706 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

San Mateo Elementary School 2

Posted December 09, 2015
In the past 5 years, 3 different principal's and different staff. Think there's bullying from kids and STAFF. No staff should tell a student they have a headache from looking at a student! Alot of snobby people.

Posted February 21, 2015
It's a great school. We've enjoyed our time here and so have our kids. Great staff and Principal!

Posted November 23, 2014
I have two great grandchildren at San Mateo. Six years and I feel it's a great school. The children love all the teachers and staff. we feel free to get any help or questions answered. They really care about our kids and their education.

Posted September 30, 2014
My daughter first and fifth grader love it here. Teachers are wonderful here very hands on and very hands on.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is great. Best teachers in Jacksonville. A great school for young children to grow and learn.

San Mateo Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2014
This school is horrible, my son had the worst kindergarden ever. I will never go back. If your family don't have enough money your marked. Our schools have totally lost why they are here. Its for the KIDS...

San Mateo Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2012
I have had my child at this school since grade K. The first couple of years, the school was awesome and we loved it. Then we lost our Principal and got a new one (Vice Principal promoted). Since then, our FCAT scores have dropped and now our school grade has dropped. All we hear now is the FCAT scores changed. New Berlin and Sheffield remained "A" schools! The school has lost many teachers in the past two years as well....good teachers. They cannot take the Principal anymore, which was a huge loss for this school. The teacher moral is so low that it makes it hard to teach these kids. I love the teachers though. They are all wonderful and love what they are doing. If I wasn't on my last year there, I would have pulled my child out. Yes....I would pull my child out of a "magnet" school. That tells you how bad it has gotten the last 2 yrs. There are many students that have been pulled from this school by parents after applying just to get in as "magnet" status. Not to mention, what I found out through public records what this Principal makes per year ($80,000.00) and the school is going downhill.......sad.....truly sad.

Posted June 12, 2010
I think San Mateo Elementary is a great school as I went there, my children went there and now my grand daughter is going there. I do wish the school could get the funds to add more classes so there is not so many students in a class.

Posted May 29, 2009
Hi! I love this school. I have 3 children that attend this school. My oldest son will be in the 5th grade this upcoming school year 2009-2010 and he has been here since Kindergarten. My other son will be in the 3rd grade this upcoming school year and my daughter will be in the 2nd grade. I have truly enjoyed each teacher who has been a part of their excellence at this school which includes: Mrs. Parker, Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Lay(J)/Mckinney, Mrs. G/Cox,Mrs. Shaw/Smith, Mrs. Mac(Bowman), and also Mrs. Christmas who has definitely been a great support system for me and my daughter who was struggling when she first began 1st grade but she has went from a 'B' in reading all the way to an 'I' and I know that if it was not for her caring and support she would not be where she is. THANKS ALL OF YOU!

Posted April 05, 2009
All three of my sons have attended San Mteo. My youngest leaves the fifth grade this year. We have had some wonderful years here. I'll miss everyone. The principal and teachers have been great. The front office staff are very helpful. Thank You for some wonderful years.

San Mateo Elementary School
600 Baisden Road, Jacksonville, FL  32218
Last modified San Mateo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.