1,124 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

All three of my children attend Mandarin Oaks. We have been so pleased with the teachers and their attention to the educational needs of each of our children. The school administration has been highly accessible to us as parents. The PTA works hard to raise money for those things outside of the annual school budget. I highly recommend Mandarin Oaks to any parents of elementary aged children.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The administration makes themselves available to parents and takes our concerns seriously. Each of the administrators is approachable, kind, and concerned for our children individually. I especially appreciate the care of one administrator, who took the time to check on my daughter during the day when she didn't win a student council election.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and administration do a great job applying the county's character education program. They recognize Students of the Month for their character. They celebrate the students' victories and reinforce positive behavior.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Both of my daughters have shown academic growth and improvement in writing, reading, and mathematical reasoning.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I know of two incidents last year- one involving my child and another involving a friend's child, and we felt both were dealt with quickly and effectively by the teachers.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Our teachers in this department are AMAZING! I love the way some of our regular education classes have adopted a special needs class and do sweet things for the children.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I think it is a fair and balanced amount of work. My children probably spend 30 minutes Mon-Thurs practicing what they did in class. We read together for at least 30 minutes each night, as well, which they are asked to do.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I have no experience with this at the school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

There is a good support system of VE resource teachers.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I do not feel their was an excessive amount of homework given when my children were there.

Last modified Mandarin Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.