PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

My children have been in Beaches Episcopal for the fourth year now. Perhaps there have been changes since the other reviews, but there is almost no TV watching time. They are getting a fantastic education. There seems to be a great balance of "book work time" and hands on learning experiences. I think the grandparents and challenge days add to the educational experience and not detract from it. My kids so look forward to those days throughout the year. BES has far less half days and days off than the public school system. The staff is caring and involved. My littlest is in pre k and if he has a day or two bad days, I love that the teacher will email to see if there is anything going on with him. They are quick ( within days) to offer after school time if one of them starts to struggle, whereas my fiance's daughter is in public school and she struggled for six weeks before anyone said a word. It is an expensive school, probably the highest priced in the area, but they are wonderful.

My child has been at BES for 2 years now and I could not be happier! I think it is an amazing school...with wonderful, caring teachers/admin! I have not noticed my child watching movies...I know they might watch an educational video that corresponds with what they are learning, but just sitting and watching movies does not happen. I think the special days (Grandparents' Day, Challenge Day etc) add to the overall school experience. I'm thrilled my child is at BES and it is worth every penny!

Beaches Episcopal School is a wonderful school. I am a mother of 3 (one BES Graduate and two currently enrolled) My oldest child graduated and is now in middle school. He is a current member of the National Junior Honor Society. I credit BES for giving him a strong academic foundation. My children that are currently at BES are also doing great. The school is not only academically challenging but exposes children to all of the arts areas, music, art etc. I have not noticed any over exposure to the TV or 'movies.' My children are busy in school with hands on activities and academics. BES is expensive but well worth the price.

I think BES is a wonderful school. My kids left there to enter full-time gifted curriculums and were very well prepared to maintain their top academic progress. BES has a special warmth and charm, because of the genuine concern the staff has for the children and because of heavy family involvement. Grandparents Day, Challenge Day and others add to the program, not detract. I think because of the small size and attention to the individual this is a place where an academically capable child can thrive in academics and personal development to become a well-rounded and confident individual. Top-notch in school resources with PE, art, music, spanish. The only downside I have is that it is expensive - but in this case, you get what you pay for.

I am glad to see other parents have noticed the number of days off, special days, movies etc too. The amount of actual class time is way too low. As someone who attended a private school the number of movies and non-academic days is very troubling. The principal is unresponsive to parental concerns about days off also so it is currently take-it-or-leave-it. Many parents have left-it.

Good school, but too many days off, 'special program' days,half days, non-academic days, and movies during the school day. For the money they should be in school learning more than they are.

The kids seem to enjoy BES. But as a parent, BES has way too many half-days and special days so not enough learning days. I agree with the previous reviewer that there are too many movies in class art, music, snack. Turn off the tvs. Once or twice a year is more than enough. Concentrate on academics and the basics. Keep the teachers teaching.

While Beaches Episcopal School (BES) is a fine school in Jacksonville, there are several areas where it needs improvement: 1. Fewer movies during class time (none or very few). 2. Too many half days and special days 'Grandparents' Day,' 'Challenge Day' etc. 3. Fewer substitute teachers - teachers are out too often. 4. Class sizes are a little too large. All in all, Beaches Episcopal School is a good school, but has a few areas that need improvement.

Last modified Beaches Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6