Jacksonville, FL

Posted April 01, 2013
Very dangerous environment. I am a substitute teacher. Both times I subbed at this school fights broke out, the 2nd time being in the classroom I subbed in. No support from administration at all. The fight that broke out in my classroom was male/female physical fight. Other students were in the line of fire, as well as myself. Administration blew it off as a "personality conflict". If your child goes to this school, and you have no other options, I would highly recommend your involvement. If admin does nothing, make your voice be heard, and demand results, even if you have to go to the school board.

Posted February 04, 2013
This school is great there isn't a lot of fight actually few that I know about,the teachers are great,and landmark middle school is so much better then kernan middle school.

Posted October 19, 2012
I go to Landmark Middle School it's a great safe school you sit at one table and have to stay on one side of hallway it keeps others safe and from getting hurt and it has lots of programs so you are able to get skip up and they also have douglas anderson coming to the school for the talented students so this is a great school for all students.

Posted May 16, 2012
This is not a school you want your kids to go to! This is my son's first and last year here. He has not recieved any help from teachers(he has a learning disability) as required by his 504 plan. I have contacted the teachers and asked that they email at anytime and I never heard anything back, not even when his grades drop. If I could give negative stars I would! SO DISAPPOINTED IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL!

Posted March 15, 2012
Not a good school!!! 1)forced to sit at the same lunchtable everyday 2)forced to stay on one side of the hallway and get a detention if u turn around because u passed your class ect. 3)cant have your phone out at lunchtime or it gets confinscated EVEN ON YOUR FIRST DAY!!!! 3)restrooms are always locked up inbetween class and teachers arent aloud to ever let students leave class even if its an emergency. 4) teachers cant control bad kids that are yelling and throwing papers at people. This is just a few of the horrible things about it. I would need a book to list them all. And dont think i am making stuff up i go currently go there. I would rather be in a jail cell for seven hours then be at school for seven hours.

Posted December 07, 2011
This school is horrible. If your kids are being bullied they do nothing. My daughter filed 2 reports and I was not contacted about it. My daughter was basically brushed off. They did nothing about it. I'm now contacting other people and luckily my daughter won't b their much longer.

Posted April 17, 2011
Great teachers, super students, and awesome location.Probably the best kept secret in education. I highly recommend the Honors Academy. Students in this program receive the best preparation possible for high school and beyond.

Posted April 09, 2011
I once went to Landmark Middle School, and I would like to inform everyone that if I could go back to there, I would do it in a heartbeat! I well never forget the time I had at Landmark, and the things that I learned. The teachers there are excellent, the opportunites there are amazing, and I learned things that i would never learn anywhere else. Sometimes, when hearing people talk bad about the school, i get very upset, because most people never went there as a student, and the students are really the only ones that can judge how good the school is because they are the ones going there everyday. And i promise you that if you ask anyone who went there, like me, they will say it was the best three years of my life. Abosutely unforgetable. So don't believe everything you hear about this school, because you can NEVER judge a book by it's cover. THANK YOU LANDMARK, FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Landmark Middle School 3

Posted October 08, 2010
I wasn't very impressed with Landmark Middle School from the moment I went to 6th grade Orientation. Orientation consisted of going to the gym to order and pay for gym clothes, pick up my son's schedule (which had the wrong classes), picking up a school map and standing in line for 2 hours to get his photo taken for a school Identification card. We weren't allowed to walk around the school or meet any teachers. I hated that. My attitude has changed toward the school after meeting my son's Math, Science, History, Language Arts and Band teachers. These 5 people are the only reason I like Landmark. They are dedicated to my son's education. The teachers communicate through phone calls and emails. They have a weekly collaboration meeting with parents. They each also have class websites that keep us informed on classwork, homework & other important information.

Posted June 25, 2010
Please check this school out yourself. I don't know why, but the press seems to focus only on the negatives at this school and they ignore all the great things happening here. I see great media about JWJ and Paxon but knowing children that attend there, I can factually state that those schools incur the same stealing and fighting that happens here. Do not opt for a magnet school in a bad area. This is a great school who doesn't receive its just due. At least check it out.

Landmark Middle School
101 Kernan Boulevard North, Jacksonville, FL  32225
Last modified Landmark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Landmark Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 86 reviews. Top