Chimney Lakes Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1100 students

Posted June 10, 2009

We came to CLE mid-year from overseas and my Kindergarten daughter loved this school. At her old school,she learned her sight words, but at CLE she learned to read! Thank you Ms. Scott!! We are moving again and my daughter is very sad to leave this school, she loves the teachers, the activities, her classroom, and her friends. I specifically, stayed six months with my family so that my daughter could attend this school because her three cousins have all gone through CLE and are all reaching their potential in learning. I thought the homework was in line for a 5-6 year old, the classroom academics challenged my daughter and I thought they had fun field trips. Thank you CLE for giving my daughter a good start!

Posted June 9, 2009

Student loves school, but question if she is just being passed through.

Posted April 27, 2009

My son was able to read from very little to a lot within a matter of one grading period. His teachers from Kindergarten to 1st grade are so amazing...especially Ms. Yergin and Ms. Thompson. Well done teachers!!!

Posted February 16, 2009

My Daughter has learned more at this school than i expected for 2nd grade it's a wonderful cultural magnet school

Posted December 10, 2008

I was told about this wonderful school by another parent and we are THRILLED with our decison to send our daughter there! Ouf 5 year old attends kindergarten there and learned to read in just about 2 months. She can read just about everything!! It's amazing! She loves school! I sometimes volunteer at the school and have only witnessed happy, smiling children. You can also eat lunch with your child in a special area. Security of the children is very good. The school is completely locked down and EVERYTIME I've been allowed in I have been asked to show ID, sign in and wear a visitior pass. The few times I've had to dismiss my daughter early I was also asked to show ID and they pulled her card to make sure I was allowed to pick her up, even though they know me!

Posted August 12, 2008

My kids love the school. Great teaching staff and afterschool program!

Posted January 4, 2008

Overall my kids love the school. I have a 4th and 5th grader. I've never seen them so excited about school. One thing I was disappointed in was their programs. I thought there would be more art, music and PE. This was one of the reasons I wanted my kids there.

Posted January 31, 2007

Chimney Lakes is a wonderful elementary school. I would recommend this school to anyone. The teachers have been outstanding with keeping parents informed of weekly assignments and tests. The afterschool program is a great safe place for the kids after school. This is my daughters last year there and we are going to miss it!

Posted July 27, 2006

My son started at Chimney Lakes in the ESE program and has terrific teachers especially his last 2 yrs Ms Seldon and Mrs Mace were great with his needs and my son learned a lot from them we will miss them. Since my son is going into the 6th grade my daughter can not go to Chimney Lakes anymore but her teacher she had last yr Ms Yergin was great she help my daughter learn so much I feel that she had a great year with Ms Yergin I hate that my daughter can not go there anymore they have great teachers

Posted June 10, 2006

chimney lakes elementary is a fine example of learning.it teaches kids in a way that they enjoy it and has an envirorment that makes learning worthwile.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 26, 2006

My child has been attending this school for three years and I believe that the teachers are caring and very well trained. She has done very well at Chimney Lakes. The extended day program is awesome, Ms. Dawn Little is excellent!

Posted August 17, 2005

very happy about my children attending this school. FCAT readiness was a priority. downfall is no full time art, music, p.e. programs. only attend these classes once a week

Posted May 18, 2005

I currently have 2 children enrolled in this school and i can honestly say my experience with the school has been great. All the teachers i have came in contact with were great and very caring. The only thing that i wish this school had would be the International studies that they are supposed to have. They are a magnet for International studies but never have i seen them do anything or learn anything that falls in this category.

Posted July 25, 2004

With all the budget cuts, Chimney Lakes is doing a great job to teach all students the standards and skills they need to know. The teachers are wonderful and they work so hard to be the best.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 18, 2004

Great school, good teachers.

Posted August 26, 2003

I think the parent with all the bad things to say about Chimney Lakes needs to go there him/her self! Trying to read it was impossible! On a positive note, Chimeny Lakes Elem. school is a great school. The teachers really care about the students. I couldn't ask for a better school for my child. I think his/her comments are far and few between. Thank you

Posted July 2, 2003

1) princiapl leadership was none what so ever, they just push you off. 2) teacher quality very unorganized when she had one. 3) safety the gate was left open a stray dog got in and went after the kids and they stood there and did nothing, not to mention if a child is a constant threat to your child they take it as a joke let's keep up that magnet program

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

177 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

177 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

169 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

169 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

167 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

180 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

180 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

179 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

191 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

9353 Staples Mill Drive