1,040 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Caring community of educators and students. Lots of programs for children to develop their leadership skills. Check out what's happening daily on facebook and twitter.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We have LOTs --leaders of tomorrow- for 3rd graders Student council for 3rd 4th and 5th

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers plan engaging and rigorous lessons to get students ready for college and career. Daily access to Blended Learning readies our kids for the world we live in. 17 new tablet carts were just put in classrooms October 2016

Our family travels from the Southeast side of town to Beauclerc Elementary School because of the Dual Language Program. Our oldest child, however, attended the English Only program for this school in 5th grade. So we are familiar with both sides. On the English Only side we found our child had excellent educators, was able to transfer child's safety patrol status from previous school, and we felt comfortable with the safety and academic environment. Our family has attended four other DCPS schools and the PTA from this school is simply hands-down the best we have ever encountered. Plenty of opportunity for family environment. Our youngest is in the Dual Lanuage program and has been for three years now. We are very pleased with the child's progress and ability to function academically in both Spanish and English. We've not had a single bad teacher and feel every one from the ladies at the front office to the cafeteria manager are kind and helpful. In fact, our child's first week of kindergarten he was told by a fellow kindergatrener that if child did not move the other child would, and I quote "kill" the child. I contacted the teacher right away as the other kindergartener was in teacher's class and teacher handled the situation right away and further incidents did not continue. AT the beginning of that school year there was a district related shortage of educators that created a lot of hate and discontent for everyone -- from poor little students to parents and teachers. The district held a meeting with all involved as well as Dr Vitti and the honorable Ashley Smith Juarez which helped put everyone at ease. We have not had any major issues since then but feel comfortable being address any with school leadership and district leadership. Both children have been able to participate in the districts gifted student classes. Dr. Mangual was Vice Principal when we first came in and now is the Director for all Dual Language Schools but she was our 1st impression of the school - giving us a tour and sharing our family's passion for raising bi-literate and bilingual children. We are very pleased. Very much worth the drive across town (some days it is a 25 to 30 minute drive ... but there have been some hour hour drive days each way depending on traffic, construction on JTB, etc). Highly recommend!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Absolutely! Child had issue with bullying 1st week of school in kindergarten and teacher took care of issue. Have seen 1st hand both the current Principle Ms Spassoff and the Vice Principle Ms Riquelme deal with bullying quickly, swiftly and effectively.

My daughter has been bullied since the beginning of the school year. Nothing has been done for her. I've pushed and fought and have gotten no where. I'm told it will be handled by the code of conduct.. obviously they don't have one of those. The techers push her away instead of helping her by telling her to "suck it up". She is EIGHT And scared. They do not commicate any of the daily issues my child deals with, my child tells me. It's a teachers job to protect and comfort my child when I can not. (I'm aware they have many children) I'm VERY disappointed with this school and how they handle things. If we are zoned for this school next year, I WILL drive my kids some where else.

My daughter is in the Dual Language program at Beauclerc and I am very happy with it. Currently she is in 2nd grade and has been at this school since Kindergarten. I have no intentions of moving her to another school.

My son is entering his third year at Beauclerc and we love it. In fact we moved to be closer to the school after his first year. He's in the optional Dual-Language program so he's learning to read and write in Spanish in addition to English. He's making amazing progress and is always happy to go to school. Many days it's hard to tear him away from the Extended Day program.

i can't wait to get mt daughter out of this school and into a charter school!

I am so glad that I decided to put my child in the dual language program at Beauclerc last year. By the end of kindergarten she was already reading and writing on grade level in Spanish! The dual language teachers are so caring, passionate and devoted to their students. I love that the dual language program creates its own smaller community within the school! Also, the new art teacher this year is amazing!!

Last modified Beauclerc Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.