Jacksonville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,028

Posted January 10, 2013
The school is 26 years old this year. Some things are not the same as 26 years ago. However, the teachers are still the hardest working group of people anywhere. If excellent instruction is what you are after as a parent, then you should not be disappointed. The faculty is constantly being trained on the latest techniques. They bring experience and expertise into the classroom. Some reviewers on here seem to be focusing on the wrong things. In a large school there have to be rules. Rules will almost always upset some people. Crystal Springs has produced many doctors, engineers, lawyers, and other professionals. So, educational opportunities are definitely here. It is what the student and parents decide to make of it.

Crystal Springs Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2012
I'm a substitute teacher and former student of Crystal Springs. I can't believe how much things have changed-and not for the better. I've had several discipline problems and the other teachers seem to be getting tired of having to deal with the same problems day after day. The actual instruction isn't bad though. The teachers are devoted and most are well-qualified. There does seem to be a disconnect between the teachers and the principal though. Crystal Springs isn't the great school that it was but it is still way better than most of the other schools I've worked at.

Crystal Springs Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2011
I have worked here as a substitute teacher, and I would NOT send my children to this school. While it is far from being the worst school in the area, if you have high expectations when it comes to your children's school, you would be greatly disappointed with Crystal Springs. It is just a negative, restricting, environment where all the teachers (and administration too) harp and lecture about all the things the students are not allowed to do. God forbid a child has a small toy in his or her backpack, because at Crystal Springs they are toy nazis! Let's not have any fun at school! That's the vibe I got there. It was very sad. It's no wonder the kids don't like school, at Crystal Springs the make it seem and feel like a horrible place to be. School should be a caring, nurturing environment for learning and exploration, not a prison with books. Just my two cents.

Posted November 11, 2010
Hard working faculty. Many extracurricular activities. Huge school servicing over 1200 students. The teachers are what has made the school great for over the past 24 years.

Crystal Springs Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2010
This year my child is a 5th grader and has been going to Crystal Springs since 2nd grade cannot wait for it to be over! Ever since the new principle took over in 2009 alot has changed. One of the big issues is the principle or asst never call you back. Why does it take 2 months and several e-mails, voicemails, and hand written messages to get a response. Every news letter says..."Loving your children" or "Keeping your kids safe" then why can't you call a parent back when her child is jumped on a bus by a bully or held back after class by a teacher because she needed to get something out of the students backpack and I'm outside waiting and all the staff says "Huh I dunno where she is?" Wow thats a job well done! Can't wait 1 year

Crystal Springs Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2010
My son has attended Crystal Springs for 3 years now and the new principal, Ms. Jamie Johnson is great! She is genuinely concerned about the success of your children and really does listen to the parent.

Posted December 02, 2009

Crystal Springs Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2009
Our child has attended this school since kindergarten and is now in the 2nd grade. I have never been so disappointed with the parent/teacher communication as I have been this year. I have spoken with the Asst. Principal and no response at all after a week. Had to reach back out to her for a status on the concern(s) we as parents had about our strained Parent/Teacher relationship. Teacher totally unresponsive and this is why higher adminsitration was contacted. All of our child's other teachers were fine until now. Very disappointed.

Posted June 23, 2009
GREAT SCHOOL!!! Excellent Staff. Standards and support are great. Both are children came through Crystal Springs and I thank the good Lord for allowing for such a great opportunity and good environment for our kids during the elementary years. We need more schools with a commitment to the students, education and overall involvement. Wise and good parents have a strong voice in this school. Parents are encouraged and welcomed to attend - unannounced- anytime of any day. This school really take SECURITY serious! I appreciate the principal Ms. Davis for that. Good Job! Keep our children safe!

Posted September 11, 2008

Crystal Springs Elementary School
1200 Hammond Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32221
Last modified Crystal Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crystal Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top