1,417 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
I agree with but this statement, but only in the spirit of fairness because the fact is that this school teaches students these qualities by forcing them in a situation that gets them ready for an adulthood full of prejudice and greed in which they will have to fight to survive.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 04, 2016
Students are hurded like cattle from class to class during school. And this causes multiple fights a day I don't see any way in which that inspires or teaches empathy and caring.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 04, 2016
The staff at Nathan Bedford Forrest in my experience there couldn't even manage to teach what was on the curriculum nevermind snything beyond that.

Nathan B. Forrest High School 4

Posted June 18, 2014
My school has changed around a lot, they've worked so hard to where their at. If you want a student to make friends, it's a little tough at this school, especially if you come in your 10th grade year. The English and biology teachers are really nice and they make sure the student understands what their doing the math department is good butnot fantastic. The elective classes are fun. We have Spanish, French, gym, rotc, computer, culinary, etc. Our school is really big on talking about sports, mainly the guys. If you want a way to make friends sports is the answer. We have football, really good soccer teams, amazing bowling team, basketball, softball, and a great baseball team, etc. There are plenty of clubs and recently drama club was addedand more

Nathan B. Forrest High School 5

Posted March 01, 2014
This a great place to send your son or daughter. The administration and staff is great. They care about ALL students and they are willing to listen to parents and students concerns. I can say the principal Dr. Bostic supports the students in academic and in extracurricular activities and organizations. I have seen him at every football game and basketball game (home and always). We as parents cannot always blame the school for every thing, we have to support the school more. GREAT PLACE and I Love the school. Dr. Bostic keep us informed by communicating to us by the phone message...I look forward to receiving his messages. The is orderly and structure.....Please keep up the great work!

Posted October 27, 2013
This is the worst racially profiled school that will not bother to help out troubled youth at all! Rather kick the youth out of school or lock them up based on their own opinions! I believe they should pink slip all the administration and start over with non-bias individuals who are willing to help everyone have a fare chance for fundamentals of learning. The school has cameras for protection , but when you need them they do not work or the system is down!! I suggest if your child has to go to school here , for you to go to the School Board and get a Special Assignment to anywhere else. Just my thoughts.

Posted January 14, 2013
i am a student here at Forrest and this school sucks. It is terrible. We have WAY to many fights in one day. plus we get racial comment on the white kids, or Mexican. i am white & Mexican mixed. Plus the teachers are not putting their foot down when it comes to the students. They walk all over the teachers like they are nothing. plus the classes here are to easy. i am in advanced and they are below the level they need to be. and they have something new.. they mix the ESE kids with standard now. the teachers have to take out their time to calm them down and help them

Nathan B. Forrest High School 5

Posted September 10, 2012
My son graduated from Nathan B Forrest last year. I have to say since Dr Brennan took on this school I have seen a great improvement in structure and discipline within the staff as well as the students conduct. He has been a great asset to this school and I commend him for his dedication for his unwavering fight to save these kids,including mine. It took some initiative on my part as a parent, yes a lot of initiative,but I must say it was worth every minute of my time. Thanks Dr Brennan & Staff for being there for me and my son and making a difference.

Posted September 07, 2012
THIS SCHOOL WAS DEFINITELY MY WORST HIGHSCHOOL EXPERIENCE. School just started and already I can tell I'm not going to last here. All of the faculty and staff are rude and disrespectful. It is super unfair here and they refuse to compromise. This school all together will set you to failure because all the staff are worried about all day is what you are wearing. Form fitting clothes not welcomed but skinny jeans EVERYWHERE... Oh! The classes are boring and below average level. They take phones even if you are not on them and keep them as their own. They don't follow the code of conduct , they add their own ridiculous remix. Their focus is not on learning all they do is invade everyone's privacy and try to run each student against our will. Your classes will be all over the place and they expect you to be their in a jiffy. I'm a honor student and I actually care about my future although attending forrest is constantly messing up my record. I've gotten tardies even though one foot was in the classroom, issp for a skirt that was finger length, and my phone was confiscated for falling to the ground.. I can't wait to transfer to Stanton College Prep very soon thats a school to aim for !

Posted July 23, 2011
This school is shameful!! Not only is it located in a prime drug activity area, it is very unpoliced!! Oh they put on the face that they care, but it is clear by the thug mentality of the students and gangs that attend, that there is nooo education available. I was on the newly drawn boundaries and was required to move my son from Orange Park High School, to this cesspool of a so called school!! Oh his grades went up...only because there is no bell curve at Forrest. It is definitely flat-line!! I will be looking to enroll my son else where as I know he will only suffer going to this place. Maybe if they spent more time getting students to follow the rules...like pulling pants up instead of running a thug fashion show there, some learning would happen. All staff is rude, and you can see they don't really care!! Guess when the doors close on this failing, shameful school...they will care as they will be out of a job!!

5530 Firestone Road, Jacksonville, FL  32244
Last modified Nathan B. Forrest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.