Jacksonville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,179

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 28, 2015
after all the racist fights and bulling a ton of home work that is never graded or checked i worked with my son on many projects and then they dont grade it.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 28, 2015
no they could care less. when i call and ask my sons teacher to explane to him her responce is he should know this. what a worthless teacher

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 28, 2015
teachers don't care .don't teach. I tried many times to get my sons teacher fired. as my son tells me every day dad all my teacher does is put on videos for us and never quiz's us while she sleeps or listens to her ipod

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
You don't want your kids to go to school. There is too much bullying, drugs, fighting and teachers just don't care about students. Home schooling is probably the best bet.

Landmark Middle School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
i am a 6th grade student at landmark and the school is great but every time i go to change for p.e. the mirrors in the locker room are smeared and dirty would it kill them to wipe them?! but its a good school ;)

Posted April 01, 2013
Very dangerous environment. I am a substitute teacher. Both times I subbed at this school fights broke out, the 2nd time being in the classroom I subbed in. No support from administration at all. The fight that broke out in my classroom was male/female physical fight. Other students were in the line of fire, as well as myself. Administration blew it off as a "personality conflict". If your child goes to this school, and you have no other options, I would highly recommend your involvement. If admin does nothing, make your voice be heard, and demand results, even if you have to go to the school board.
2 people found this helpful

Landmark Middle School 5

Posted February 04, 2013
This school is great there isn't a lot of fight actually few that I know about,the teachers are great,and landmark middle school is so much better then kernan middle school.

Landmark Middle School 5

Posted October 19, 2012
I go to Landmark Middle School it's a great safe school you sit at one table and have to stay on one side of hallway it keeps others safe and from getting hurt and it has lots of programs so you are able to get skip up and they also have douglas anderson coming to the school for the talented students so this is a great school for all students.

Posted May 16, 2012
This is not a school you want your kids to go to! This is my son's first and last year here. He has not recieved any help from teachers(he has a learning disability) as required by his 504 plan. I have contacted the teachers and asked that they email at anytime and I never heard anything back, not even when his grades drop. If I could give negative stars I would! SO DISAPPOINTED IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL!

Posted March 15, 2012
Not a good school!!! 1)forced to sit at the same lunchtable everyday 2)forced to stay on one side of the hallway and get a detention if u turn around because u passed your class ect. 3)cant have your phone out at lunchtime or it gets confinscated EVEN ON YOUR FIRST DAY!!!! 3)restrooms are always locked up inbetween class and teachers arent aloud to ever let students leave class even if its an emergency. 4) teachers cant control bad kids that are yelling and throwing papers at people. This is just a few of the horrible things about it. I would need a book to list them all. And dont think i am making stuff up i go currently go there. I would rather be in a jail cell for seven hours then be at school for seven hours.

101 Kernan Boulevard North, Jacksonville, FL  32225
Last modified Landmark Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Landmark Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 91 reviews. Top