Justina Road Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 290 students

Posted February 26, 2014

My wife and I moved here from out of state and were disappointed to find out we could not participate in the choice program midway through the semester. I reluctantly enrolled my 4 children into justina. The school struggles structurally from the get go. Took them a week to get my children's records because their fax machine was down. My youngest sons kindergarten teacher was inappropriate with the "advice" she gave us about our son in his daily folder. Come to find out, after complaining, that she was just a long term substitute and would not be coming back. Overall Justinas staff is trying very hard an my kids benefitted from all the extra funding and free turtoting and extended school hours! The main problem is the other parents of students at this school. Of 300 student's parents I'd say about 20% of them are actually involved and invested in their children. Justina has a great staff now in place with a great leader as their principal but they can't do it own their own.

Posted July 13, 2011

Justina Road elementary school is awesome. I don't have a child that attends. But I do have two nephews that attend. I have been to the school several times to attend graduations. Just from being at the graduation I can see that the teachers are very concerned and involved with the students well-being and wanting them to succeed not only in school but in life. They are very much involved and also want parents and family members to be involved. They thrive for the best of the students. I would recommend this school to any parent who wants their child to succeed and thrive for the best.

Posted September 25, 2009

This is the first year that my kids are at Justina Road Elem. From what I can see, the school administartion is very eager to help these students excel. They just need backing from the parents. Which is one of the reasons I joined the PTA.

Posted May 5, 2009

I had my doubts about the school since it scored so low in the grading system last year. My son was placed in Justina on a mix up and honestly its the best thing that has happened to him. He is a bright boy and need the proper support to succeed. My child is an ESE student and he requires lots of attention and assistance. Every teacher I have ever spoken to know my son by name and that is a great thing in a school. The teachers are very personable. Justina was a horrible school in my view but now that my son is attending I realize that its a hard working school and their grade will reflect all of the hard work put into the children there. Go Jaguars!!!!

Posted November 29, 2007

A great school. At first it wasn't good but later on through the years it turned great.

Posted September 30, 2007

My child has been at this school for 3 years and I have seen major changes. This school is consistently improving. They have a hard working, dedicated staff who are child centered.

Posted March 10, 2006

We have seen NO evidence of the magnet program in this school. Even though we have had several parent/teacher and office visits, despite our requests, the principal has never been in contact with us. We are removing our child when the year is over. We came here for a magnet that didn't deliver.

Posted January 1, 2006

This school has helped my child build her confidence and academics.

Posted April 25, 2004

Justina is a wonderful school. The efforts the teachers and the staff make to educate these children is remarkable. After recently visiting a PTA meeting at Justina i was nothing short of amazed. It was a wonderful experience and i encourage more parents to take part in their childrens education. It can do nothing but improve their own childs experience and education.

Posted August 4, 2003

The 2002-2003 school year was the first year my son attended Justina. My son and I started the year off in a positive and excited manner, as usual. I encourage my son to love to learn and follow rules. My son has ADHD and Bipolar disorder, however he does not have a learning disability. Unfortunately, the teacher he was assigned to did not treat my son fairly. Whenever she had an issue with him she always recommended his medication be increased or enroll him in the ESE class. Through hard work, determination and cooperation with the teachers, counselors, and psychologists my son was reassigned to a new teacher and improved a great deal in his learning. My son was tested and he received an average to above average results in all his academics. What really astonished me was that he ranked as 7th grade in reading and comprehension. I really commend all the teachers at Justina. I will not let one apple spoil the bunch. Justina has my vote.

Posted June 18, 2003

I have 2 children entering 2nd grade at Justina Rd. Elementary. At this level, I find reading to be a major focus and the children thrive on it. 4 out of the 5 teachers that my children have had thus far have been wonderful. One of my girls is in the ESE (Special Education) program. This program leaves much to be desired in my opinion. The principal claims she has much experience with ESE and claims to have been at one time in control of the ESE program. That being the case, you would think this program would be up to par. On the other hand, both of my girls are in the 'Can Do' program, which has done a world of good for them! These people are kind, loving, and understanding to the children and appear to really love working with and helping these kids. Keep up the great work! With improvement in the ESE program, it is my opinion that this school would be a much better place for learning. Sincerely, Justina Road Parent

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

45 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

45 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

37 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

37 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

36 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

29 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

30 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

30 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

34 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "D".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "D".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. VIOLET STOVALL
Fax number
  • (904) 745-4947

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now