Jacksonville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,100

Posted February 10, 2015
This school is horrible. My daughter was in 3rd grade in Mrs. Griffin class in the beginning of 2014 and due to the teacher never being in the class , my daughter was not only failing but lost interest in learning over all. My child was a straight A's student and even enrolled in gifted. It is so sad to know that there are teachers that truly don't care and schools that due absolutely nothing about it. Mrs. Griffin said she was constantly being asked to leave her class to assist the Principal with class development programs. Not only was my child failing but so were all the other children in the same class. I wrote a letter to speak with the principal and never received a response. It makes no logical sense how a teacher is asked to help with class development programs if her class is failing. This is my first review and I thought about it many times over because as a business professional I understand how damaging a bad review can be. As a mother , I would not wish what happened to my daughter to happen to any other child. Children today are tomorrows future, schools should know this and due their best to make a better tomorrow.

Posted January 26, 2015
This school has a horrible walker car rider program. Causes traffic back ups which will cause an accident in front of the school . Students are required to walk across multiple busy roads. This school needs to review its bus car and transportation policy to think about safety not dollars for buses. A child will be hurt or worse walking. Transferring to Chimney Lakes my daughter's previous school was ahead in curriculum so far ahead in the same grade that my daughter is doing the same assignments she done last year. Being this far behind my daughter hates this school. My daughter complains constantly her teacher is on cell phone and she can sing her teachers ring tone. I work a less important job than our children and know not to pull out a cell phone at work unless it is an emergency. I want my daughter to have a better quality education than this. I check out 15 books a week at the local library. The library at school does not let children take home books. Due to busy work teachers that send home to much homework but can't get it done in school hours. I watch kindergarten students and first grade come home crying. Teach them in school do what you are paid for!

Chimney Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2014
My son enjoys the school over all. As a parent I disagree with the school's socialistic policy on school supplies. My child's new school supplies were taken from him and he was given someone else's old well used supplies. Parents should buy their own child's supplies. Also last year my child was given a job of cleaning lunch tables and other chores in class. I'm sure that it was to teach a I'm lesson in responsibility but i would rather him learn to expect fair pay for his labor and not to let someone take advantage of him. Let the cafeteria staff clean the tables unless they would like to stroke him a check. The school also ignores state recess and resource policies. On a more positive note most of our teachers have been wonderfull over the years and couldn't be nicer.

Posted August 01, 2014
CLE is an awesome school. They really care about every one of their students and they go the extra mile. Thanks CLE staff.

Posted July 12, 2014
I enrolled my two children into Chimney Lakes under the impression that it is a great school from the ratings on this site. My 1st grader had the worst time with the teacher he had. She was inexperience with children who have developmental delays and very impatient towards him and others like him. The teacher is very rude, mean, and seem to single out my son. My children love school. Both stated "I hate chimney lakes"! As for my fourth grader her teacher seemed very nice at first. She was rude and sarcastic with her students. My daughter was continuously picked on by her classmates. This school has major bulling issues that are never resolved. The principal is always MIA and doesn't adhere to any issues going on in her school. Bus service for this school is horrid for the children who ride. There's uncontrolled bulling on the bus as well. I do understand every parent and child's experience is different. Since we've been on this summer break I've found many parents who have not raise their voice about this school dissatisfied with chimney lakes staff and all of the issues with bulling and the inexperience with children who have IEP's. A lot of reviews are misguiding.

Posted April 13, 2014
This school is great. My child joined in grade 3 after coming from another country. He loves school. The teachers are caring, the school is very organized and the learning environment is awesome.

Posted April 12, 2014
This is a fantastic school! My daughter has gone to chimney lakes elementary since kindergarten. She has an IEP for speech, she was tested numerous times for gifted and we had various meetings through the years with her teachers and the staff. All of them are nothing but helpful and informative. There was a year that my daughter did have a teacher that wasn't "warm and fuzzy" but it did not distract from her learning and succeeding. This is an amazing school and I wouldn't hesitate to send your child here. yes, they do keep the kids responsible for behavior because poor behavior is distracting to a learning environment. I have seen the principal on numerous occasions as well as the assistant principal who is Always around! Is this a perfect school? no. However, it is a great learning environment for your child. My daughter had no issues with bullying or teasing and is sad to move on to middle school. This school has an A rating every year and there is a reason. It isn't because a teacher may get loud here or there, it is because they have high expectations for your child. Expectations of learning so that your child is well equipped when they move on in their futures.

Posted August 31, 2013
I have to agree that some of these teachers come off very rude by their tone. I have seen things that I know if it were my child the teacher would be hearing it from me! Example, my daughter had Art on Friday, and asked Ms. Phillips (The art teacher) for a apron, the teacher refused her request and told her to be careful. Lets just say they dealt with PAINT that day. Ms. Phillips had the nerve to say she doesn't do apron's because it takes 5 minutes away from doing art. How hard is it to pass my daughter a apron? Us as parents don't want to have to wash clothes with Shout Out 3 times to get paint out. If the school has it available, use it, that is what it is for. Takes 5 minutes away from doing art, yeah, lets see how your supervisors feel about that!

Chimney Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2013
For the post on Aug 26th. That was my son she screamed at for walking his sister to class

Posted August 26, 2013
My daughter had open house before school started when she was in Kindergarten, but after that no open house before school starts. Open house to meet the teacher, and get a feel of her classroom isn't till September 7th!!! School started on August 19th. They don't put the list up of what teacher your child will have until the weekend before school starts, SERIOUSLY? The principal is hard to get a hold of, and is terrible at keeping you informed when she said she will get back to you. I feel they are NOT organized. The kids are NOT even allowed to talk during lunch time. Let the kids be kids. Some of the teachers are horrible. On the first week of school, I saw a little girl looked lost, and saw a teacher yell at her and ask her where she was supposed to be, the girl looked scared, and started to cry, and the teacher rolled her eyes, yanked her book bag making the child stumble a bit, pulling out her folder to see who her teacher is. Ms. Ganey yelled at a child and said are you supposed to be in this hallway, you need to go, and the child tried to explain he was walking his first grade sister to her class. Some of these teachers tone in their voice comes off rude.

Chimney Lakes Elementary School
9353 Staples Mill Drive, Jacksonville, FL  32244
Last modified Chimney Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chimney Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top