874 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 02, 2015
My daughter has attended this school for the past four years. I absolutely love the fact that they are required to wear uniforms but can wear whatever type of closed toe shoes. The teachers, staff and principle are awesome! I believe that this school has not received the recognition that it deserves. It truly dispels the public school stereo type. I am very pleased and would recommend this school to anyone.

Twin Lakes Academy Elementary School 3

Posted March 28, 2015
This school has a HUGE number of students. Because of this, its hard for children to get the one on one attention they deserve. Some teachers here are better than others. Some teachers and staff are down right mean. It all depends on the teacher you get. The common core curriculum has really made it difficult for these teachers to be creative. Unfortunately this is a typical public school - nothing fantastic about it. My son is in Kindergarten and doesn't even get outside every day to play. His teacher Ms. Meide was fantastic. My daughter is in second grade and her teacher was not so great.

Twin Lakes Academy Elementary School 1

Posted January 02, 2014
Overcrowded.No attempt for individual growth.Waiting 45 minutes to pick up my child is not acceptable.

Posted August 06, 2013
Prior to sending my son to TLAE I had my son in a private school. Sometimes I wonder why I ever spent the money to do that. TLAE is an exemplary elementary school. I have found the teachers to be caring, concerned and committed. I take the opportunity to meet my son's teacher every year, develop a relationship with them and establish an open communication throughout the year. As much as possible I try to participate in the Science Fairs, Boosterthon and whatever activities the school sponsors. My experience with the office staff, the principal, the teachers and everyone with whom I've come in contact has been very positive. I am proud of the fact that my son is a student at TLAE!

Twin Lakes Academy Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2011
this school is fine good techers and every thing techers gotta improve the prencipal is great and students got to be come better

Twin Lakes Academy Elementary School 2

Posted July 11, 2011
My daughter was in the 3rd grade there last year. Loved her teacher but was absolutely terrified to speak, walk down the halls or to even ask for water, ketchup, etc., during lunch! She is pretty quiet & shy anyways. This school has not helped her self esteem at all!

Twin Lakes Academy Elementary School 1

Posted June 23, 2011
Left messages with principal, never called back. No communication in this school. Code red and yellows it seemed like all the time. Fights quite regularly that they can't control. Not going back.

Posted April 27, 2011
I am a parent of a child at TLAE...I am actually appaled with the comment from the parent who has 3 children at TLAE commenting on the Principal only being concerned with dimissal procedures. Apparently this parent was not here when we had several students/parents almost hit by a car at car dismissal AND car arrivals. First of all I pick up my child in the car rider line DAILY and I have NEVER had to wait more than 10-15 minutes to pick up my child. For those parents who arrive at 1:30pm to pick up their child at 2:50pm is creating their own problems. Also as far as the Principal not being concerned about the school grade/FCAT scores, this parent apparently does not know what really goes on in the school or in the classroom daily to see how hard the teachers/administrators and students work DAILY to make sure our students are ready not only for FCAT but being a productive citizen in the future. And my last commnet is "Mrs. Robertson is the best thing that has ever happened to TLAE.

Twin Lakes Academy Elementary School 3

Posted March 03, 2011
This used to be the greatest sch when my kids started .1 is a middle schooler now ,the 2nd in 4th grade and 3rd in 2nd grade .My 4th one will join the kindergarten next year but for the first time I feel I dont want her in this school anymore.I always had the best things to say about the school but now I feel its all about buses, cars and parking ....education is no where to be seen .The principle is really obsessed with the cars coming in the school instead of the falling Fcat scores and the school going to a "B " grade school .My kids are walkers as the buses don't come to my area and there is no way u would want to wait in the 45 min long car pool line.But thsi woman is so much about the school dismissal that my kids were actually standing on the road today as they would not let the walkers stand inside the school till the parents park somewhere and reach to pick the kids. I am totally shocked with how smoothly everything was running when sweet Ms.Menard was the principle compared to the principle today !!!! She does not care if a first grader comes under a car waiting on the roadside for the parent to reach . I will honestly not recommend this school to anybody anymore .

Twin Lakes Academy Elementary School 4

Posted February 09, 2011
Enrollment 1300+ (126%) ,with10 portables (2 no bathrooms). Approx. 12 rooms have 36 kids with 2 teachers. Art, music, computers are every 14 days. Opened as technology magnet, PC room now split for more classroom space. Only 10 acres with no room to expand or park. No gym; PE often walking/running bus loop or bike safety video. Lunch 10:10 to 1:30. Kids bussed from 8 mi. away and dismissal takes 20-30 minutes reducing educational time. School moved from an "A" to a "B" (lowest 1/4 progress). Teachers are wonderful and manage to overcome these obstacles, but quality of education has suffered in recent years due to the overcrowding trend . A relief school is still 3-5 years away. 'Green Team' in 4th mentoring, technocat AM video and safety patrol. Building lovely with sculpture tiles children made over the years. PTA put awnings over play equipment & installed playground for K. Science, literary and math family nights are wonderful though parking a nightmare. Library and "gifted" program are very good.

Twin Lakes Academy Elementary School
8000 Point Meadows Drive, Jacksonville, FL  32256
Last modified Twin Lakes Academy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.