Jacksonville Beach, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 03, 2014
I love San Pablo .After we got custody of my two nieces we enrolled them here .I only have the highest praise for this school .The teachers and office staff , custodian workers are all so friendly Unfortunately the oldest of my nieces has moved on to a private school due to her learning disabilities not because San Pablo weren't meeting her needs .They went above and beyond for her but she was getting ready for middle school and we felt it would be too overwhelming for her.My youngest one goes to school happy every day . I am truly grateful to each and every one of the teachers who have helped my nieces through a terrible tragic loss of their mother .They have been more than loving caring and sympathetic with them.May Godbless each and every one of you . Looking forward to yrs ahead!

Posted June 08, 2014
San Pablo is a wonderful place to raise children. The teachers are passionate and students are happy. Other commentors have stated that the principal enforced a no recess policy, when in fact that ruling came from the superintendent himself. I would highly reccomnend thus school.

Posted April 16, 2014
As a parent with a child in 1st grade, and new to the area, we were excited to start the year at San Pablo. While the teachers are excellent, the office staff is often times rude and condescending. My son has had some recent health issues, and required to be taken out of school early on a FEW occasions. I take into account the time of day when scheduling his doctors visits and make the appointment as late in the day as possible. All of his appointments have been during his resources hour and not interfering with instruction time. I dread each encounter with the office staff who can usually be seen shoveling snacks in their mouths that accompany their rude remarks about the time of day. We are sad to say this will be our only year at San Pablo. There are plenty of schools just down the street that offer excellent teaching without the side of sarcasm. Ive heard this school used to be wonderful, and I am sad that we have missed the old spirit.

Posted March 23, 2014
This used to be a wonderful school, now I would advise parents considering San Pablo to steer clear. Last year major policy changes occurred with no notice to parents or the PTA. The teachers are still wonderful but the environment is very tense and it's not a happy place. San Pablo is supposed to be a Health and Fitness magnet school but when students returned this fall recess had been completely removed from the curriculum. They did add some back but it is ONLY 2x a week for KINDERGARTEN, 1x a week for 1-3rd grade and 4-5th grade has NO SCHEDULED RECESS AT ALL. The entire focus of this school has changed to testing, test scores, and test taking skills. Kids are anxious, teachers seem stressed and it feels more like a prison than a school.

Posted October 24, 2013
I agree with the reviewer who is disappointed with the new NO fitness rule. A few years ago I would have given this school 5+ stars. My 3 children attended San Pablo from k through 5th grade. They excelled physically and academically. Recently the new principal has implemented a No recess rule with the opportunity for parents to PAY for fitness programs AFTER school. This defeats the purpose of San Pablo being a PUBLIC health and fitness magnet. It also raises the question of which students they are targeting. I'd be surprised if the children from the poor neighborhood nearby are able to participate in the after school programs. Asking children to concentrate all day without unstructured play is unrealistic and unreasonable. It has been proven over and over again that physical activity promotes cognitive development and ability. San Pablo is setting many kids up for failure. This is unacceptable.

Posted September 19, 2013
Awesome school!!! The teachers and whole staff really helped me and my daughter turn around what started out as a disastrous year at another school completely around. Cannot say enough good things. Thank you San Pablo!

San Pablo Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2013
BIG DISAPPOINTMENT THIS YEAR. My children have been attending SPE since K. They just started 3rd and 4th grade. So, needless to say, this is our 5th year here. WE LOVE the school and teachers. However, I'm very dissatisfied with a major change this year. No recess for 2nd-5th grade. This is a huge concern for me. This is a Health and Fitness magnet school. Not only does recess give the children a social outlet, it gives their growing body time to exert energy. All of the sports programs are offered AFTER school and parents are responsible for paying for these programs. With the exception of running club 1x per week. . I realize they added PE twice per week. However, I feel they are going to notice A LOT of behavior problems when the kids cannot get outside for at least 30 minutes per day to exercise. I feel this will be more noticeable in the Fall when the time changes and most kids get home after dark and cannot go outside at all. I really hope this decision is revisited with the well being of the children in mind as well.

Posted August 18, 2013
San Pablo is a health and fitness magnet. My daughter has attended Kindergarten through 3rd grade here. We love San Pablo! The teachers are excited to be there and it shows. They have wonderful playground equipment, a fitness trail, a garden, and they are constantly looking to add new sports during and after school. I love that they are building bright minds as well as helping my child with an active and healthy lifestyle. My daughter can be a bookworm but due to San Pablo introducing different sports she found that she loves tennis. Love, love, love San Pablo!

Posted August 05, 2013
This year, I will have 2 kids at this school. I have been very pleased with SPE. The fact that it has been an A school made it a great choice when my first one was entering kindergarten. My kids love to be outdoors and the magnet programs allow for that. I'm looking forward to another great year with SPE!

Posted August 04, 2013
I love San Pablo elem. As a parent I feel like I am always welcome at the school. The teachers are the best!

San Pablo Elementary School
801 18th Avenue North, Jacksonville Beach, FL  32250
Last modified San Pablo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Pablo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top