413 students|Duval

Bad
Good

our daughter has excelled in the 1st grade and its because of her teacher giving her the time she needed , as she has with the whole class , from what our daughter tells us. Mrs. Cuartas is a great teacher

Mr Price and his faculty are the reason we stayed at this school all elementary years. He is the most attentive and caring Principal I have ever encountered. The staff are like an extended family to us and we will miss them so.

Mr Price is an amazing principal along with Miss Gentzkow, Underwood, Mr . Brennan! We love and miss them dearly.

In my opinion Parkwood Heights is a great school. Mr. Price is proactive with the children of the school. My son is in kindergarten and Ms.Wilson is the bomb.com. She is very straight forward with parents and my son adores her. I couldn't ask for a better school for my son.

This school is one of the best-kept secrets in Duval County. It is a small school, with a close-knit community of students, teachers and parents. We have two children at this school, and have been extremely pleased with the education and overall experience they have been receiving. The principal, Mr. Price, is exceptionally caring and hard-working, and a very effective leader of the school. The physical facilities are not the newest or most modern, and the students for the most part do not come from the wealthiest families in town; but these things really don't matter when your children are safe, happy, and receiving a first-rate education. It is not surprising that many parents who live outside of the school's boundaries have sought and received special permission to send their kids to Parkwood. You should send your kids here too. Call Mr. Price and ask for a tour.

This is an excellent school. The teachers are hands on and the principal is alsome. I have never seen a person so hands on. He takes time out of his busy schedule to walk the children to the cross walk. What a alsome person. My Gabriel and Amber love Mr. Price. Thank you for all you do. Love The French's

Teachers, parents, and students work hard to provide a positive environment for learning.

All schools have issues, so anyone that says their school is perfect is oblivious to reality. This school is a good neighborhood school. The principal is the most attentive and pro-active principal I have ever met. He will stop and talk on a dime, he has an open door policy, he works through issues, and is very attentive to the students. He has done a great job of providing a safe school that kids can feel secure and loved in. Some of the issues with the school are not really the school's fault at all. In Our "magnet schools" are a way of segregating in the name of desegregation. Magnet schools separate kids from their neighborhoods and cause imbalance in the neighborhood schools. This school has suffered somewhat because of that, however the teachers are fabulous and we had a great school atmosphere here.

I am a parents that is very involved in my childs education. The communication with the teachers needs to improved. Teaching methods needs to imporve. All kids are not structed to learn the same way, new methods must be taught.

Last modified Parkwood Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.