Arlington Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 792 students

Sweep tile

Posted November 14, 2013

I don't like this school, this school has no soap in the bathroom, get in trouble if were not on second tile ( which is dumb) , we have cameras that watch our every move, the books have inappropriate writing in it, the lunch ladies are mean, you can't walk to class by yourself. , & kids spit and/or sneeze in the water fountain I'm embarrassed to go to this school.... Please don't send your child to go here and if your child goes here I recommend that you don't tell people what school you go to

Posted November 5, 2013

I think that this school is okay, sure some things need to change here and there, but besides that it's great. It's my second year here, and I'm used to walking around the building with adults everywhere you go. This can make me feel like it's a prison not a school. It doesn't prepare us for highschool. The uniform is not very helpful either, most kids don't even wear them. They don't let us express ourselves enough. Some teachers are very helpful and enthusiastic, but others are noncaring. The bathrooms need soap, and we walk on second tile everywhere. In lunch we have to sit with our class (no sitting with outside friends), and whisper. In elementary we got to sit wherever and talk freely. I think it's just a littoe to strict. Besides these things, I think Arlington Middle is okay. Three stars Arlington, kudos. GO VIKINGS!!!!

Posted October 17, 2012

I dislike this school. the uniform dress code is really strict. you cant walk to you classes without a teacher, you can only use the bathroom when someone says, and no lockers. if your out of uniform, you get written up for a violation. this school isnt a strict as they are to the 6 graders. 7th and 8th graders are always out of uniform and they dont get in trouble. well if your a 6th grader and is out of uniform you get in bunches of trouble and gets written up.

Posted March 5, 2012

Lots of bullying at this school and nothing is ever done, if your child is quiet and latin watch out. Staff cares nothing about this.

Posted September 8, 2011

Arlington middle school is the best middle school ever i ever went to and i graduated cause of Arlington middle.

Posted August 16, 2011

After a day and a half in a private school this year s it s become evident that my child got dumber for going to Arlington Middle. It s amazing how your kid gets a B average just for showing up. Never had homework or any type of challenging project, just had to be there so the school could get their money. Duval County spends who knows how much money on this web page that s for teachers and parents to communicate and none of the teachers use it! I take that back the only one that did was the music teacher. The best day was when I had to pick up my child for a dental appointment and it took the school over an hour to find him! And you will never guess where he was in his scheduled class. This school sucks and I want my tax money back.

Posted July 27, 2011

I think Arlington middle school is a great school my son goes their . he has a problem with a few kids but they have great teacher their if your kids go their they will be safe and have the right type of education they need . go Vikings

Posted April 24, 2010

I personally love this school, of course ive had a few problems with very little other kids at AMS but you can not find a school that there is not one problem. i give tis school ***** because its an excellent school the teachers assist me in all the areas i need help in and they even help me if im having problems outside of school. The school is clean,great principles,great security, and PHENOMENAL teachers!! GO VIKINGS!

Posted October 9, 2009

Horrible administration and procedures. These people are here for the job not the students!!! Mom of 3~

Posted July 12, 2009

i would not recomend this school its horrible but great activitys not very fun niether

Posted June 9, 2009

it is a very good school since dr. lisella came around.the grade has gone up.its a good school.try it!

Posted September 29, 2008

My daughter is in 6th grade at this school. Even though I have lived in the surrounding neighborhood for years, I was very apprehensive about her starting middle school at Arlington Middle. However, we were pleasantly surprised! The new school is absolutely beautiful, and is kept very clean. The kids are escorted to every class by the previous class teacher, so they are never alone in the hallway; I am not sure that this is necessary, but it works. My daughter says that she feels safe walking to and from school, and that she has not witnessed any fighting etc. She is in advanced classes, loves her teachers and does not have tons of homework. The new principal thinks that this school will soon be an 'A' school....surprisingly, so do I !

Posted September 24, 2008

this school is okaay but the teachers think that they are our parents sometimes and we dont like it, but thats either here or there its a good school i just think teachers should be nicer and stop bossin us around because there not out parents there here to teach us not punish us and the teachers shouldent over load the kids on work either.

Posted February 27, 2008

I have had no problems with this school to date. I know the resource officer at the school and he told me not to worry when my daughter started there due to the bad rep the school has had in the past. My daughter loves it and has begged me to let her go there next year since I had contemplated taking her out. Also, the teachers have been great and easily accesible and even offered to assist my daughter with help she needed before and after school.

Posted February 19, 2008

Good school, nice new facilitys, and the rules have taken fighting low and the grades of my children have improved since the nice facility was built. Over all great school

Posted November 26, 2007

My son attends this school and overall, I'm impressed with his teachers. Majority go far and beyond to assist him, such as after school tutoring and open communication with parents.

Posted September 7, 2007

I truly agree with the previous comment...the school discipline guidelines is ridiculous...my daughter was punished for another students mis-behavior and I am continplating seriously to remove her from this school!!!

Posted July 18, 2006

My granddaughter attends Arlington Middle and I am extremely impressed with their new facility, the state of the art technology dept., the full range of extracurricular sports, and the overall caring nature of most of the faculty and staff. I am also impressed with the genuine concern they show about any special needs or issues that my granddaughter has. The teachers offer before and/or after school tutoring for any student needing extra help. Her teachers were very accessible for conferences and were totally honest about what my grandchild needed help with. I have read the other comments and I must say - that if those are true - the school has certainly changed a great deal since then. I highly recommend Arlington Middle School for any child moving into that area of Jacksonville.

Posted March 7, 2005

Arlington Middle School is building new facilities behind the old school. Other than that there is nothing else good I can say about this school. We have had numerous problems with bullying, our son's bike getting stolen from a fenced area (the bike chain-lock was cut) and just general lack of interest for learning by the majority of students who go to this school. I understand the teacher's and staff's hands are pretty much tied with disciplining the problem student's but we refuse to send our son back for another year.

Posted January 9, 2004

I have just moved to the area and I have two older children in this school. The school is very run down and their seems to be alot of fights and the staff don't seem to do much about the fighting in their school. My child had gone and approached the security officer at the school and told them of a problem she was having their and he overlooked the situtation as did the asst. principle and principle. The school is very nasty and dirty looking. My children have told me that the bathrooms wher dirty also. If I was moving to this area and my child would have to attend this school I really would reconsider my decision.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

268 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2013.

267 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

274 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

266 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

246 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 56% in 2013.

246 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 47% in 2013.

243 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 79% in 2013.

240 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

271 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

152 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

n/a
Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian 2% 3%

• Dr. Linda Lisella
Fax number
  • (904) 720-1702

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now