812 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted March 20, 2016
I can only speak for first grade, but the bullying problem needs to be addressed! Parents of bullies aren't contacted and teachers need to educate kids to be more tolerant and kinder to others. Little hooligans pick on the quieter, sweeter kids, especially those with special needs. Goodness knows what burden to society the bullies will grow up to be. Very disappointed in teachers and administration for not protecting our kids.

Greenland Pines Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
This is a wonderful school i would recommend it to any parent looking for a great school

Greenland Pines Elementary School 5

Posted May 31, 2015
We love this school Teachers are amazing staff is awesome They go out of there way to help your child #ms.brown 5th grade is the best teacher

Posted December 05, 2014
The school hired a whole bunch of people stading around up front every morning and drink coffe with the coffee cup on they're hand chating or working NOT so sure , but is doesn't look good

Greenland Pines Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2014
parking lot is in organizing , one day they closed on one section, the next day they closed the other and keep on switching back and forth every day or every other day , seems like they can't make up they're own mind , cost so much confusing for the parents and the students both, every frustration !

Posted October 11, 2013
My child attended Kindergarten at this school. Towards the end of school I noticed that he had started to suck on his shirt, a nervous habit he had developed. I went to speak with his teacher about my concerns and was meet with the teacher telling me that she wasn't sure if he would progress to 1st grade and sited the fact that she felt he had ADD as the issue. Mind you, this was in the last 3 WEEKS of school! I brought forth a concern and was met with an attack on my child. I made the financially hard decision to move him to private school where he was tested and placed in the 1st grade. In my first parent teacher conference this year, I was raving about how my son who hated going to school (he was super excited in the beginning of kindergarten) all of the sudden liked it again and was excited about learning. His new teacher explained that reading his records from his Kindergarten teacher was a shock. The child she described in her negative filled review was not my child at all. I am proud to say that my son is doing wonderful and is right on target for 1st grade as he should be. The school you pick makes a huge difference and I would never recommend GPE to anyone at any age.

Greenland Pines Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2013
My son did well in GPE, except for one thing. In Kindergarten and First Grade, I mentioned to the teachers that my son wasn't holding his pencil properly and asked what we could do to correct it. Both of them told me not to worry...that he would correct on his own. By fourth and fifth grade, he still had not done so. By this point, we had determined he had ADHD and we got him on a 504 plan. During the 504 plan meeting, the teachers brought the pencil issue to my attention. I told them what the earlier teachers told me and they were livid, saying it should have been corrected in the very beginning...and that they would probably not be able to correct him at that point. I found their admonishments of me rude and their lack of willingness to even try to help him at that point extremely disappointing. In addition to this, I also found the teachers in the later grades to be very difficult to communicate with. Emails were not answered in a timely manner and in many cases, their answer would affect the assignments my son was turning in. All in all, it is a really great school...but some improvements need to be made.

Greenland Pines Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2013
Greenland Pines Elementary is a good school until your kid gets to fourth/fifth grade. The teachers are very hands off and don't seem to invest in the kids future. My kid had 4 A's and a B in fifth grade so that is not the source of this review. During the orientation one of the teachers stated that she would update a website if she had time because she has her own life to live. She didn't update the website more than a few times over the 175 day school year. NOTE TO TEACHER...If you get paid to update the website do so! If you do not you shouldn't even bring it up. My wife and I called for a conference of teachers an one didn't bother to show up forcing us to reschedule and causing one of us to miss the second meeting. It takes an act of congress to speak to the teachers so if you love your kids and are super involved be ready to be frustrated with their teacher's/school's policy about meetings. My wife and I are very busy and use the websites and meetings to help us stay involved with our kids work. We were very happy with the first-third grade teachers and their involvement in our children's lives so not all negative. Thanks for reading.

Greenland Pines Elementary School 5

Posted May 16, 2013
my son goes to first grade. We really like this school and completely satisfied with his class teacher. Keep up the good work!

Posted February 12, 2013
My child is constantly coming home and mentioning that he feels he is being bullied by his afternoon teacher because he is bored and does not want to sit down while in class. We have had many conferences with this teacher and she never reflects what we ask of her. Instead she believes she knows whats best for my child. Yet she doesn't challenge him to his full potential. Instead she is constantly complaining that he has ADHD. First off who is she to diagnose my child with ADHD, she is not a psychologist. We have had him tested and he doesnt even meet the criteria of being ADHD. We have been to a psychologist and we have been told that his a brilliant child that is above his grade level and needs to be challenged in order for him to not be bored. More than 20% of students who are in grade school are misdiagnosed annualy for grades K-5. Thats a pretty high statistic considering thats about 1.5 million kids on average.

Greenland Pines Elementary School
5050 Greenland Road, Jacksonville, FL  32258
Last modified Greenland Pines Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.