Alimacani Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 779 students

Posted September 26, 2007

I moved to Jacksonville 3 months ago. I am very satisfied for the decision to move where my kids can attend Alimacani. I like the teacher involvement to improve children knwledge. My kids are very comfortable in the transition from Miami-Dade County to Alimacani.

Posted June 2, 2007

My Oldest daughter had to repeat Kindergarten because she has Asperger Syndrome. Her teacher was wonderful. Found out that they are going to send ESE children back to their home schools and I know this will be so wrong to happen to her. She has excel to the best of her ablities. She has past to the 1st grade and now her sister is getting ready for school and I hope they both go to Alimacani Elementary. I feel they will do so much better at Alimacani instead of their home school. Alimacani is there for the student and not the money that they get from the state.

Posted April 20, 2007

My son is in Kindergarten at Alimacani and we couldn't be happier. His teacher is wonderful and this is her first year of teaching! We have had nothing but great experiences with the staff and other teachers. I feel the academic program is good, but lacks somewhat for gifted children. There is not much in the way of sports or other extracurricular activities. The level of parent involvement is huge and I think a must these days. I have heard people say negative things about the new principal, however had not had any personal experiences. This is our first year, but I don't think she has done anything or made any changes without the best interests of the children in mind. We look forward to the years to come and hope it only gets better!

Posted April 3, 2006

My youngest child attended school at Alimacani for three years. An excellent school where the is a school where the children come first. Children are encouraged to do their best. The teachers my daughter had were highly skilled and worked hard to bring out the best in our daughter. The administration department was organized and efficient from the principal on down. I highly recommend this school to any parents of elementary aged children.

Posted March 10, 2006

Academic program is very challenging. Be prepared to feel as though you are repeating elementary school as you assist your child with some of the assignments/projects. A lot of new young teachers. Not much offered regarding sports, but music and art are introduced. High level of parent involvement expected.

Posted March 10, 2006

My son has been at Alimacani for almost 4 years now and on a whole, I like the school very much. We have recently encountered some conduct problems that I think the teacher is just not prepared to handle. Music and Arts are limited, but enough to introduce these areas to the children. There's always some event going on at the school which helps children feel that school is not just about academics. Huge parent involvement, makes for a good environment.

Posted July 24, 2005

great school,teachers are wonderful the staff is amazing!! Parents are very involved and i have enjoyed having my son be apart of such a great enviroment.

Posted July 17, 2005

Great school, great teachers, great academics and activities. Parents stay very involved.

Posted July 5, 2005

I moved to Duval County from St. Johns County. I thought I was going to be sending my child to private school based on information I had received from other parents about public schools. Once I met the principal and some teachers at Alimacani and learned about their school I decided to send my child there. I made the best decision. My child went from an average student, A's, B's and C's to straight A's. The teachers and the cirriculum were phenominal. I will say that this particular school is one of the best schools I have ever seen. We moved to ensure that she will continue at Alimacani through fifth grade.

Posted June 25, 2005

My older children went to Alimacani in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. The teachers were hit or miss. One year they had a good teacher the next year horrible. We took them out and put them in another public magnet school and the teachers have been excelent every year but one (for one of my children). We have our younger daughter on the waiting list for the magnet school but, she must attend Alimacani in the interim. We have asked for a specific teacher there however, we will not know until next fall if the principal will grant our teacher reaquest.

Posted June 22, 2005

Great school! My son had a very positive experience in this school. His teachers were excellent in working with him and working to keep me informed. The school office is always very helpful with is a direct reflection of the school. I was very pleased with the manor in which the school handled disruptive kids. Thanks for the positive experience for my child and nyself.

Posted February 19, 2005

Just wanted to say how pleased i am with alimacani. I think that the school is wonderful! they are fully involved with the children and in my opinion care for them the same way the would care for their own children. My son started kindergarten this year and i am amzed at how much he has learned-he is reading already!! the parent involvement with this school and the children is awsome. In my opinion i could not ask for anything better for my child. Thanks alimacani!

Posted December 30, 2004

Alimacani has an excellent curriculum; however, the class sizes are too large. The school averages in smaller sized classes (i.e. spec. ed.) to say that they are meeting the required class sizes. The K teachers have up to 24 kids, and they are without full time assistants.

Posted August 5, 2004

My child attended last year and it was a good experience but I was very upset to find the size of his new classroom! This year it is the size of a storage closet (18 students) with no windows no computers and no space for the essentials like backpacks or storage of supplies. This may be a A school but it receives a F from me and my family!

Posted April 14, 2004

This school used to be great! My second daughter is going here now and the quality has decreased by at least 50% -- I would like to get the old school back, considering putting my daughter in a private school!

Posted December 28, 2003

Discipine is not consistent nor is it carried out in a timely manner. Discpline is not always clear to the child either. There is no art program, that falls to the already over tasked teachers. We have been with Alimacanifor 4 years and the quality of the school has decreased each year.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

122 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

122 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

147 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

147 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

145 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

128 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2051 San Pablo Road South