463 students|Duval

Bad
Good

This school has no control over its students. The teachers walk around all defeated. They just sigh and say there's nothing they can do because that's the students' normal behavior. It's inexcusable. How can schools like Crystal Springs or Chaffee Trail be so good yet Normandy Village be so bad? They are all within a few miles of each other. The neighborhoods are pretty much the same and the students are of a similar background. What's the difference? I think it's a complete and total failure of the administration. I know a school's success depends on parental involvement and the students' willingness to learn, but come on. There is no real organization. The front office staff can't even figure out which class a student is in. The principal is an airhead who has no business cleaning the bathrooms let alone running the school. This school is a complete disaster from the very top on down to pathetic students who throw classroom furniture at their teachers. How many fights do they have daily? How many teachers skip work on a weekly basis? I once thought highly of Normandy Village but my experience with it has been nothing but negative. I can't wait for the State to take them over.

I've worked here as a substitute teacher several times. Normandy Village isn't a bad school but it is a mediocre school. The teachers and administration do the best they can but it is the parents and their children who come up short. Normandy Village could be great with a little parental involvement. The biggest improvement needed is in the area of discipline. I once walked up the hallway and overheard all but two teachers were in the middle of disciplining their students. That is unacceptable and it will not change without the parents.

My grand daughter have been at this Great School since K and this is one of the great schools I have seen in Jacksonville, Fl.. Keep up with the good work

Both of my sons have been at this school for the past two years now and I am so glad that they are there. The staff is by far one of the best I ve ever dealt with because the way that they involve and communicate with the parents is phenomenal. My children used to attend Jax Heights Ele. and receiving updates/feedback from one fo the staff members there was like trying to find a needle in a haystack; almost impossible. However, Normandy Village Elementary hasn t ceased to keep me informed, either by phone, mail or email, on the status of my children s progress. I can not express my gratitude enough on how this school handles their day-to-day functions and I for one am more than pleased. To the principal and staff members, Thank you for being #1 in me and my children s eyes.

i am a former student yeah there are some better school but i went to normandy for 6 years it was clean most of the time but it is a school with good staff an dteachers that really care

This school is horrible. There is very poor decision making and leadership from the Principle. Also, communication and discipline at the school is far below adequate. While there are a few good teachers in the school, the lack of organization and support from the administration severely hinders their ability to provide the best classroom experience possible.

I have been only working with Normandy Village Since August. Yes there may be some flaws with ths school but the teachers here are amazing. They truly care about the students and go above and beyond. In the next few years Normandy Village will be changing with new programs and technology that will make the school better than it is.

My kids have been here 8 years and I wish I had never enrolled them here. Some of the teachers and staff are great. There are ants and flying insect infestations at times inside and outside of the school. The homework is monotonous. I wish we hadn't choosen this school.

I have been working for 2 years to find a different school for my daughter. She has brought home nothing but A's and 100's and I didn't even know there was a gifted program available. Why her teachers didn't recommend her for the program is beyond me. Both years, her teachers have been absent more than they were present. The homework is monotonous and not challenging in any way. She should not have the words 'out, how, cow, now' as spelling words in 2nd grade. The lunchroom monitors do nothing but yell and scream at the kids the whole lunch break (I have witnessed personally). One of the few positives is the class sizes. Guess they make the classes smaller so the substitute teachers can keep a good handle on them. I am resentful that I moved to this area and wished I had paid more attention to the neighborhood school!

Last modified Normandy Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.