PK, 6-12
Jacksonville, FL

A. Philip Randolph Academies 2

Posted June 30, 2014
This school year the school was unorganized. Whenever you ask a teacher a question, they look at you with a blank face and tell you" I know the same thing you know." The kids are hard to control and the environment is not safe

A. Philip Randolph Academies 2

Posted March 20, 2014
Frank H. Peterson is the brother to A Phillip Randolph. My child has attended APR and now attends Frank H. Peterson which I found to be a much better school with excellent teachers. The envrionment is much better.

Posted January 15, 2014
My daughter will attend high school in August 2014, but after dancing in Brentwood Grades 2 - 5, then LaVilla Grades 6-8 she no longer wants to dance and attend Douglas Anderson. I do not want her to attend Andrew Jackson High based on the school's ratings...What about A. Philip Randolph. Accepting all comments. Thank you

Posted June 15, 2010
This past year was my sons first year at a public school in over 5 years. I have been very pleased with what he has accomplished over the school year. He is in the public safety magnet program there. It was an eye opener for him, but one well worth the taking. I plan on keeping him there and want to also add, Mr Reddick is awesome! He takes no crap from these kids and get respect back.....I hope that Duval county keeps him there.....

Posted May 01, 2009
FIND ANOTHER MAGNET SCHOOL!!! This school does not know what is going on. the kids are disrespectful, the teachers are as clueless as the students. For graduating seniors information is not available till the last minute or the information is obtained from a fellow student. Meetings are not anouonced in a timely matter to arrange for after school transportation or for attendence. For those in the Honor Society their names were not submitted to the photographer who is taking pictures so needless to say Honors are not reconized. Senior class rings are not given till January of the senior year. The Senior advisor not informed about senior events by the higher echilion until the last minute. Overall this school is very unorganized and uninformed which creates major frustrations for students and parents. Teacher turn over rate is high in the middle of the school year. Guidance is good!

Posted January 20, 2009
This is not a good school at all. My child has had nothing but problems at this school

A. Philip Randolph Academies

Posted August 18, 2008
My child attends the Construction Academy at A.P.R. and we are pulling my child out this week because the school is failing to follow through with what we were exspecting to get from this experience. My child has come to hate going to school because of the constant misrepresention from the staff and teachers, my child has had to have the schedule redone several times each year just to get the classes that my child was told he/she could take to get the certificates he/she was promised. If you are thinking of putting your child in this school to help them make a career goal please think of another career or another school that may offer the same career goals!

Posted February 05, 2008
If you are thinking about sending your child here, think hard. This school does have great programs for your child but nonetheless, it isn't worth sending your child to. The kids and teachers have the i-dont-care attitude and I don't feel they are pushing the kids to learn anything.

Posted May 14, 2007
This is an excellence high school to send your child to. I know because I graduated from here in 2007. This school is growing and it is a joy to attend. This school is like every other high school because you have those who want to succeed and those who do not but, it's only up to the student what they really want in life. This school does not have many sports or clubs that the only down fall and the coursework here can be challenging but it a really fun school. I will tell anyone to come here because you cannot get a diploma and a trade at any other school. Here you are equipped for the future and around people who care.

Posted July 27, 2006
This is a pretty good school! At timed it can be a little boring but overall its okay but the teachers are okay... some of them are a little too controlling and at times very mean! Ms. M. Harris is the best teacher (she teaches English)! I love her class! But I dislike the pricipal: Dr. Tiscornia.

A. Philip Randolph Academies
1157 Golfair Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32209
Last modified A. Philip Randolph Academies is a Public school that serves grades PK, 6-12
A. Philip Randolph Academies Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top