Posted May 26, 2014
R.V. Daniels is an EXCELLENT school! I have currently attending a kindergarten and a second grader. I have loved this school since my 2nd grader had Mrs.Tilbrook in kindergarten and Ms.McCriminger in 1st. I especially love Mrs. T. James who is my current kindergarten child's teacher. My only sadness concerning this is they lost Mrs. Blackshear to Susie Tolbert and they do not teach beyond the second grade. With that in mind, I have to transfer my daughters to another school. R.V Daniels will educate your child on a higher level than expected considering the neighborhood appearance and reputation. The teachers are more than able to take your child to higher heights in education. Yes there is homework assistance in the afterschool program. The school is strict on students leaving the building with someone as well as someone being able to enter the school. You cannot volunteer, not even eat lunch with your child unless they have documented proof you have had a background screening. Some call it annoying, I call it protection. I am happy to know my child is safe while I am away. Thank You R.V. Daniels for your continued dedication to my daughters' growing to the next level in all ways.

R. V. Daniels Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2013
RV Daniels exceeds the standards of excellence The school provided several opportunities for my son to have a holistic growth and development. The academics and extra-curricular activities are well balanced and the teachers & staff are extra helpful. I would like to see more parents & businesses engaged in many programs and activities to support our kids growth as well as our community. This year is my son's last year in this school and he'll bring many wonderful memories with him. I would like to give a special thanks to Ms. T. James Ms. McCrimager & a very special thanks to the principal LaShawn Blackshear for giving the students & parents a 110%. I'm forever thankful for the teachers and staff of RV Daniels

Posted January 31, 2013
I have a kindergartner at RV Daniels and I love this school. Do not be swayed by the neighborhood- that is the whole point of a magnet school. The teachers teach to the top percentile of the classroom and differentiation is standard. Yes, transportation is an issue but that is not the fault of the school. Parent involvement could be better but that depends on the family, not the school. If you have a gifted child or academically talented child, they will be stimulated here. Also, if your child is in the normal or abnormal range, they will be accepted and stimulated to a higher level. I am also impressed by the lack of behavioral issues. The administration nip any behavioral issue at the bud; therefore, they cannot escalate to a bigger problem.

Posted April 13, 2009
We have been extremely happy with the accelerated pace of the magnet curriculum. It may be difficult for some children to keep up with the homework that is due weekly. There are several projects during the year as well as weekly spelling and math tests. They emphasize creative writing. In KG, they have already covered addition, subtraction and are carrying over now. Math word problems were introduced in the first half of the year. Children take home a reading folder every week and read books at their own level. Overall, the academics are far superior to other public and private schools. The area is not a very safe looking neighborhood but my child has not encountered any problems with fighting or bullying. There are very few extracurricular activites offered so these must be supplemented elsewhere. The teachers go above and beyond to ensure that each child is challenged.

Posted August 14, 2007

Posted February 15, 2005
RV Daniels is an awesome schools academically, and it provides a safe, nurturing enviroment for students, and welcomes all parents to become active participants in the education of their children.

Posted March 19, 2004
My daughter has been attending since kindergarden and loves it. She is in 3rd grade and the Montesori curriculum is well suited to her learning style. The entire staff seems to have a deep commitment to the childrens. The before and after school programs allow for academic advancement, not just 'Baby Sitters'. The Classroom enviroment lets children progress above grade level and promote a true enjoyment of learning.

R. V. Daniels Elementary School
1951 West 15th Street, Jacksonville, FL  32209
Last modified R. V. Daniels Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
R. V. Daniels Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top