J. E. B. Stuart Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 850 students

Posted February 25, 2014

I went to JEB Stuart as a student in the 70s and my child goes there now. I've been disappointed with the communication between myself and my child's teachers.

Posted February 6, 2014

Parents please volunteer on your childrens schools. I volunteer at this school and took me just one day to realized that it is one of the worse schools my son have ever been. Im a military guy and i move often. My advice to you all is dont send your child to this school raelly its not worth it.

Posted December 25, 2011

Ppl there are can be very niceand wonderful but also mean and hurtful the work there is sometimes useless

Posted September 13, 2011

I read a negative response from a parent of a sixth grader and just had to comment. I really cannot believe there are parents out there who actually expect the schools to be their child's parents. Seriously, to expect middle school teachers to walk with these kids is unbelievable. I am pretty sure that when their child plays outside their own parents aren't sitting on the porch "watching" them. All the negative comments are about how the school doesn't pay attention to their child. However, I didn't hear that parrent mention one thing about academics. THAT is what schools are for. Stop whining and start parenting. Let the teachers TEACH. Oh, by the way. there is more that YOUR child in each classroom. REALITY CHECK

Posted September 12, 2011

I sent my son to Jeb Stuart, from magnet school, because he was not doing well at magnet. I had the hardest time getting the required assistance for my son when he went to a magnet school. It was always that no one had the time, meaning the staff, to provide the necessary assistance. As a result, my child failed one grade at magnet. Since sending my son to Jeb Stuart, he has been offered grade replacement assistance and has been placed in his right grade. I hear of all the negative comments about Jeb Stuart, but I am testifying to the positive. The staff have been pleasant and very cooperative to my family. My son enjoys going to Jeb Stuart and happy to have made the change.

Posted July 19, 2011

Horrible school My son went here last year for 6th grade he was in all ap classes yet he really did not learn anything new this year that we did not teach him at home,he was assulted twice and I the parent was not called either time,had to hear it from my son,The principal mr bostic is a joke,all he does is make excuses and says "I run a tight ship" bunch of bs.The teachers and staff do not have an open door policy,we actually had one teacher call us during class time to ask if we didnt like her,really you have nothing more to care about then my personal opinion of you?,The safety of the students is not taken seriously,My childs bus was constantly late sometimes over an hour and still parents were nto called we thought our child was abducted once but no his bus was an hour and a half late but when I called the school they had no idea what was going on,Because of all these issues my son will be homeschooled this year Another thing I forgot to mention was at a fieldtrip at a theme park my son and other children were left unattended for hours while their chaperones (teachers) got fast passes so they could ride rides, If u love your children do not send them to this school!

Posted February 9, 2011

I Would Like To Clear Some Things Up About My School J.E.B Stuart Middle. People Say That It Is A Bad School. I Used To Say That It Is A Bad School But, I Stopped. Because, When I Finally Went There For My 8th Grade School Year Things Were Good. The Teachers There Are Wonderful. They Help You Succeed. The Principal Cares About The Students And He Wants Every Single Kid To Have A Wonderful Time At J.E.B . The Students Are Overall Good But, There Might Be A Couple Of Kids That Might Be "Bad" , But Doesn't Every School Have A Few Of Those Students ? Also I Am In The Team- Up Program At The School And It Is Great Too. Currently I Am The Team Up President For 2010-2011 School Year. This Is Myself Speaking To Whoever Is Reading This. I Used To Be A "D" and "F" Student At My Old School But Here At J.E.B I Am Making All A's And One B. Almost Straight A's. This Is A Wonderful School and Make Sure "Not To Judge A Book By It's Cover."

Posted May 25, 2010

I think the school is great but needs alittle improvement on student-teacher involvement. My child complains about the food, sounds like I am paying full price for substandard meals, the manager of the food service department needs to fix this issue.

Posted March 19, 2010

I am very disappointed with this school, but I hear it is the same everywhere. Teachers not knowing how to enter grades properly, substitutes allowing the children to do whatever they please, and the constant fights in the school. It's time the adults take charge and discipline the kids, stop being afraid of these kids.

Posted March 2, 2010

I think think this school is awesome for students i love mr bostic

Posted January 21, 2010

I went there in 2006 and 2007 and thought it was an alright school.The food was good but the constant fights were a little overwelming,even though I went to watch them all the time.

Posted January 6, 2010

I love jeb, it was a wonderful experience and one of the besst schools I've been to.... I know that what ever anyone says Jeb is a great school and is a great learning environment. The teachers sre amazing and I truly learned alot there...

Posted August 5, 2009

im a 7th grader here at jeb stuart and jebstuart has changed a lot this year.....last year was a disgrace there has been less fight and bullieing....the only way to survive middle school is not to hang out with those type of people be friends with people u would aprechiate. the teachers at time can have fun with you and tell jokes but then they go back to doing there jobs.i have learned a lot at jeb stuart.the new princible mr.bostic has done a great job.A Positive Perspective Leads to Excellence!!

Posted April 29, 2009

i love this school it is very fun and hey have a lot of great teachers

Posted April 10, 2009

its pretty good because they help you alot eith your school problems.

Posted March 11, 2009

I have to agree. Fighting, bulling and it's ok to take other kids stuff even destory it. The teachers seem to care or are they putting on a face. I think there are more bad kids than good kids. Our children are not being watch over. I will home school until we move.

Posted August 15, 2008

My son went to this school the first year we moved to Duval County. I was worried every day. I waited for calls from the school about my child fighting. I must say the student that wrote he wants to learn but the teachers treat them like they are dirt, because 'they think they don't want to learn' Please if you are a teacher understand these kids are saying teach us. I was very involved in my childs education and went to the school once or twice a week. I heard verbal abuse from the teachers every time. 'Yes the kids used it too but I expect more from the teachers. ' My child won't be going to Jebb this school year. I have to pay for an education he should have gotten last year. (send them somewhere else)

Posted March 30, 2008

i used to go to jeb but i switched to darnell cookman and honestly i HATE this school we dont learn anything. plus every teacher on the osperys team needs to be fired (except mr. sowers the only class that i actually learned stuff in) im not trying to be mean or anything but the teachers need to stop playing around and teach their students. i wouldnt be suprised if everybody on the team in math got a 1 or a 2 because we NEVER learned stuff.

Posted February 1, 2008

i like matter of fact i love this school

Posted November 21, 2007

my child has just started this year in the 6th grade. He has been continuously bullied and even in front of different teachers. This school is so bad on protecting our children that I will be moving next year so he can keep his eyes on his studies

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

265 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

260 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

252 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

248 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

278 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

275 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

272 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

273 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

292 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

132 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

n/a
Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

n/a

• MR. ANDREW G LORENTZ
Fax number
  • (904) 573-3213

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now