655 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Merrill Road Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 26, 2015
This school prides itself with an amazing beginning for all children from preschool to 2nd grade. The teachers here love what they do and there is a warm and family environment. Parents are welcome and valued at Merrill Road Elementary and children are able to learn and grow.

Merrill Road Elementary School 4

Posted June 25, 2014
Merrill Road has been a wonderful place and allowed my daughter to grow into a great student! Her kindergarten teacher worked with us and was very good with communication. I love the security, everyone in the front office is great, after school care is awesome. They make you feel welcome and like you and your child matter! We look forward to this upcoming year! She has learned so much already.

Posted April 17, 2014
My school is awesome. Great teachers, staff and administration. You will feel comfortable and excited that your child is getting a quality education and experience.

Posted March 25, 2014
Dear "A Parent," Please contact me personally at the school so that I can address your posted concerns. We most definitely pride ourselves on the child-centered environment we create, and it seems that this has not been your experience. I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and ensure your concerns are addressed immediately. Sincerely, Jennifer Gray, Principal (904) 745-4919

Merrill Road Elementary School 3

Posted March 24, 2014
Are you seeking a school that emphasizes creative inquiry and builds critical thinking skills, generating true enthusiasm in students? So am I...sadly Merrill Road is not it. Good aspects include tight security (lots of gates and locks), and a caring attitude toward children by most staff. Low points include requiring students to march around "mustang fashion" and ladies in the lunchroom that yell at kids to be quiet. Good preparation for standardized testing! Yippee! My son loved his preschool but hates it at Merrill Road. We are looking for other options.

Posted February 20, 2014
As one who knows Ms. Gray well and shares her passion for excellence in education, I can't imagine her not taking a classroom or learning issue seriously. Rarely have I seen a person with such a passion for education and well-being of students. Also, I have to question the legitimacy of the post made on 2/26/2014 as the observations documented would be extremely unusual for a typical parent to observe unless they were at the school on an ongoing basis, during school hours to see firsthand how the people mentioned function and perform their roles. How would a typical parent know that for the school counselor, you 'never see her outside of her office'? Or that the Assistant Principal functions as a 'warden'? Your posts reveals that you work at the school (or did) and/or you re unhappy with the outcome of a situation. If you had a problem with the school and did not get the outcome you expected, then I encourage you to contact Ms. Gray directly, but please be honest about your intentions, observations and experiences. Making unfounded generalizations doesn t help anyone. .

Merrill Road Elementary School 1

Posted February 19, 2014
Merrill Road Elementary was not "a good place to grow" for my child. My child attended MRE for K-2. I gave a one star only because my child had one outstanding classroom teacher at MRE during that time.. There are some other very outstanding teachers at MRE but they are over shadowed by a principal who does not address any issues. She leaves parents and teachers to deal with the problems. She gives the teacher(s) the key at the beginning of the year. IF you are lucky enough to get a good teacher then you should have no problems. IF NOT don't look for any help through the principal. She is an ineffective leader. The vice principal, aka, warden is just that. Any problem is, even if it isn't, is dealt with as a behavioral problem. The guidance counselor is equally disappointing.You will never see her outside of her office. My child is currently receiving services in a new school that was facilitated by the new school counselor. My child lost an entire academic year in reading because of a very unqualified teacher. I complained but nothing was done. MRE is overcrowded. I wonder if some of these students are actually "from the neighborhood."

Merrill Road Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2013
My child's experience at kindergarten level was great - due to the teacher. First grade level was ok. I initially had concerns about 3rd grade teachers, noticing their behavior here and there. My instinct was correct. Teachers were unmotivated, disorganised, and unprofessional. There was a severe lack of communication. It was not until I received my child's report card that I knew grades were falling. There had been less and less parental involvement at the school it seemed. And as you looked around the staff appeared unhappy. My child hated this school and cried about it.

Posted August 31, 2011
A wonderful school for both of my daughters. The staff all around is kind. The teachers are fantastic. My youngest attended thier Pre-K ESE program for two years and is now fully intergrated. She now attends first grade. Thanks to all the hard work of her Teacher Mrs. George and her fabulous teacher assistants...and the amazing Speech Therapy staff. The school as a whole, offers a family atmosphere. Both of my daughters adore thier school, as do my husband and I.

Merrill Road Elementary School 2

Posted August 30, 2011
This school was ok. Overcrowded, and teachers had too many kids. Nothing exceptional about it. Very average. My child was bullied a lot. Not impressed!

Merrill Road Elementary School
8239 Merrill Road, Jacksonville, FL  32277
Last modified Merrill Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Merrill Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top