Jacksonville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,047

Posted October 09, 2010
I am a freshman at Peterson and I must say I am very impressed. The first quarter is where they weave out the kids who don't needs to be there. I like that the class sizes are small. This gives mor one on one time with teachers and students. My regular school has a max of 32 kids while at Peterson there's a max of 20. A big difference. I'm in the culinary arts academy and it is by far the toughest academy there! My chefs are extremely strict and screw ups are not tolerated. It cost $100 which pays for ur chef uniform and ur safe staff training. U will go to working in the on campus restaurant in about ur second month in the school. U strt off as a waiter and work ur way up. It is a full servise restaurant under the NRA. Plus it's award winning!

Frank H. Peterson Academies 4

Posted December 09, 2009
My child is a sophomore at FHP asside from having to play sports at his home school and a few transporation issues I have been very pleased with his time at this.

Posted September 24, 2009

Posted August 14, 2009
My daughter is an Alumni from this school and is now a full time college student. But her professors are astonished at her age when asked. I know this is because of the many opportunities she recieved at Frank H Peterson while in attendance. I've gotten numerous calls of praise from her proffessors about her knowledge in the graphics department. While in High School she recieved enough credit hours in her elective to be only a few classes away from an AA in Graphic Design. She went to other states for competitions and made many business connections that will put her through any school she chooses. Her teacher Mr. Fuller gave her so much knowledge about her field that she is teach college students how to run an office. She went to mentoring programs and events that have given my daughter people skills as well as confidence in her own achievements.

Posted July 16, 2009
I went from 2000-2004. I wasn't stellar in my academics, graduating with a 2.3, but I loved the television production program. Teens across the nation would kill for the opportunities I had. Since then, I have worked for Clear Channel (which is the FOX and CBS Networks), HBO, The Jacksonville Film Festival and done some Promo work for the Army National Guard...I'm 23. This school helped me launch my career, but I had to do it - I had to want it. Sending your kid to the 'best school' is not instant success. You are successful based on your own effort. I have recieved a full-ride offer for my bachelor degree, now I am now picking out graduate schools to apply to because I have recieved another full-ride scholarship to cover it... But what does a C student know - right? See you in the movies :)

Posted July 09, 2009

Posted June 15, 2009

Frank H. Peterson Academies 4

Posted March 25, 2009
As a 11th grade student bat frank h. peterson it is very fun. in the morning i use to not want to get up and go to school but here they make it fun so you want to get up and see whats new and fun.

Posted September 07, 2008
I am most proud of saying that with in my school, Frank H. Peterson Academies of Technology, there are loots of helpful and caring adults that treats you as professionals. For when a student attends FHP, they are thought with the fundamentals and principles of there chosen vocations. Sure there are teachers that doesn't care much about how a student progresses, but here in FHP there are only a few of them left. As our principal is doing all he can to see to making FHP much better, and although FHP doesn't have a lot of sports to offer, we do have SkillsUSA as an alternative. What is SkillsUSA? Well, SkillsUSA (previously called VICA) is a partnership of students, teachers, and industry representatives working together to insure America has a skilled workforce. The only thing that FHP needs to working is to expand their academies.

Posted July 24, 2008
With the Ap program and the college credits. Pushing the core classes the first two years opens the students up for advanced studies in their specific career, its great...

Frank H. Peterson Academies
7450 Wilson Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32210
Last modified Frank H. Peterson Academies is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank H. Peterson Academies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top