632 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Holiday Hill Elementary School 5

Posted May 04, 2016
My daughter has been a student here for 4 years and we could not ask for a better school! Her academic and social needs are met every day, she is challenged to do her best, and she has developed wonderful leadership skills. The gifted teacher is creative and encourages the students to think creatively and to try new things. We love this school!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Thank you to Mrs. Dennis, Mrs. Vann, and Mrs. Jones for being exceptional educators for our daughter!

Posted January 15, 2016
There's a huge issue with lack of communication at this school. This is not my child's first year here, but it's definitely the worst. The lack of communication is causing grades to decline tremendously. I'm surprised the rating is as high as it as at a 4 of 10.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 06, 2015
The teachers here helped my son one on one and helped him show significant improvement

Holiday Hill Elementary School 5

Posted August 06, 2015
Great school for children that have good leadership skills and all students have an intelligent potential

Posted June 05, 2015
The somewhat new principal puts on a good front for parents but as a former parent/volunteer I can tell you what she puts on for the outside world does not match what happens on the inside. The behavioral wing of the school is out of control, there are students running the school daily and nothing is done about it. She does not enforce any sort of rules, it is all about making it look good on the outside. There was one child in my child's class that bullied the other students daily and was told to say he was sorry and that was it, no parents were contacted nothing was done. The teachers are unhappy, and have expressed this over and over. The principal does what she wants with no regard to the teachers or the students. She is more worried about making herself look good than educating the students. My neighbor's teacher retired after being out for months and her child was left with 4 months of a different sub teacher almost daily. There is a math and reading coach on staff and never once were they brought in to teach the class, instead they lost 4 months worth of learning and this was in Kindergarten!! I can only imagine what went on in that classroom with no consistency at all. Do yourself and your child a favor and look for a different school until this principal is gone, that is what we have done and the same with many of our neighbors. It's really a shame because we did think she was the answer to this school but the true colors are now showing.

Holiday Hill Elementary School 4

Posted June 16, 2014
My child has attended this school for 3 years now, and has done wonderfully. She loves going to school every day. The teachers, office staff, and extended day staff have all been so nice and helpful. There has been an incident or two with another child picking on them, but the teachers were quick to address it and notify us- Nothing continual has come up....I do agree that there has been a large turnover rate of principals. The new principal coming in seems enthusiastic though, and we're looking forward to another great year at Holiday Hill!

Holiday Hill Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
Our school is Holiday Hill Elementary. Three generations of our family have attended there. My brother in law, my five children and now three grand-daughters are currently attending. The teachers are dedicated and work hard. Classes could be better if smaller but that is finances. The school is a good place "to bloom where you are planted". The current principal works hard and there is a lot of parental involvement. C. Palmer

Posted March 24, 2014
Holiday Hill used to be a good school. But over the past 4 years there has been 4 principals. The FCAT scores are going down and now it has gone from bad to worst with the new principal and vice principal. They consistently play the "race card" and favor one group over another. They allow bullying and refuse to step in. But they themselves bully the teachers and staff. Many good teachers and students are leaving.

Holiday Hill Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
I am a parent of a third grader. I started my child here in kindergarten under a magnet placement. My colleagues children attended this school. But things do not always stay the same. This school is on a steady decline. Even with new leadership. You get a clear feeling the teachers are not on board with the new curriculum. My child comes home confused. Something radical needs to happen here. I thought I was sending my child to a place with a proven track record for success not failure.

6900 Altama Road, Jacksonville, FL  32216
Last modified Holiday Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.