655 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Really... Kindergarden...*sigh* I wish we were like Finland. NO homework. It's working for Finland it can work here too.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Excellent behavior is encouraged, poor choices are discouraged at every opportunity. This along with the easy to learn behavior (conduct) scores help parents reinforce good choices.

I have full support fixing all academic and behavior issues, this allows my student to learn and grow.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has a school wide character education program for students to understand every day expectations for inside and outside of the educational environment. With our parents support , the students will do their best to show great school behavior.

Merrill Elementary is a well rounded pre-k through second school that offers the highest educational setting. All students are treated with the up most respect and professionalism to enhance them to perform with high expectations.

Merrill Road has been a wonderful place and allowed my daughter to grow into a great student! Her kindergarten teacher worked with us and was very good with communication. I love the security, everyone in the front office is great, after school care is awesome. They make you feel welcome and like you and your child matter! We look forward to this upcoming year! She has learned so much already.

My school is awesome. Great teachers, staff and administration. You will feel comfortable and excited that your child is getting a quality education and experience.

Dear "A Parent," Please contact me personally at the school so that I can address your posted concerns. We most definitely pride ourselves on the child-centered environment we create, and it seems that this has not been your experience. I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and ensure your concerns are addressed immediately. Sincerely, Jennifer Gray, Principal (904) 745-4919

Are you seeking a school that emphasizes creative inquiry and builds critical thinking skills, generating true enthusiasm in students? So am I...sadly Merrill Road is not it. Good aspects include tight security (lots of gates and locks), and a caring attitude toward children by most staff. Low points include requiring students to march around "mustang fashion" and ladies in the lunchroom that yell at kids to be quiet. Good preparation for standardized testing! Yippee! My son loved his preschool but hates it at Merrill Road. We are looking for other options.

As one who knows Ms. Gray well and shares her passion for excellence in education, I can't imagine her not taking a classroom or learning issue seriously. Rarely have I seen a person with such a passion for education and well-being of students. Also, I have to question the legitimacy of the post made on 2/26/2014 as the observations documented would be extremely unusual for a typical parent to observe unless they were at the school on an ongoing basis, during school hours to see firsthand how the people mentioned function and perform their roles. How would a typical parent know that for the school counselor, you 'never see her outside of her office'? Or that the Assistant Principal functions as a 'warden'? Your posts reveals that you work at the school (or did) and/or you re unhappy with the outcome of a situation. If you had a problem with the school and did not get the outcome you expected, then I encourage you to contact Ms. Gray directly, but please be honest about your intentions, observations and experiences. Making unfounded generalizations doesn t help anyone. .

Last modified Merrill Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2