Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Oak Hill Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2014
Horrible. Kids are constantly bullied. The majority of the staff Don't care & are part of the problem. They won't help the children suffering. My kids would come home with headaches and stomach issues from the every day stress of that school. So many people I know, whose kids attend that school, are going through the same thing. I just want to warn everyone. I don't want any child to go through what my children have endured here.

Posted May 21, 2014
I am a Jacksonville Sales Manager that recently had the opportunity to participate in "Wise Money Week" as a volunteer for Junior Achievement of N Florida and wanted to comment on a wonderful experience I had at Oak Hill Elementary. Principal Amy Bright and her staff made me feel extremely welcome. I was equally impressed to speak with teachers/staff to hear, observe and really understand how much they care and all the hard work they do for the students. Mrs. Battinelli was especially gracious to me throughout the day and her children were fully engaged and eager to learn, ask many engaging questions, and share in many fun laughs with me. I was really moved by how much I could see the children cared about their school and especially what a visitor like myself thought of them and Oak Hill Elementary. On top of having a really fun & learning day with the class, I also ate lunch with them and observed the additional effort and caring Mrs. Battinelli gives her students throughout the entire day. When I finished for the day, it was evident to see the passion Mrs. Battinelli has for teaching and how the students truly want to make learning fun. Would be an honor to volunteer again!

Oak Hill Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2012
This school is going down hill, in the past 2 years. I'm getting my children out of the school as soon as I can.

Posted July 23, 2012
i went to oak hill since kinder garden and i graduated from fifth grade this year and i have love all my teachers Ms.Crawford Mrs.Mcclure Ms.Chapman ms.Baugh and ms.wood mrs. Osgood and Mrs. bornowski and My teachers this past year Ms.Monaco and Mrs.Hinson when i started school it was an A+ school but sadly dropped to a D it has a good academic curriculum but the neighbor hood is not very pleasing and i hope all other students enjoy going there as much as i did :)

Oak Hill Elementary School 4

Posted March 23, 2012
As a substitute teacher, my experiences with Oak Hill have all been positive. The students were well behaved for the most part and the teachers all were so nice and helpful. The neighborhood the school is in isn't the greatest but is seems like a good school.

Oak Hill Elementary School 3

Posted January 05, 2009

Posted September 19, 2008
My son is 5 years old in the Autistic Kindergarten class at Oak Hill Elementary. His teacher Ms Amy Santiago is wonderful. The structure and guidance provided by the Teacher is exactly what we had hoped to find for our son. He' learning and thriving at Oak Hill. We compared Oak Hill to other schools and found it to be the best!!

Posted June 20, 2008
I am very impressed with the school. This is my son's first year and he excelled. I am thankful for his teachers (especially Ms. Sigler) and the administrative team. Ms. Jones is a wonderful leader that truly cares for each child. My son is looking forward to next year.

Oak Hill Elementary School 0

Posted June 15, 2008
My daughter has attended Oak Hill since Kindergarten. She has had wonderful teachers who truly care about her academic success. The teachers at Oak Hill go over and beyond their call of duty to ensure that each child gets what they need to meet the standards. If there was a problem with my daughter in any area, I was always notified immediately, in a professional manner, to help my daughter. I am an involved parent who believes that parent-teacher-student communication/network ensures a student's success. Kudos to Oak Hill's teachers, school administrators, faculty and parents who care!

Oak Hill Elementary School 0

Posted November 22, 2007
My daughter started at Oak Hill this year, so far the only thing i am impressed with is her teacher, Mrs. Lear. I have never seen a better teacher. Her love for her students is unbelieveable... My daughter loves her, I couldn't have hoped for a better teacher for her. The office staff and a few others i have met at the school are quite rude more often than not... A few are unwilling to help the children they are supposed to be there to help. After all i have seen my child will not be attending Oak Hill Elementary school next year if i can help it...

Oak Hill Elementary School
6910 Daughtry Boulevard South, Jacksonville, FL  32210
Last modified Oak Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top