Jacksonville, FL

Pickett Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
I went to Pickett Elementary school in 1962-1963 and would like to know if there is anyone that knows how to get in touch with others from that time line.

Posted October 28, 2012
i love Pickett I grew up there and had no dought that my daughter wouldnt go there, The only thing is her Pre-K teacher doesnt know how to handle a child who has ADD/ADHD. But other then her teacher I have nothing bad to say

Pickett Elementary School 0

Posted April 25, 2010
My child has a learning disability unlike most schools Pickett has worked with my child to create an I can do attitude. Pickett has also told my husband that she needs smaller classes and told us that we may need to apply for a special grant that Florida gives out for the Mckay Scholarship. They could keep my child there and get all the credits that my state gives for ese children, but their first concern is for the child's education, and for that I am grateful.

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted May 24, 2006

Pickett Elementary School 0

Posted May 24, 2006
I also agree that pickett is a great school..They care about the children, there overall attitude is pleasant, and it welcomes all people with the same respect. Their academics is easy and taught for the most part where the children can learn. Although some need to learn how to talk and treat children. For the most part I do believe that it is a well rounded school. If I do have more children I will consider sending them their as well.

Pickett Elementary School 3

Posted January 28, 2006
As it seems that everything is based on what needs to be done to meet requirements for government funding the bases of actual learning is exteremly low. The school seems to lean more towards those requirements rather than the individual needs of the students. It's frustrating to have a child who is struggling and a teacher who feels all children should learn on the same level. This practice does not allow for those who might need extra care or attention. We have expressed our concerns to the principal and the teacher with little to no results. We are extremely disappointed with public schools and will be placing our children in private schools at the beginning of the next school year. Shame on those who put such overly high expectations on every child learning at the same pace. Duval county public schools should take more interest in education rather than funding requirements!

Posted January 11, 2006
This is my childs first year in school. I have no other schools to compare Pickett Elementery to, however I'm very pleased with this school. They are very concerned with the childs education. The teachers and staff are always friendly and have a smile on their face. I'm so glad I chose this school to start my child in. Parents are always welcome. They have music, art and P.E. they rotate days between the three. I love this school!

Pickett Elementary School
6305 Old Kings Road, Jacksonville, FL  32254
Last modified Pickett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pickett Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top