Landmark Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1179 students

Posted December 2, 2007

Ever since I arrived at this school in 2004 as a 6th Grader I've always had a bad feeling about Landmark. To explain my feeling for this school, it has a very unhelpful staff that treat parents very badly and dis-respectfully and most of their students are constantly trash talking and bullying is a huge problem also which makes the school environment very dangerous. All in all, I suggest sending your son or daughter to another school if you have a choice.

Posted October 17, 2007

i love this school all the teachers are nice!

Posted October 9, 2007

Lately Im no t happy here at landmark. The classes are over crouded and they keep changing my classes. Gym and computers are the only classes I have that have a good amount of kids in them.. They say there going to fix the problems but nothings happening? Im an 8th grade student at landmark and there have only been to problems this year.

Posted September 27, 2007

So far I am very disappointed in the whole Duval County. We went from Abess Park Elementary School, where my son had the option of before school care and after, and now that he is in 6th grade, There is no supervision what so ever. I have no idea whats going on in his classes, I have emailed the teachers, only to get no response. I feel so helpless in my own childs education. Just because we live close to this school, we seem be getting penalized. It seems to be unfair. Very disappointed parent.

Posted September 21, 2007

I was concerned before my daughter started at LM because of many rumors. This is her 2nd year & she loves the school. She is in honors/advanced classes, has had wonderful teachers that are very easy to communicate with via email &/or phone calls. She has a few well behaved friends & has really become more independent and opened up since 5th grade. Dr. Henry (principal) and officer Goodin do not put up with adverse behavior that interferes with learning.The more involved you are as a parent, the more you will know this. How many schools offer free tutoring 2 days/week & on Sat! The only concern I have is the amount of binders/notebooks/supplies my daughter has to carry when she walks to school & all throughout the day.

Posted September 20, 2007

This school is the worst school my child has ever been at. My child has only had a few wonderful teachers Mrs.Lee(7th) Mr.Evans(comp.) Coach Foy(science) Mrs.Rojas(6th) This school cant even provide paper for my child we have to go out and buy paper for copys just so are chirldren dont have tio copy every thing. My main thing is the lockers landmark middle has lockers down almost every hall way ,yet my child is forced to carry 6 class periods worth of papers and notebooks in a bookbag almost 7 hours a day. These people tell the parents they are going to take action but nothing happens.I am i worried parent

Posted September 20, 2007

I am a student a landmark middle and i am so happy with my school!They rock my socks!The only thing is the lockers we have them y not use em you know.....i hate carrying bookbags for 6 classes its so flipping hard on my back =[

Posted August 22, 2007

To make a long story short... If you can afford private school, send your kids to private. This school should be rated D because of the leadership and discipline.

Posted August 2, 2007

im a student of landmark middle school, and i love it there because of the great teachers like mr.tupper, and mrs.Gaulier. i am a advanced student and now more interested in politics and ancient discoveries than i was before i attended this school. my only issue was that they no longer give students lockers. other wise im looking forward to my new year of school there!

Posted June 8, 2007

I have to admit I was a little worried about my daughter attending this school. I had heard so many negative things about it, but found that most of them were not correct. We have been very pleased with Landmark and my daughter is happy there as well. With this age group I think it is very important for parents to step up and be involved with the students and I think Landmark encourages parents to do so.

Posted June 2, 2007

I can not believe that Landmark is allowed to teach children. We tried to be active participants in the school and were discouraged from doing so. The entire staff never return calls, are rude to parents and children. Landmark failed to teach our child, who prior to attending Landmark was an honor roll student. We pulled him from Landmark and placed him in a private school. Because of Landmark, our child will NEVER attend Public School again, and we will vote NO to every school levy. Its not a money problem, its a people problem, with Teachers who only care about FCAT Numbers, instead of Teaching our children

Posted May 31, 2007

My sister (03-06) and I (02-05) both attended landmark middle and loved it. We had incredible teachers such as coach Foy and Ms. Gailur and great experiences that we truley miss. We learned things there that surpasses our high school and that we will never forget. There are problems at every school and you can not say landmark is the worst. The important thing was our education and we recieved a great one from landmark.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 24, 2007

Landmark has had a bad rap over the years but it has turned around. Yes there are fights and yes they do still have some problems. But the staff is doing a great job in curbing the problems to a minimum. I have been very proud to say my child goes to Landmark and loves this school. They care about the kids and it shows. The fact they have a great nursing staff tops off my reasons for loving this school. Having a child with medical problems paired with a school that cares makes all the difference in the world. Kudos to Landmark for helping to make a lasting difference in these kids lives.

Posted May 22, 2007

I have not seen a more unorganized school as Landmark Middle. I cannot believe that a school of this nature is allowed to operate as it does. Between the never returned phone calls to the abundance of trash and kids running/ riding bicycles in the halls during the last chorus concert of the 2007 school year, I'd definitely not recommend Landmark as a school of choice.

Posted June 27, 2006

i attended lank mark middle and left in the year of 2004.. i really thank landmark i believe it is a gret school and that you can learn a lot if you stay on the right track... i can honestly say that things i learned in landmark middle are things that i havent learned in school now that i am in my second year of high school in another state.. and the staff was very polite and sweet to me.. i loved it
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 24, 2006

Parents try to be involved in this school and it is not encouraged. Teachers never return phone calls. I have visited this establishment numerous times and have been left waiting in the halls for reasons unknown and treated rudely by the teachers and the staff in the front office. The atmosphere is one of a juvenile delinquency center rather than a learning institution. The teachers are non-communicative and unresponsive when called upon for answers.

Posted May 2, 2006

The school is violent and very disorganized. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. Fights are more often than not at this school. This is what we have encountered at Landmark.

Posted April 25, 2006

We are in our 3rd year at Landmark and doing just fine. Lots of worries prior to starting Middle School, but as long as you keep involed with your child it's great!

Posted October 5, 2005

My experience at Landmark has been a great disappointment. Administratively this school needs help. I have tried to be as involved as possible as a parent, but when questioning situations that have occurred at the school, I was essentially ignored. If I had not persisted in my quest for answers, my concerns would never have been addressed. Thankfully, my daughter enjoys her classes and her teachers, and does well academically. I just feel that more consideration to parent's concerns are greatly needed.

Posted September 26, 2005

Good school, great music program. the only bad thing is overcrowding. A child can get lost if not self motivated. All in all, good teachers, but just too many students.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

382 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

386 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

384 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

385 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

348 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

350 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

346 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

349 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

437 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

198 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 4%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

• MR. DAVID GILMORE
Fax number
  • (904) 221-8847

Staff resources available to students
  • Assistant principal(s)
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • Cafeteria
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Sports

Music
  • Band
  • Choir / Chorus
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Apply now