442 students|Duval

Bad
Good

We love Pine Forest Elementary. My daughter is in 1st grade and so far, we have had only great experiences. It helps that my daughter is very artistic and enjoys all the resources. The teachers are wonderful. The front office ladies are so much nicer compared to the school my daughter attended prior to being accepted into the magnet program.

We had a bad experience at this school. The principal was extremely difficult and rude once we decided to pull our child and put him in the school he was zoned for. I had to go to the school board over it. In the end, we did take him out. The arts programs there are good, however it just wasn't for us. The pickup line also was ridiculously long, and there seemed to be no structure to dismissal. It just wasn't worth all the hassle. But if your kid is way into the arts it would be a good school to go to. Just get ready to commit to a long pickup and drive there is you don't live close!

Great teachers, great programs, best decision we evere made was to put our daughter in this magnet school.

We are a military family, so have moved from the Jacksonville area, however every school my children have attended since Pine Forest has left them wishing to be back at Pine Forest. The teachers were awesome. The front office always made me feel welcome and they were always helpful. My kids loved going to school there and still miss it.

This is a great school for the artistically inclined. The teachers and staff have a wonderful way of getting along and getting things done. And, another plus? No pressure on the FCAT!!

Pine Forest is a school of the arts where children receive the best of bot h worlds, the arts and academics in a public school setting.

This my childrens' second year at pine forest and they have loved it since day 1. over the summer they were counting the days until they were able to go back to school. they enjoy learning new subjects and the arts. the arts program encourages the kids to be themselves without pressure. I love the activities, field trips, programs, etc that help mold a well rounded child. it is not all about the books. my children are more open and increased their confidence when speaking in front of a group. my oldest child has expressed interest in becoming an actor due to the opportunities in the drama program. we love this school, faculty, staff, and children here.

My daughter just started Kindergarten at Pine Forest this year. We are very pleased with our decision to attend on the magnet program. The teachers seem wonderfull and my daughter loves it each and everyday. I do have one problem though, the lack of organization. This is my oldest child so this is all new to me. We attended the orientation prior to school starting and I found it very confusing. There was no one to help guide you and explain what to do and where to go. I felt very fustrated as a new parent. I found this to be true on the recent open house night. It was unclear as to what time the open house was and when the PTA meeting was, even her teacher was confused. I love this school, faculty, and academic programs offered, however I am very disapointed in the lack of organization so far.

My daughter attended Kindergarten last year at Pine Forest. As most new Kindergarten parents, I was extremely nervous. I waited with anticipation to find out how my baby's first day went. When I picked her up from school she said that Kindergarten was awesome. She had that same comment for the entire school year. I was amazed that we received weekly news letters, parents were encouraged to be active in their child's school, and that so many outside companies donated time and items to the school. My daughter ran for mayor of Box City, which was a project funded by a local architect firm, that allowed the children to build a relica of our city. The children were even invited to City Hall to be honored for their efforts. My daughter is now in the first grade and she started this year exactly like the last, I had an awesome day.

My daughter has been in attendance to this school for three years now. The teachers work hard and the principal is the best. They show that they care and it is all about the kids.

Last modified Pine Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.