1,098 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Posted September 21, 2015
I had my child tested for ADHD and was told that he had borderline symptoms and it was not necessary to medicate him. The psychiatrist went on to say that he felt the teacher was uniformed and biased when it came to my son. She then pushed to have my son retested and even stated to me that she would change what she had written previously so that he would be diagnosed with this disorder. I was lied to by the assistant principal and denied a meeting with the principal on numerous occasions. After threatening to take a serious stance on the matter and refusing to back down, I was finally able to meet with the principal who then rectified the situation. This wasn't until the last week of school, during the testing, when I had threatened to remove my son from the school and move him to my mother's home in another state. Update: 3rd grade. My son was out into the same class with his kindergarten bully. I met with the new assistant principal and was reassured that this child would be removed and that is yet to happen. My son feels that he is being provoked by this child and singled out by his teacher. I'm meeting again with then this week and if there is no resolution I will enroll him in Oakleaf Elementary or he will be homeschooled.

Chimney Lakes Elementary School
Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted September 21, 2015
My child was been bullied in kindergarten by the same child he is 3rd grade with as we speak and it's continuing. I've spoken to the assistant principal and was reassured that the other would be moved and it still has yet to happen.

Posted January 26, 2015
This school has a horrible walker car rider program. Causes traffic back ups which will cause an accident in front of the school . Students are required to walk across multiple busy roads. This school needs to review its bus car and transportation policy to think about safety not dollars for buses. A child will be hurt or worse walking. Transferring to Chimney Lakes my daughter's previous school was ahead in curriculum so far ahead in the same grade that my daughter is doing the same assignments she done last year. Being this far behind my daughter hates this school. My daughter complains constantly her teacher is on cell phone and she can sing her teachers ring tone. I work a less important job than our children and know not to pull out a cell phone at work unless it is an emergency. I want my daughter to have a better quality education than this. I check out 15 books a week at the local library. The library at school does not let children take home books. Due to busy work teachers that send home to much homework but can't get it done in school hours. I watch kindergarten students and first grade come home crying. Teach them in school do what you are paid for!

Posted August 26, 2014
My son enjoys the school over all. As a parent I disagree with the school's socialistic policy on school supplies. My child's new school supplies were taken from him and he was given someone else's old well used supplies. Parents should buy their own child's supplies. Also last year my child was given a job of cleaning lunch tables and other chores in class. I'm sure that it was to teach a I'm lesson in responsibility but i would rather him learn to expect fair pay for his labor and not to let someone take advantage of him. Let the cafeteria staff clean the tables unless they would like to stroke him a check. The school also ignores state recess and resource policies. On a more positive note most of our teachers have been wonderfull over the years and couldn't be nicer.

Posted August 01, 2014
CLE is an awesome school. They really care about every one of their students and they go the extra mile. Thanks CLE staff.

Posted July 12, 2014
I enrolled my two children into Chimney Lakes under the impression that it is a great school from the ratings on this site. My 1st grader had the worst time with the teacher he had. She was inexperience with children who have developmental delays and very impatient towards him and others like him. The teacher is very rude, mean, and seem to single out my son. My children love school. Both stated "I hate chimney lakes"! As for my fourth grader her teacher seemed very nice at first. She was rude and sarcastic with her students. My daughter was continuously picked on by her classmates. This school has major bulling issues that are never resolved. The principal is always MIA and doesn't adhere to any issues going on in her school. Bus service for this school is horrid for the children who ride. There's uncontrolled bulling on the bus as well. I do understand every parent and child's experience is different. Since we've been on this summer break I've found many parents who have not raise their voice about this school dissatisfied with chimney lakes staff and all of the issues with bulling and the inexperience with children who have IEP's. A lot of reviews are misguiding.

Posted April 13, 2014
This school is great. My child joined in grade 3 after coming from another country. He loves school. The teachers are caring, the school is very organized and the learning environment is awesome.

Posted April 12, 2014
This is a fantastic school! My daughter has gone to chimney lakes elementary since kindergarten. She has an IEP for speech, she was tested numerous times for gifted and we had various meetings through the years with her teachers and the staff. All of them are nothing but helpful and informative. There was a year that my daughter did have a teacher that wasn't "warm and fuzzy" but it did not distract from her learning and succeeding. This is an amazing school and I wouldn't hesitate to send your child here. yes, they do keep the kids responsible for behavior because poor behavior is distracting to a learning environment. I have seen the principal on numerous occasions as well as the assistant principal who is Always around! Is this a perfect school? no. However, it is a great learning environment for your child. My daughter had no issues with bullying or teasing and is sad to move on to middle school. This school has an A rating every year and there is a reason. It isn't because a teacher may get loud here or there, it is because they have high expectations for your child. Expectations of learning so that your child is well equipped when they move on in their futures.

Posted August 31, 2013
I have to agree that some of these teachers come off very rude by their tone. I have seen things that I know if it were my child the teacher would be hearing it from me! Example, my daughter had Art on Friday, and asked Ms. Phillips (The art teacher) for a apron, the teacher refused her request and told her to be careful. Lets just say they dealt with PAINT that day. Ms. Phillips had the nerve to say she doesn't do apron's because it takes 5 minutes away from doing art. How hard is it to pass my daughter a apron? Us as parents don't want to have to wash clothes with Shout Out 3 times to get paint out. If the school has it available, use it, that is what it is for. Takes 5 minutes away from doing art, yeah, lets see how your supervisors feel about that!

Posted August 27, 2013
For the post on Aug 26th. That was my son she screamed at for walking his sister to class

Chimney Lakes Elementary School
9353 Staples Mill Drive, Jacksonville, FL  32244
Last modified Chimney Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.