Alimacani Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 779 students

Posted October 3, 2014

Our granddaughter is in fourth grade and has been in Alimacani since kindergarten. She has had wonderful teachers all the way. We couldn't be happier with a public school. We wish she could continue through 12th grade with this school and staff. We highly recommend it.

Posted October 2, 2014

My son did 2 years in Kindergarten and he is now in 5th grade. This scholl is like his extended family. I wish he never had to leave the staff of Alimacani!!

Posted August 10, 2014

Most of the teachers are wonderful, yet the school has a big problem with favoritism, especially the children of teachers/admin. If they showed more equality at the school, the atmosphere and opportunity for ALL students would greatly improve.

Posted April 27, 2014

My first born son attended Alimacani from 2000 - 2004. When we moved out of state, he was above grade level thanks to the wonderful teachers. Fast Forward to 2012, my youngest enters Alimacani as a kindergartner and the teachers, extended day team and even teachers assistants remembered us! No, not that we were problems ( lol), my son was always an honor student....they remembered because they truly care about the kids. my youngest is now in the 1st grade and is a straight "E" student. His grades started to slip in math and the teacher called ME! So good to know they care as much as I do!

Posted April 2, 2014

I have had 4 children go to this school and all have done well.I will say the lunch had gone down hill my daughter in 4th grade (she's the youngest) refuses to buy lunch so I was curious and went there to buy lunch and eat with her, and let me say it was bad and I see sadly alot of kids throw there lunch away that's probably the biggest complaint but the teachers have always been helpful some more then others but it it's a good school

Posted April 12, 2013

Love this school! From the moment you walk in you feel that caring and loving atmosphere, your kid will get an encouraging smile before they enter the classroom. The best Pre-K staff who you can tell are not there because their paycheck, they're devoted to what they're doing! My son loves to go there every day and adores Ms Brodeen!

Posted August 6, 2012

Love this school my daughter to Because all stuff at this school are so caring

Posted March 18, 2010

Loved the staff at this school, and my kids learned a lot!

Posted October 3, 2009

Because they are so caring and devote all their energy to teacing the children!!

Posted July 17, 2009

The school is great and couldn't ask for better teachers. My 2 older one have gone there and in middle school now i just don't think 5th graders are really prepared when they go to 6th that's a whole new ballgame.

Posted May 27, 2009

The school is ever improving. The staff is one of a kind. They will go to any lengths to assist a child there & the parents. My son is in the 4th grade and has been there since kindergarten. I have been very active in volunteering and accepted with opened arms. I can not say enough good about the school.

Posted November 17, 2008

The PreK program at this school is amazing! My son has learned so much, and the teachers are so loving and caring. The communication between parents and teachers is the best I have seen. I am proud to say my son attends the school and that K.Kirton is the best asset they have!

Posted October 14, 2008

My Daughter has attended Alimacani Elementry since Kindergarten and I have had nothing but great success. My daughter has advanced in her learning very well and any issues I have had have been addressed with personal attention.

Posted July 25, 2008

Both my children attended Alimacani. They also both struggled with their academics and repeated a grade. With the extra support that they received from some of their teachers they are making great achievement. The teachers, support staff and parent involvement are wonderful. We will miss everyone so much. Thanks for everything you have done. Ms. Park, Ms. Kirkham, Ms. Hope, Ms. Reed and Ms. Beaty...you all rock!

Posted April 29, 2008

I love Alimacani! Mrs Backfisch is the best teacher I could have asked for. My daughter has excelled beyond my wildest dreams under Mrs. Backfisch! She needs to be teacher of the year!

Posted April 21, 2008

I have two children at alimacani and one on the way and have nothing but great things to say about the teachers and staff. They go the extra mile and thats why we are an 'a' school. I would not move out of this district because of the school.

Posted March 17, 2008

My son has attended this school since he was in K. I love the office staff, & his teachers throughout the school years have been very helpful & caring. I am not unhappy with this school at all. I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted February 28, 2008

My son attended Alimacani for K and 1st grade and I would not recommend it to anyone! The school is huge yet my son's class is the size of a closit with no windows. The teacher he has for First grade is not bad but she is not in the class most days because she is still taking classes herself! So my son is being tought by a substitute a lot of the time which is causing inconsistency in his learning. This to me is unfair to my son and his classmates and unsatisfactory for an 'A' rated public school.

Posted September 27, 2007

I have an 11 yr old and a 9 yr old at this school. I have been more than satisfied with their teachers with each progressing year. We've dealt with Mrs. Tuten, Mrs. Kirton, Mrs. Sloan, Mrs. Ingram and Mrs. Parker. The principal, Mrs. Stalls, is very involved with the kids and is a very kind and approachable lady.

Posted September 27, 2007

My daughter has gone to Alimacani now for 4 years and we both love this school. The entire staff is supportive and friendly.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

122 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

122 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

147 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

147 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

145 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

128 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2051 San Pablo Road South