Posted April 03, 2014
I attended Wolfson my junior year in 2012, but chose to finish high school elsewhere. I didn't feel challenged enough academically at Wolfson. Although I felt like most of my teachers taught me well; a few were downright terrible. I remember one of my teachers not grading any of my work until right before the semester ended; she was scrambling to get everyone's work graded! With students attending from all over the city, Wolfson was very diverse. A large percentage of the students were foreign. However, the downfall of this was that the students hung out in cliques/with their own demographics, so it was hard at first to make friends. Wolfson had some really creative/intelligent students. One thing I noticed was that I never had seen anyone being bullied at Wolfson; but of course I ve seen plenty of fights here. I never had any problems with guidance. Students in the finance academy operated a VyStar bank branch, so you could withdraw/deposit money during lunch! While Wolfson was nowhere near perfect when I attended, I think Wolfson is great if you hang with the right crowd and apply yourself.

Samuel W. Wolfson High School 5

Posted September 09, 2013
Well almost a month into the year and my son loves it!! Teachers are great and very helpful. I have rerad some things on here that really sccared me about this school but I've got to say maybe some of you just need to look at your kids and how you parent them maybe some of the isuess you complain about wouldn't have happened. If you have a prob with this school its more than likely its because the school won't put up with your unruly child and they are there to teach not babysit.

Samuel W. Wolfson High School 2

Posted September 10, 2012
This is my sons first year at wolfson and he hates it. I tried to convince him that it might not be so bad of a school, but I'm seeing otherwise. The school is ghetto, some of the students needs discipline, the teachers are very hard on the students. My son wasn't in school two weeks and he started receiving F's. He's always excelled in other Schools. I'm really worried for him.

Samuel W. Wolfson High School 1

Posted June 06, 2012
Wolfson is the worst school that I have ever had to deal with. My grandson's guidance counselor would not return my phone calls. It was only after I said that I would come to Wolfson and sit and wait until she would talk with me that I got her on the phone. There is no discipline and the teachers can not teach their classes for the disruption of certain groups. When these certain people are sent to the office, they just return the next day back to class. Those who want to learn can not because of the lack of respect from certain groups and the fact the hands of the teachers are tied to do anything with them. In my day this would not be tolerated and respect was expected by all. I am so glad that my grandson is out of this school. I feel sorry for those left and their parents.

Posted March 27, 2012
I came here last year (10-11) from VA, and this school was a big change, however I like it. The school isn't really a bad school, but by no means is it a good school either. I've heard A LOT worse about the other high schools in Jax. I've heard on several occasions that the school has improved academically and disciplinary. With that being said, I still feel like I'm not getting challenged enough academically. Most of my teachers care about the students, the others not so much. Teachers seemed burnt out and somewhat scared to discipline their students, I would be too though. The administration and security are a joke. At first, they only enforced the rules when the school board officials are here. They are tightening down a lot though. Honestly, like any other teenager, I've grown accustom to the enjoy the "freedom" of doing what I please. I love the diverse student body. Overall I give Wolfson a 3/5. Proud to be part of the Wolfpack.

Samuel W. Wolfson High School 5

Posted February 12, 2012
this school is amazing! the staff is very friendly, the foreigners are also friendly. i am in here as a freshman and i hope to be here for 3 and a half more!

Samuel W. Wolfson High School 4

Posted December 07, 2011
I attended Wolfson for a short period of time. I graduated in three years and I will admit there are some teachers that don't give a care about how the students do, but there are a lot of them that if the student shows that they are trying they will help. You have to help yourself before others can help. I had an amazing Dean that I had from freshman year till I graduated, he followed me from Forrest or so I'd like to say. He is very dedicated to the students he makes sure the kids are on track as best he can and tries to get them to see that in life they will need everything

Samuel W. Wolfson High School 1

Posted December 07, 2010
Every time I try and get information in regards to my daughter no one ever can give me an answer but when i walk in the school they want to give u a had time and give on top still give me the run around.. this is is the worst in support for the students and parents .. my daughter will not be going to this school next and i would NEVER recommend any ones child to this school..

Posted November 08, 2010
This school was going steady downhill with Mr. Gracy, but with Dr. Gardner here, I'm seeing an improvement. Almost ALL of the high schools in Duval County seem to have issues. First look at the students the schools are dealing with before grilling the schools for students issues (being disrepectful, skipping, smoking, etc.).

Samuel W. Wolfson High School 2

Posted September 28, 2010
WOW I so agree with this parent. I was trying to schedule a parent teacher Conference, however none of the teachers nor guidance personal would call you back. Its very sad when you have to contact the principle to set up an parent teacher conference.

Samuel W. Wolfson High School
7000 Powers Avenue, Jacksonville, FL  32217
Last modified Samuel W. Wolfson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Samuel W. Wolfson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top