Jacksonville, FL

Holiday Hill Elementary School 4

Posted June 16, 2014
My child has attended this school for 3 years now, and has done wonderfully. She loves going to school every day. The teachers, office staff, and extended day staff have all been so nice and helpful. There has been an incident or two with another child picking on them, but the teachers were quick to address it and notify us- Nothing continual has come up....I do agree that there has been a large turnover rate of principals. The new principal coming in seems enthusiastic though, and we're looking forward to another great year at Holiday Hill!

Holiday Hill Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
Our school is Holiday Hill Elementary. Three generations of our family have attended there. My brother in law, my five children and now three grand-daughters are currently attending. The teachers are dedicated and work hard. Classes could be better if smaller but that is finances. The school is a good place "to bloom where you are planted". The current principal works hard and there is a lot of parental involvement. C. Palmer

Holiday Hill Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2014
Holiday Hill used to be a good school. But over the past 4 years there has been 4 principals. The FCAT scores are going down and now it has gone from bad to worst with the new principal and vice principal. They consistently play the "race card" and favor one group over another. They allow bullying and refuse to step in. But they themselves bully the teachers and staff. Many good teachers and students are leaving.

Holiday Hill Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
I am a parent of a third grader. I started my child here in kindergarten under a magnet placement. My colleagues children attended this school. But things do not always stay the same. This school is on a steady decline. Even with new leadership. You get a clear feeling the teachers are not on board with the new curriculum. My child comes home confused. Something radical needs to happen here. I thought I was sending my child to a place with a proven track record for success not failure.

Holiday Hill Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2012
This use to be a good school. This year the school is terrible. For the ESE kids they are mis treated and not given a fair chance. The principle says she care but she really don't. No matter how much the parent is involved in the school they still mis treat the kids in the ESE wings. The principle don't tell the truth and so does the teachers. They don't want to see these kids succeed or be something. I will not recommed this school to anyone if it is dealing with ESE kids.

Holiday Hill Elementary School 5

Posted February 16, 2011
beast school best i ever went to i spent 4 years there inside a neighborhood very very very beast

Posted April 27, 2010
Our school is great because it still allows for resources that are a very important part of a childs life. Art, Music, Media, and especially PE give the children an outlet during school and let them explore their creative side.

Posted October 20, 2009
I love Holiday Hill Faculty/Staff because they share positiveness with our children and parents. They enjoy being at work daily and teaching and guiding our children.

Posted October 20, 2009
Very family oriented school - everything is what's best for the students teachers are great - principal is involved with the students - great front office staff - can't say enough goodness about this school

Posted October 20, 2009
Holiday Hill is a fantastic school where family values are very important. The teachers and staff are so excited and truly involved and interested helping the students achieve success.

Holiday Hill Elementary School
6900 Altama Road, Jacksonville, FL  32216
Last modified Holiday Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holiday Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top