave appropriately in a school and strive to achieve. This creates a better opportunity for all to learn.

Saint Paul's Catholic School 0

Posted September 27, 2009
We have 3 children who have graduated and one who is in 5th grade now. Obviously we are pleased with how our kids were prepared for high school and college. The great teachers at St. Paul's were a good influence on our kids.

Saint Paul's Catholic School
428 2nd Avenue North, Jacksonville Beach, FL  32250
Last modified Saint Paul's Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Saint Paul's Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top