1,040 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Posted November 20, 2014
My daughter has been bullied since the beginning of the school year. Nothing has been done for her. I've pushed and fought and have gotten no where. I'm told it will be handled by the code of conduct.. obviously they don't have one of those. The techers push her away instead of helping her by telling her to "suck it up". She is EIGHT And scared. They do not commicate any of the daily issues my child deals with, my child tells me. It's a teachers job to protect and comfort my child when I can not. (I'm aware they have many children) I'm VERY disappointed with this school and how they handle things. If we are zoned for this school next year, I WILL drive my kids some where else.

Posted October 02, 2014
My daughter is in the Dual Language program at Beauclerc and I am very happy with it. Currently she is in 2nd grade and has been at this school since Kindergarten. I have no intentions of moving her to another school.

Posted August 07, 2014
My son is entering his third year at Beauclerc and we love it. In fact we moved to be closer to the school after his first year. He's in the optional Dual-Language program so he's learning to read and write in Spanish in addition to English. He's making amazing progress and is always happy to go to school. Many days it's hard to tear him away from the Extended Day program.

Posted April 23, 2014
i can't wait to get mt daughter out of this school and into a charter school!

Posted November 03, 2013
I am so glad that I decided to put my child in the dual language program at Beauclerc last year. By the end of kindergarten she was already reading and writing on grade level in Spanish! The dual language teachers are so caring, passionate and devoted to their students. I love that the dual language program creates its own smaller community within the school! Also, the new art teacher this year is amazing!!

Posted June 26, 2013
Very disappointed in this school, my child was in the dual language program this year and had an over all horrible experience the first half of the school year, his teacher thought it was appropriate to rip up papers that the children did not do correctly. We teach our children better manners and not to bully other children what happens when teachers bully our children?? My child had a severe lack of confidence, crying a lot and an overall lack of interest (depressed if you will) . I had no idea what was going on until I hear that the teacher was basically humiliating children in front of there classmates. Needless to say I pulled my child from that class when I found out the teaching style of this individual and my child soared through the rest of the year and I'm happy to say has his self confidence back as well as a new outlook on school!! If you read this and you know how you are you should be ashamed of yourself, if you don't like your job step a side and let other teachers that want to teach our children have a chance...

Posted October 28, 2010
I thought this was a great school...I was wrong. I am not too sure the faculty cares for the students. What I have seen thus far is inconsistancy of the expectation from the student, lack of genuine care for the progress of the student, and overall lack of self discipline from the teachers. Is it right for a teacher to say shut-up to a child under any circumstances? What about to the extent of taping a childs feet to the floor with duck-tape because he is hyper-active...what about taking the children outside and having recess once a day for an energy release so that the children may concentrate better. Since when does a teacher decide to have recess inside the classroom everyday because it's too hot for the "teachers" to go outside? mmh...I wonder to whose benifit it is to stay inside all the time. Would I recommend this school? "NO"

Posted October 20, 2010
This school has been great to both my daughter and my son. Not only do the teachers become very involved, but the assistants make a huge difference as well. Hartless/Gibbons/Peck will forever be someone my daughter looks up to. The things that parents try to teach their children at home sometimes get blown off, well because we are the parents :), have been taught here at this school and it means the world to a lot of parents. Thank you everyone on staff because everyday you make a difference in a lot of lives. Kudos to all of you.

Posted August 05, 2009
My son is going into 1st grade. He started his school experience with a great teacher ( Queen Hicks ) He wants to take her with him every year. I hope his 1st grade teacher is as great as his Kindergarten teacher. We will miss Queen Hicks!!!

Posted May 31, 2009
My son is finishing his last year at Beauclerc. He started with a wonderful kindergarten experience (Queen Hicks) and ended with a wonderful 5th grade experience (Mr Gibbons & Mrs Whitelaw). 1st grade was rough due to the teacher which messed up his 2nd year too. He rebounded when he got Mrs. Costiloe in the 3rd grade. Overall, Beauclerc is a great school. I HIGHLY recommend the teachers I have mentioned!

Beauclerc Elementary School
4555 Craven Road West, Jacksonville, FL  32257
Last modified Beauclerc Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beauclerc Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top