846 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son has been going to Alimacani for 3 years now. This is honestly the BEST school we have ever come across. The teachers and staff are so supportive and amazing. Everyone seems to absolutely love children and their job. The school is super nice and clean and in a great area. LOVE!!!

Our third year at Alimacani Elementary and we Love the staff and teachers at this school. We moved from Saint Johns county schools and I have to say that we love Alimacani Elementary more then Liberty Pines Academy. The staff here is more friendlier and the teachers that my son has had were all amazing. I volunteer weekly and I know what goes on in the class rooms.

They will switch your child's teacher two months in and not even let you have a say in it. They require more than a normal amount of homework which is impeding on family life. The high standards stress out children whom have low self-esteem. Children are disciplined by being made to walk the track and missing out on important peer interactions at recess. I was forced to have my child diagnosed in order for the school to provide a 504 plan. He was clearly struggling with focus but because his grades were not at risk they would not give him any help unless an outside physician diagnosed him. Our backs were against the wall and it was either get my son diagnosed so that he could get an individualized lesson plan or see him in constant trouble because he "wasn't following directions immediately ".

Our granddaughter is in fourth grade and has been in Alimacani since kindergarten. She has had wonderful teachers all the way. We couldn't be happier with a public school. We wish she could continue through 12th grade with this school and staff. We highly recommend it.

My son did 2 years in Kindergarten and he is now in 5th grade. This scholl is like his extended family. I wish he never had to leave the staff of Alimacani!!

Most of the teachers are wonderful, yet the school has a big problem with favoritism, especially the children of teachers/admin. If they showed more equality at the school, the atmosphere and opportunity for ALL students would greatly improve.

My first born son attended Alimacani from 2000 - 2004. When we moved out of state, he was above grade level thanks to the wonderful teachers. Fast Forward to 2012, my youngest enters Alimacani as a kindergartner and the teachers, extended day team and even teachers assistants remembered us! No, not that we were problems ( lol), my son was always an honor student....they remembered because they truly care about the kids. my youngest is now in the 1st grade and is a straight "E" student. His grades started to slip in math and the teacher called ME! So good to know they care as much as I do!

I have had 4 children go to this school and all have done well.I will say the lunch had gone down hill my daughter in 4th grade (she's the youngest) refuses to buy lunch so I was curious and went there to buy lunch and eat with her, and let me say it was bad and I see sadly alot of kids throw there lunch away that's probably the biggest complaint but the teachers have always been helpful some more then others but it it's a good school

Love this school! From the moment you walk in you feel that caring and loving atmosphere, your kid will get an encouraging smile before they enter the classroom. The best Pre-K staff who you can tell are not there because their paycheck, they're devoted to what they're doing! My son loves to go there every day and adores Ms Brodeen!

Alimacani is a great neighborhood. I love the community involvement and the many opportunities that families have to interact with their children's learning. The teachers my child has had have been very caring and go out of their way to make sure my child is safe, happy, confident, and excited about school.

Last modified Alimacani Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.