421 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child is attending Arlington Height Elementary. Its half way through the year and i feel like nothing has been accomplished. My son is in Kindergarten and is failing. I have reach out several times to his to teacher who will not talk to me unless we have a meeting. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone if your child learns outside of the box The only person who has really showed any interest in my child is the Assistant Principal.

This is a wonderful school. All three of my duaghters went there. They learned Enlgish as a second language perfectly. Their teachers were great too, and the staff .I wish my youngest duaghter had finished her elementary school here.

Great teachers who care about their kids!! An A+ school!

I love this school!! They have been so helpful with my son. Ms. McCray is great! She is firm yet caring and that combination equals an awesome learning environment. This school unlike other schools is ready to provide the meds just incase my son has a seizure. they didnt treat my son like an outsider because of his condition(epilepsy). Believe it or not other schools told me to find a "smaller" school because his seizures might scare the other kids!! I love this school...

The staff and teachers are very helpful and I have never had a problem with this school out of the last 3 years. I have two daughter attend there and after being at two other elementary schools this one is the best. I would however like to see more parents participate. My daughter just said that the counselor is perfect.

Not sure about the poster below who said the school cannot handle ese children. In my experience they do a fine job! I don't know what learning disabilty lsd is, but I've seen first hand how wonderful the teachers and staff are. There is,however, virtually no parent involvement. Very hard to succeed when it is so one sided.

Schools are not the 'be all end all' for education and growth of children. Time in school is very small compared with time at home or in child care. I have had reason to spend a lot of time at Arlington Heights Ele. From the first time I walked in the door, I saw a special school. Students are from all over the world, teachers are excellent. I do wish parents had more time to volunteer, even a little bit at AHE. As mom of an ADHD boy, if I had not gotten help outside of school, he would not be the hard-working, caring person he is. Parents have to have the best interest of their children. Medication is fine, but therapy, meds AND loving parents are the ticket. Help your child, read. Most people in education are there for good The AHE staff seem to really care.

The staff at this school can not handle ese or lsd kids at all so if your child is ADHD or ODD or ocd do not send you child here. They will kill their self esteem.

My daughter attended Kernan last year in 8th grade.I only wish she would have attended this school the entire middle school years. The school is divided into smaller areas each with it's own administration. It makes it more quaint. The teachers care about their students. My daughter, an ESE student was understood by her teachers and cared for in her own special way, thus helping my daughter to love attending her classes. They offered her special study times to come in and get extra help. They were in tune with parents needs. Kudos to Kernan, we will miss you!

Last modified Arlington Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.