745 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Abess Park Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2016
Abess sucks kids drinking one kid smoked And did not get in trouble ms. Shore would pull my son in and yell at him for no reason if I where you don't put you child in that school.

Posted April 28, 2015
Abess Park is a great school. The teachers are dedicated and caring. The school is safe and clean. Abess Park is the best!!

Posted July 31, 2014
Excellent school ,Mrs .Rossborough is a great Teacher ,Mrs,Flemings Great teacher and Mrs.Arbor ...so sad we have to move to another zone..

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter loves this school and as a parent so do I, the teachers are welcoming and very helpful

Abess Park Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2013
My child is not challenged in the classroom and is bored. The home work is at the level expected 2 grades lower. The teacher teaches to the lowest level in the classroom and we are looking for another school where our child will be challenged and pushed beyond very basic skills.

Posted May 18, 2011
As part of the new re-zoning in the Duval County Public Schools, my daughter was assigned to attend Abess Park next year. We received the invitation for the Abess Park School Open House. We attended the Open House yesterday and our experience was AWESOME!!!. The welcome and harmonious atmosphere was great. All the staff (Principal, Vice Principal , teachers and other support personnel) were most helpful. The school also organized a group of current students from the school to help by providing tours around the school to the prospective new students and their parents. I think that was a GREAT idea! We feel confident and are looking forward to having a great school year for our daughter. Thank You!

Posted November 27, 2010
Abess Park Elementary is a fantastic school! My eldest left Abess and went right into Landmark Honors well prepared. My youngest in fourth grade maintains a high grade point average thanks to all of her dedicated teachers. Mrs. Wells knows the students by name and is continuously in the classrooms. Every phone call or note that I have sent in to Mrs. Wells or the teacher was answered immediately and professionally. Children and parents are treated with the utmost respect. Lots of positive incentives for the children. PTA is very involved and supportive. Abess Park is #1!

Abess Park Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2010
As a new parent/student I was disappointed at the disorganization and lack of communication at this school, starting with orientation. Orientation lasted about 10 min in the cafeteria, where we were given two handouts concerning PTA. "No" instructions on car rider lanes, parent pick up, daily school running and most importantly no introduction or sight of the principal. Teachers were introduced, we followed a guide to the classrooms where the classroom was is absolute disarray. Parents walked around the classroom for 5 minutes and the teacher said we would go over everything at open house, which happens to be a month after schools starts. Every time I asked to meet with the teacher or get questions answered I was put off until a later date or their was no response. Principal does not return phone calls and doesn't communicate with parents. Very hands off principal.

Posted February 25, 2010
I couldn't say enough good things about Abess Park. My son adores it, the teachers are kind and caring. The school truly has a family like atmosphere.

Posted March 31, 2009
I can't say enough good things about Abess. My daughter went to Abess from K-5 then to Landmark 6-8 in Honors Academy. She has been accepted into Paxon IB program for high school not just because she is smart but because she was given the academic background she needed to become successful. My other daughter is in 5th now & will be going to Landmark Honors again with the great training from Abess. They have many rewards in place for students that excel in one way or another - academics, attendance, sports, behavior, etc. Last, but not least, they do not tolerate disruptive and poorly behaved students. You can be assured that if there is a safety issue or a child that disupts the class, they will be sent to the office so it does not take away from the other students learning.

Abess Park Elementary School
12731 Abess Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32225
Last modified Abess Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.