608 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Parents and families are supportive and present; faculty is passionate about integrating Best Practices with high standards; children bring readiness to learn and create empathetic learning communities.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers who pressure children who require occasional redirect, or have an IEP to leave the school, in order to inflate overall school scores with minimal teacher direction are ineffective. Though, some other teachers are excellent at this school, but their numbers are fewer due to pressure from the new administration.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Teachers who send home classwork to be completed at home because there is no supervision or direction in the classroom create unnecessary "homework."

Caring teachers and staff at the top of their game. They have a strategy for learning and for building character in children. Parents that are very involved and supportive of each other. I have rearranged my home and job around this school because I have 3 children and want to give them all the opportunity to benefit from JBE.

I feel very fortunate that my child is at Jacksonville Beach Elementary. I tried 3 years before my child was accepted through the lottery. All the teachers are outstanding and cohesive with the administration. Moral is high, students are diverse, and parents are active and involved. There are great school activities, programs, and field trips. There are extracurricular opportunities such as Lego League, Chorus, and the annual school play. The PTA is very active. The front office has excellent, consistent, caring staff in Ms. Hoch and Ms. Selby. The children seem happy and are learning at an accelerated rate.

This is our fourth year at JBE. We love love this school and the advanced circulum. It's evident how much further ahead in their education my daughters are when they see their cousins and other friends with similar aged children. My girls are leaps and bounds ahead. I love the staff. Any time we've ever had a concern it had been immediately addressed. This family lives JBE!!

My daughter has been attending Jax Beach since she was in kindergarten. I would say the teachers are happy to be there and enjoy their job for the most part. The principal is a familiar face and gets involved with almost every event it seems. The parents are involved as well. Last year's Literacy Night was standing room only, just to give you an idea. I love the fact they do not only "teach to the test" and have a wide array of curriculum and activities they complete throughout the year. The only drawback I can say about this school, is that it is very challenging and may not be a great fit for all children based on that fact. Overall five stars!

This school was a great experience! I am so sad to leave for middle school!

Both of my sons went to JBE. I have one at Stanton and one at JWJ now. JBE is an awesome school and we could not have been happier. The curriculum was rigorous but it helped prepare them for middle and high school. The staff was great and everyone knew my children by name. Small school feel with the benefits of a first class education. In my opinion, no other school, public or private measures up to Jax Beach.

My son has been at JBE k-5 and now it's time for him to head to middle school, which I am not looking forward to. Jax Beach is a fantastic school. The curriculum is challenging, especially 4th grade, but it's worth it. The teachers are great, always willing to meet with parents, and will email with you every day if you'd like. The BEST elementary school!!!

Last modified Jacksonville Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.