Jacksonville, FL

Justina Road Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2014
My wife and I moved here from out of state and were disappointed to find out we could not participate in the choice program midway through the semester. I reluctantly enrolled my 4 children into justina. The school struggles structurally from the get go. Took them a week to get my children's records because their fax machine was down. My youngest sons kindergarten teacher was inappropriate with the "advice" she gave us about our son in his daily folder. Come to find out, after complaining, that she was just a long term substitute and would not be coming back. Overall Justinas staff is trying very hard an my kids benefitted from all the extra funding and free turtoting and extended school hours! The main problem is the other parents of students at this school. Of 300 student's parents I'd say about 20% of them are actually involved and invested in their children. Justina has a great staff now in place with a great leader as their principal but they can't do it own their own.

Posted July 13, 2011
Justina Road elementary school is awesome. I don't have a child that attends. But I do have two nephews that attend. I have been to the school several times to attend graduations. Just from being at the graduation I can see that the teachers are very concerned and involved with the students well-being and wanting them to succeed not only in school but in life. They are very much involved and also want parents and family members to be involved. They thrive for the best of the students. I would recommend this school to any parent who wants their child to succeed and thrive for the best.

Justina Road Elementary School 0

Posted September 25, 2009
This is the first year that my kids are at Justina Road Elem. From what I can see, the school administartion is very eager to help these students excel. They just need backing from the parents. Which is one of the reasons I joined the PTA.

Posted May 05, 2009
I had my doubts about the school since it scored so low in the grading system last year. My son was placed in Justina on a mix up and honestly its the best thing that has happened to him. He is a bright boy and need the proper support to succeed. My child is an ESE student and he requires lots of attention and assistance. Every teacher I have ever spoken to know my son by name and that is a great thing in a school. The teachers are very personable. Justina was a horrible school in my view but now that my son is attending I realize that its a hard working school and their grade will reflect all of the hard work put into the children there. Go Jaguars!!!!

Posted November 29, 2007
A great school. At first it wasn't good but later on through the years it turned great.

Posted September 30, 2007
My child has been at this school for 3 years and I have seen major changes. This school is consistently improving. They have a hard working, dedicated staff who are child centered.

Justina Road Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2006
We have seen NO evidence of the magnet program in this school. Even though we have had several parent/teacher and office visits, despite our requests, the principal has never been in contact with us. We are removing our child when the year is over. We came here for a magnet that didn't deliver.

Posted January 01, 2006
This school has helped my child build her confidence and academics.

Posted April 25, 2004
Justina is a wonderful school. The efforts the teachers and the staff make to educate these children is remarkable. After recently visiting a PTA meeting at Justina i was nothing short of amazed. It was a wonderful experience and i encourage more parents to take part in their childrens education. It can do nothing but improve their own childs experience and education.

Justina Road Elementary School 3

Posted August 04, 2003
The 2002-2003 school year was the first year my son attended Justina. My son and I started the year off in a positive and excited manner, as usual. I encourage my son to love to learn and follow rules. My son has ADHD and Bipolar disorder, however he does not have a learning disability. Unfortunately, the teacher he was assigned to did not treat my son fairly. Whenever she had an issue with him she always recommended his medication be increased or enroll him in the ESE class. Through hard work, determination and cooperation with the teachers, counselors, and psychologists my son was reassigned to a new teacher and improved a great deal in his learning. My son was tested and he received an average to above average results in all his academics. What really astonished me was that he ranked as 7th grade in reading and comprehension. I really commend all the teachers at Justina. I will not let one apple spoil the bunch. Justina has my vote.

Justina Road Elementary School
3101 Justina Road, Jacksonville, FL  32277
Last modified Justina Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Justina Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top