Posted February 22, 2014
This school is among the worst of any in duval county. Bullying is not taking serious. The teachers are COWARDS as well as the administration. The staff from the top to the bottom are only interested in collecting a check and not about the well being of the students. Couldn't get my child out of there faster enough!

Posted July 28, 2013
Its funny they have great teacher and great programs for all students. If you have any problems with students bullying or being mean you tell a teacher and the teacher will help write away. Well that's all I have to say about Jefferson Davis Middle School

Posted February 21, 2013
The faculty and staff in the Cambridge program at Jefferson Davis Middle school are wonderful! My son is currently in the 8th grade Cambridge program and we couldn't be happier with his experience.

Jefferson Davis Middle School 5

Posted February 16, 2013
My daughter is currently enrolled in the Cambridge Program. She first started in the AVID program but during her 8th grade she was picked to enter into the Cambridge program. My daughter has learned so much in these programs. She is in advanced courses such as Geometry and Trigonmometry and shes only an 8 th grader..very impressive to us. She is also apart of the NJHS and she has excelled very well. Over the Jefferson Middle School has been a great experience for her..my husband and I were skeptical in her attending this neighborhood school since it had a bad reputation but the school is nothing that we heard. The teachers their are very kind, helpful and very supportive with the children. Overall a great experience for her and us...Highly recommend this school.

Posted February 15, 2013
My son is a student in the Cambridge program and we love the school! The teachers, principal and vice principals really care about the success of the students and go to great lengths to ensure they succeed. They also do a great job keeping parents involved.

Posted February 14, 2013
My son is currently in the AVID/Cambridge program. I am very pleased with the great leadership in that program. I see a true caring for the kids from the coordinator and the teachers. They are all doing a wonderful job of preparing the students for high school, college, and life :)

Posted February 14, 2013
We shared with the principal at one point, that Jefferson Davis Middle School was not our first choice for our son. I had heard rumors about how rough a school JDMS was. Our experience proves that one should not listen to such rumors and should get the facts straight for themselves. Once we attended the Open House we felt a little better. We just decided to make the best of what we thought was a mediocre school. We found out about all the available opportunities and our son was accepted into AVID and later the Cambridge Program where he's excelled! He was called by the magnet program for an opening. We researched it, talked to him about it, but by that time, we were all so excited and anticipatory about attending JDMS that we turned it down! When we attended Open House we're so pleased with our son s teachers. So far, his and our experience has been positive and we look forward to the rest of his time at JDMS! We know their jobs as educators are not easy because they are so much more than that and we thank you, again, for your career choices and dedication to the students.

Posted February 14, 2013
My son is currently an 8th grade student in the Cambridge Program. From the moment the program was introduced to him, I saw the positive attitude change and the shift in pride for his middle school. There was something to respect, not just about himself for being selected, but his neighborhood school now stood out in a positive way. He has been very pleased with his Cambridge teachers and their curriculum and so have I. He continues to keep an ever popular outlook about his future and I attribute a lot of that to the Jefferson Davis Middle School Cambridge Program!!!!

Posted June 06, 2011
My son currently attends this school as a 6th grader, and i am currently looking to enroll him in another next year. The environment at this school is awful and my son constantly complains of bullying and feeling unsafe. He wants to attend another school. While my son attends all advance classes, i was shock to see how little the teacher cared. The school is poor about updating the grading portal and when asked about teaching plans and grades, they are act like you are questioning there ability to teach. I would not recommend this school to anyway. Then again, if you live in the zone, your choices are limited.

Posted November 10, 2010
The teachers seem to have minimal interest in the students. They never return phone calls, they ignore you when you walk into the building. If the children aren't doing well in their class, they seem to think it's not their problem. Many times I have come to pick my children up early for doctor's appointments and the like, and the staff simply allows the children to come with me, without even asking who I am, checking a list, or asking for ID. There are fights and bullying everyday. My children complain they don't feel safe, and the teachers don't care about them.

Jefferson Davis Middle School
7050 Melvin Road, Jacksonville, FL  32210
Last modified Jefferson Davis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Davis Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top