Jacksonville, FL

Posted July 31, 2011
My daughter will be attending 1st grade this year, and I am very impressed with this school. Her kindergarten teacher was such a blessing, and my husband and I just had a conference with the principal, who was so sweet, and who we could tell genuinely cares about her students. I love this school!! The people at the front desk are very nice, and will take care of you right away.. Im very pleased, and excited for my baby to start a new year there. A+

Lone Star Elementary School 3

Posted June 15, 2011
My son was a transfer student from another school. I did not like his kindergarten teacher... She was very unorganized and to me seemed like she had NO PATIENCE... Also his end of the year report card said retained and he was not. Hopefully 1st grade will be better, and if so I will update my rating.

Posted August 17, 2010
I love this school,i went here when i was younger and now i have 2 son's that go there and they really enjoy it.The teacher's are excellent very willing to talk to you on anything about your child.The principal is very informative on school activities.All in all i give lone star an A++++++

Posted March 12, 2010
My daughter has been going to Lone Star Elementary since Kindergarten. She absolutely loves it. She didn't have the best experience in Kindergarten, but she learned what she needed to excel to the 1st grade. The extended day program is great. The teachers, staff, and the principal are great. I would recommend this school to any parent that is seeking a better public education for their child.

Posted February 25, 2010
My daughter has been going to this school since Kindergarten. She has had amazing teachers who challenge her. The outcome has been beneficial to her. She has exceeded or at least met expectation in the long run. This school is highly recommended by me. Frances Gonzales, Parent

Posted February 24, 2010
My 3 boys go to Lone Star Elementary. This is a great school with outstanding teachers. All of my children have wonderful, caring teachers who go the extra mile for each one of them.

Posted September 17, 2009
I love this school wonderful teachers....and the pta is great... I give it a 5

Posted August 20, 2009
My daughter has attended Lonestar for two years now and she loves it! Every teacher that I have met seems to be student driven. Thank you Lonestar.

Posted November 25, 2008
This is a great school for your kids. It is fun, safe, and the teachers are wonderful! I am a former student of Lone Star and I recently visited the school. It is still very well kept and they have added some security features as well. I hope that every child will love it as much as i did.

Lone Star Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2008
I have a fourth grader and a kindergartner in this school. In comparison to other public schools in the area that my son attended, this is bt far the best. They have a great extended day program for the children and above average extracurricular activities. The teachers seem genuinely concerned for each student, and as mentioned by another parents here, the longevity of the staff is impressive. The playground equipment is above average and the campus is well kept and situated. The only disappointment is that on their website, they advertise a nature trail...(they are situated next to a preserve) the students have yet to utilize. There are nacho, sundae and pizza parties in extended day, various days where they bring out water bouncies/moon bounces. The staff promote an environment of citizenship and reward those students who exhibit such traits. I appreciate the shirt tucked, belt on dress code policy.

10400 Lone Star Road, Jacksonville, FL  32225
Last modified Lone Star Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lone Star Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top