Jacksonville, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 12, 2014
The minimal feedback is a direct reflection of the amount of parent involvement at this school. So much potential, but just average in most respects. Most Title I schools w/out a magnet program have frustrated & jaded teachers, FCE is not very different. PROS: Lots of resources, reading coaches, every day children go to a different resource including Spanish. Principal hasn't given up. Mr. B is one of the friendliest and most positive people in the building. CONS: This school serves a community that drives some of the nicer neighborhoods zoned for this school to charter, magnet, and just "anywhere but here" schools. High needs students are immersed with traditional students, (I believe this is a mandate) serving as a distraction to the whole class. No PTA or alternative, & the Booster Club is a myth at this point. Perpetually grumpy teachers can be heard yelling at students in disrespectful tones. The staff in the multipurpose room at the end of the day is the worst! I m talking DMV mean.

Posted September 17, 2013
We love this school. My children's teachers really care about them and take an interest in both their academics and social well being. My boys are having a great time and learning a lot. The environment is friendly and welcoming.

Posted September 15, 2012
This is our first year. My son started Kindergarten. So far we really like it and feel like we got a great teacher. The school on the outside is not much to look at but everybody seems really nice and really into making sure your child gets the best education they can. My sons teacher communicates with me everyday and I think its wonderful. I have no issues with the Principal like another poster. I have always found him to be nice and he greets everybody first thing in the morning. I've signed up to volunteer and help my sons teacher and I'm excited to be apart and help out. I think its going to be a great school year!

Posted September 09, 2012
I have 4 children that have or are currently attending "The Fort" for the past 10 years. The teachers are awesome! the downfall is we have been through 3 principals. The current one we are not to fond of. Change can be a good thing, but not in this case. We have lost several wonderful teachers this school year (I'm pretty sure because of our change in principals). Parent involvement is not as good as it was compaired to a few years ago either. More and more parents think school is a built in community daycare. Because of the great teachers that are still there we still love "The Fort"! Principals come and go......some don't go soon enough! Thank you Mrs. Shannonhouse, Mrs. Davis, Mrs.Smith, Ms. Valentine, Ms. McNealy, Mr. James, Mr. Simmons, Mrs. Shore, Mrs. Fredrick and the rest of the Fort teachers! Thank you for preparing my kids for the future!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 20, 2011
i just started this school this year and i have to children in this school. (one in second grade and one in k). i was very scared in going to this school because of what it looks like on the out side, but when there started school i changed my mind. i can not believe how much they truly teach the kids. the teachers are great. the only problem i have withe the school is how they deal with problem kids. some kid in the school it my son in the face in class. and when i told the teacher and the principal. and they told me in my face they would take care of it. but my son said nothing ever happened. so i went back up there 3 more time and still nothing. my son felt very slighted. the teachers teach the kids great but i think they don't deal with problems well. my little girl has Mrs. Johnson, we lover her. i would tell any parent to try and get her.

Fort Caroline Elementary School 5

Posted July 14, 2009

Fort Caroline Elementary School 0

Posted August 06, 2008
I am very concerned now qabout having my kids at the Fort. My daughter is finishing up her last year in Elementary school here and has been at this school since kindergarten. Since she started at this school, this is the first year it wasn't an A school. I have bragged about how wonderful the teachers and the principal were, but with all the changes last school year, I can't help but feel really nervous and hope my daughter gets to reach her full potential this year so she is prepared for middle school.

Posted July 30, 2008
I have been dealing with 'The Fort' for the last 8 years now. My oldest is now is 7th grade, but did k-5th at the fort. I still have 3 children at 'The Fort', though I do know that this school is better than a lot of other public schools I am not as happy as I have been in past years. It seems that the new principal has made a lot of changes and to be honest two of my children (3rd and 5th) do not like her to much. They have both told me that she is only nice when parents are around. The kids also do not have enough extra activites anymore (like art, music, outside play, etc.), these changes where just made in the 07-08 school year. It seems some of the more mature teachers/aides do not really enjoy there jobs anymore and it shows. (Crumley)

Posted March 25, 2008
I have three children at this school and after having dealt with this school for a while now, i feel that overall it is one of the better schools but the academics and instruction of core subjects has seriously gone done in the last several years. Many say it is because there are many minorities at the school but I feel that it is simply a lack of 'real' teaching. The language arts are rarely taught and little to no instruction in grammar is given either. Most of the curriclulum is based on what will be seen on the FCAT exam. While there are so many standards being taught why is it that no tangible improvement is seen in the students' performance? A very concerned parent....

Fort Caroline Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2007

Fort Caroline Elementary School
3925 Athore Drive, Jacksonville, FL  32277
Last modified Fort Caroline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Caroline Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top