1,234 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Disagree

I haven't seen hardly any signs of leadership at this school. it's more like they are treating as their slaves or robots then leaders. i don't feel like a leader there. When I go there it's just listening to what you have to do and then do the work. I feel like a prisoner. I love learning. School is supposed to be about learning. I'm not learning anything. I'm just being assigned work. And I thought grades were supposed to represent how smart you are or how much you were learning. All I'm seeing is that our grades represent how much work we are getting done i our classes. It's not about seeing how much I'm learning. It's about seeing if I could get the work done. And I don't think that's right. I'm not just talking about Wolfson though. I'm talking about the majority of schools.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

They give a ton of work , give more work than they actually teach anything. But they also work very hard and give you help , advice and tutoring when you need it.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Complicated and way too much in my opinion,but it's probably just my fault for choosing to go to an advanced school and join the IB program knowing I am a procrastinator.

I am a Freshman at this school and so far in my opinion , the teachers are good and hard working , the students and the staff. I like the IB program and how this school prepares you for college , but I don't really feel like this school is doing anything good for me but loading me up with tons of schoolwork , that in my opinion is unnecessary. I don't see how it will help me in the future if I'm planning on becoming a movie editor. But other than that, the teachers help those who need it , as well as the staff and I feel that the kids there get along pretty well except for a few issues or arguments here and there. If you are a procrastinator like me or you just plain don't like doing any schoolwork , you'll have a very hard time at this school like I am having right now. I'm typing this review right now while I'm suppose to be writing 4 essays,2 science projects,art project, 3+ reading assignments and more, all due before the end of this week. But this is all my fault for being a procrastinator.The way this school affects you all depends on what kind of person you are.

Being a former Alumni student c/o 14 my overall experience with the staff, faculty, and etc. Were pleasant. Many opportunities and club's to get you ready for college. The courses here were well taught out and discipline was in full effect. I never regret my enrollment here I have learned a lot from this school about how life and college is going to be like. Glad they prepared me. This school doesn't shield you from The world but teaches you of the world due to it's diverse people it contains from the bad to the good. The worst to the Best. Do your best and you will get what you've earned these teachers do not tolerate the reluctant students they tolerate the people that want to learn. And that's how the real world is. Thanks WOLFSON!!

I attended Wolfson my junior year in 2012, but chose to finish high school elsewhere. I didn't feel challenged enough academically at Wolfson. Although I felt like most of my teachers taught me well; a few were downright terrible. I remember one of my teachers not grading any of my work until right before the semester ended; she was scrambling to get everyone's work graded! With students attending from all over the city, Wolfson was very diverse. A large percentage of the students were foreign. However, the downfall of this was that the students hung out in cliques/with their own demographics, so it was hard at first to make friends. Wolfson had some really creative/intelligent students. One thing I noticed was that I never had seen anyone being bullied at Wolfson; but of course I ve seen plenty of fights here. I never had any problems with guidance. Students in the finance academy operated a VyStar bank branch, so you could withdraw/deposit money during lunch! While Wolfson was nowhere near perfect when I attended, I think Wolfson is great if you hang with the right crowd and apply yourself.

Well almost a month into the year and my son loves it!! Teachers are great and very helpful. I have rerad some things on here that really sccared me about this school but I've got to say maybe some of you just need to look at your kids and how you parent them maybe some of the isuess you complain about wouldn't have happened. If you have a prob with this school its more than likely its because the school won't put up with your unruly child and they are there to teach not babysit.

This is my sons first year at wolfson and he hates it. I tried to convince him that it might not be so bad of a school, but I'm seeing otherwise. The school is ghetto, some of the students needs discipline, the teachers are very hard on the students. My son wasn't in school two weeks and he started receiving F's. He's always excelled in other Schools. I'm really worried for him.

Wolfson is the worst school that I have ever had to deal with. My grandson's guidance counselor would not return my phone calls. It was only after I said that I would come to Wolfson and sit and wait until she would talk with me that I got her on the phone. There is no discipline and the teachers can not teach their classes for the disruption of certain groups. When these certain people are sent to the office, they just return the next day back to class. Those who want to learn can not because of the lack of respect from certain groups and the fact the hands of the teachers are tied to do anything with them. In my day this would not be tolerated and respect was expected by all. I am so glad that my grandson is out of this school. I feel sorry for those left and their parents.

I came here last year (10-11) from VA, and this school was a big change, however I like it. The school isn't really a bad school, but by no means is it a good school either. I've heard A LOT worse about the other high schools in Jax. I've heard on several occasions that the school has improved academically and disciplinary. With that being said, I still feel like I'm not getting challenged enough academically. Most of my teachers care about the students, the others not so much. Teachers seemed burnt out and somewhat scared to discipline their students, I would be too though. The administration and security are a joke. At first, they only enforced the rules when the school board officials are here. They are tightening down a lot though. Honestly, like any other teenager, I've grown accustom to the enjoy the "freedom" of doing what I please. I love the diverse student body. Overall I give Wolfson a 3/5. Proud to be part of the Wolfpack.

Last modified Samuel W. Wolfson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.