815 students|Duval

Bad
Good

We are new here to Jacksonville and this was the middle school for our two 7th grade girls. The students here are a handful, but the teachers and the PRINCIPAL MR. Simons are amazing. Its a shame that he is the most concerned and dedicated principle my husband and I have ever met but the students make it hard for good students like my children to learn. He can only do so much. He is one person handling every issue we have ever brought to his attention. The bullying and the language this students use is terrible. Our girls are having a ruff time this year for the first time in our life's.

I really like this school. The teachers are dedicated to the childrens' success. My son has done really well since attending this school. Their after school tutoring is very helpful. Their stress free and focused environment for FCAT is great. I really like this school.

Uumm Highlands is cool once you get use to the kids there u will see how much fun learning u will be having...

This is my daughters 3rd year at Highlands. My experience has been that the faculty - for the most part - is good. As a parent, you do however, need to be involved in your childs education. Speak with the teachers, get to know them so they will call you at the first sign of trouble or your child getting in with and behaving like a group of other children the child has not been brought up like. There are several well behaved children and several out of control (cursing, sexually active, disrespectful) children. Children know how to act the way theyve been brought up when at home around their parents. But if there is someone watching out for your child to let you know what theyre doing when theyre not around their parents, its a huge benefit. Involvement is the key.

im a parent with a child at this school and 3 others have attended this school, i thought it was a great school until i had the chance to work there and man was i wrong. its not the school its the leadership that the school is under. too much inside drama. the principal is a real drama queen....all the time.

I think that Highland middle is an okay school. i believe a lot of good things are in place, but there are a few problems that make it difficult. I think the majority of the students and parents are wonderful and have great potential. Occasionally, we get some really bad apples that change the teaching environment. I think, the teachers try but sometimes feel the pressure to behave in ways that would not be acceptable elsewhere or at least that is how I feel. There are some area in the community's culture which are encorporated in the school. This culture flaw is not good. However, I love my students, I love they subject, I love my administrators and most of my co-workers. I still think Highlands has a lot of potential. I believe it is capable of becoming a great school.

higlands is a good school for all types of people who are willing to learn but the only thing u have to do is dont be 2faced to your peers and that will be the best school in duval county

this school is the worst of the worst and should be closed besides the pest problem the teachers dont take there roles seriously

I was very disappointed in the overall performance of Highlands Middle School and teachers.This is an school that i will not recommend to any military family relocating to this area.

This is a great school. In where my kid gave his best shot to show lot of talents, because the school were cotinuously encouraging students to study hard and to join some extra curricular activities that can give him inpirations while doing their study at school and at home....You can hear mostly good comments from him, and you can fel that he wants this school very much thru his entire middle school years....Thanks for all the patience and by giving him good comments... As a parents, we will continuously monitor his progress reports and help him to maintain his good attitude towards his entire school years...More power to Highlands Middle School !

Last modified Highlands Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.