Hyde Grove Elementary School 3

Posted July 11, 2014
My children come home telling me how long it takes to log in to the computer. If we are moving to this new advance technology world why is it that the lowest performing schools have the WORST, oldest, & slowest computers & system? They have a wonderful Team Up program that help my children do their homework and offer enrichment activities that they only get once a week during the regular school hours. The director and lead teacher are great. My children love them.

Posted April 09, 2014
I have just moved and I have three kids that will be attending this school. So far I have still been driving them to their old school because they love it and its so close to the end of the year. However of course I can't keep them in a school that's in the incorrect district. But after reading the reviews I am now very concerned about transferring them. Does anyone have any more incite that could help me make a decision?!

Posted October 17, 2013
I have 2 boys that have attended Hyde grove for 3 years. The first year was great I was very happy with the school despite the grade level it was at. After the first year the principle was moved to a different school and replaced by principle Royal. That was the biggest mistake they could have made at that school! Since Mr Royal has become principle it seems as if no one cares about the children or the quality of education they are receiving. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 26, 2013
My son goes to Hyde grove elementary school he is in kindergarten at the moment school just started and he is already coming home upset telling me that his teacher is mean and yells at him so this morning I let him walk into his clad a good two or three minutes before I walked in and I witnessed how hateful and rude she was myself were from georgia and he attended prek last year and loved every day of it now he dreads going to school and is scared of his teacher I plan on having a talk with his teachers today and the principal as well a teacher should be kind and caring not mean and hateful especially when it's our five and six year olds they are so impressionable at this age .

Hyde Grove Elementary School 3

Posted July 15, 2013
I attended this school as a child, for grades 3-5, and after reading the few reviews that have been posted in the 15 years since my attendance, very little has changed. There are some teachers who choose to be involved and truly care for their students, but many of them allow students to slip through the cracks due to lack of help from the parent's end. It takes many people to educate a child, they learn both from books, and real life experience. Many of the children have little to no respect for authority, or each other, and it frustrates the staff. There again, some of the staff, with the exception of few, tend to have a nonchalant attitude if they believe that the parents don't care either. Take it from someone who had that experience themselves as a 5th grader there. A teacher who had been appointed to oversee the safety patrol there treated me like I wasn't fit to polish floors, and gave me 'once over' looks, with distasteful rolls of the eye when she saw me, because I rarely had nice clothes to wear, and my mom worked two jobs, so she never came up to school except to drop us off and pick us up. My first experience with any type of prejudice.

Hyde Grove Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2013
My daughter is currently attending this school and will be leaving next year. She was doing better in Callahan, learning more and getting the one on one she needed. Now she is going to Hyde Grove getting bullied and her grades just don't seem right for someone as smart as her. She comes home crying and begging to never go back. We tried talking to teachers but nothing gets done. I have even been told that since she is white that seems to be the problem. I say no more and she is going to a B school next year instead of a D school.

Hyde Grove Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2011
my son is in the ese progams in this school. he is in prek and is developemently delayed. when he started school he could barely talk but now i can't get him to be quiet because he has so much to say, it puts a smile on my face. he was not potty trained when he started now he doesnt even use diapers to go to bed. now tell me how this is not a good school. first and for most if your going to insult people's teaching skills you should learn how to spell or use spell check before you post. second the staff does what they can. i love this school for my son his teachers are so amazing. keep it up hyde grove. A childs education and discipline begins at home. Teach your own kids how to behave dont expect the teacers to do it for you.

Hyde Grove Elementary School 5

Posted October 19, 2010
I think the school is doing a good job with what they have to work with.... no money, little parent involement.... If you want to complain why dont you volenteer and she whats going on in the school before you start bad mouthing the teachers

Posted February 26, 2010
This school is horrid. I am doing everything in my power to get my child out of it. There is no guidance, the kids that attend have no home training, and the teachers are less than devoted. My child has a substitute almost weekly. The kids seem to make the rules and the aftercare program is more like a babysitting scam.

Posted August 20, 2009

Hyde Grove Elementary School
2056 Lane Avenue South, Jacksonville, FL  32210
Last modified Hyde Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hyde Grove Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.