Twin Lakes Academy Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1382 students

Sweep tile

Posted yesterday

Worst school I have ever been to in my entire life. It's ghetto, it's lazy, the staff is rude, and the students are impossible. I learnt absolutely nothing from this school. Class is constantly disrupted, and when the teachers try take charge (which they never do), the students get into a yelling war. The only thing that made it worth my time was my Civics teacher, who actually made an effort to teach. To parents considering sending your children to this school - Unless you want your children to hate themselves and you, I suggest don't sending them here as bullying and hazing is constant, as well as fights breaking out every other day.

Posted October 11, 2013

dearest twin lakes, i swear I will get every person to know how terrible your school is and how fake your bullying policy and rules are xo ps: to bad I couldn't give it 0 stars

Posted October 11, 2013

LISTEN HERE YOU GUYS LET PEOPLE GO AROUND BEIN ALL FULL OF DEM sCELFS AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT

Posted August 1, 2013

My daughter brittany ware went to that school she made lots of friends at that school plus she was getting extra help with homework plus it was next to her sisters school the elemt school and close to our home

Posted February 22, 2013

This school is not a school that I would ever send a student to. They are NOT an " A " school ... they might think they are but they aren't. Our son went there for 2 years too many... He learned nothing. He was jumped by another kid at school and the administration just stood over them and did nothing. They are not capable of being honest with parents and as far as communication goes you can forget that also. The teachers are out of control as are the students. They run the school like a jail and do not allow the students to learn any social skills by keeping them locked up in the lunchroom at tables . They do not allow the students to go outside and enjoy the wonderful Florida weather. The only good thing that we got from this school is AWAY FROM IT !!!!!!!!!!!! I wish that I would of been able to do more looking before I enrolled our son to this environment . It did more harm to his learning then it did good. I warn you as a parent DON'T ENROLL YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL . Don't trust your child with the adults of this school. There were more fights at this school then I have ever seen in any other school. Our son was terrified most days because of all the fights in the halls.

Posted August 2, 2012

I really do love this school. I went here for 2 years (6th and 7th). And so upset i have to leave it this 8th grade year. I've meet some of the nicest teachers here that mean the world to me. But most of them annoy me and don't know what they are doing. Other than that its pretty amazing. (:

Posted July 31, 2012

This was the worst schoo l iever been too. I got bullied and the teachers or principal are no help at all when it comes to that. 6th grade was awful. It was the most ghettoest trashed school ive ever been too. It deserves to be burned down.

Posted November 22, 2011

I attended this middle school for my 8th grade year. Compared to the two other middle schools that i attended, this school was very decent. The student body was mostly respectful, with a few exceptions (but that's to be expected.) The teachers and administrators were very good.

Posted November 14, 2011

this school has been on the news more than one time. Teachers lose kids items and some teachers are just very bad at what they do. there are a lot of arguments and fights going on i feel trapped at this school cant wait to leave this horrible school!!! Also the principles are very unfair even teachers don't like them.

Posted November 1, 2011

Love this school so much what a great environment except a couple of kids that really make the school bad but hey still a good school Mr.Kristol Is my favorite teacher he I awesome 8th graders might be a problem with the starters they pick on sixth graders like me but hey great school

Posted October 2, 2011

Daughter just started in 6th grade. She is in the advanced classes. So far we have been happy with the diversity, curriculum, communication and more importantly, she likes being a part of a community school. Class size is also small. Only teacher I am not impressed with is Ms. Bond. I did call the principal to convey my concerns and my call was promptly responded too. There is always going to be one or two bad teachers. Overall, happy with the academic standing, discipline and school.

Posted September 18, 2011

this school is horrible. the teachers are too up in students business to even teach. alot of teachers look at younger gurls too its like yo how old are you 50? i mean forreal nobody should do that. i wouldnt recomeend this school for anyone. also the 6th graders think they the best. everyone here tries to hard to be loud its so annoying. hate everything and everyone here. sometimes they have good food though.

Posted July 26, 2011

I attended Twin Lakes Middle for the first year for 6th grade. At first it was OK, meaning everybody was okay- meaning the students. In the middle of the year people started to change their attitudes. I didn't like this one bit. he teachers were also changing but not much. Since the influx of new students for the 2010-2011 year, their were lots of different type of people. The worst of all grades were the 8th graders. I woudlnt exactly recommend this school to anyone except a person who doesnt really get into education stuff- ACTUALLY I'D RECOMMED A MAGNET SCHOOL! Its not such a bad school... Most of all UI'd say that hopefully this was my first and last year at TLAM!!!

Posted July 29, 2010

2010-11 will be my 3rd year teaching at TLAM. I enjoy the "team" atmosphere among teachers. Staff are very friendly and willing to help their collegues. Students are much better behaved than at my previous school. I am comfortable with TLAM and would allow my own child to attend here! :)
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 21, 2010

My friend told me I should go there and after the first school year I had learned soooo much and had so many great expriences with bith the teachers and the students. Any parent that wants there child to get life experince and learn all at the same time should definetly send thier child to Twin Lakes Academy Middle. GO TIMBERWOVELS!

Posted January 12, 2010

I love working at Twin Lakes Academy Middle School! I am working on my 6th year at this school and I couldn't be happier. It has a variety of educational programs to meet students various learning styles and special needs, a competent Gifted curriculum, is clean and safe, well-stocked with supplies, has intelligent and youthful faculty members, and encourages independant and creative solutions to teaching our varied student populations. I have happily provided my students over the years with a variety of alternative creative projects which have pushed them to intellectual and artisitc limits - - and I know for a fact that those assignments have been treasured, since several students still contact me to tell me how much they learned in my class and how thankful they we to have me as a teacher. I would highly recommend this school to students who are above average.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 5, 2009

Best school ever even if i felled math it is the best school teachers there are really nice they are fair and really helpful spec ms.Pope shes nice to she gives you a wroning first time you act up then she writes you up but only if you are bad i have alot to say but to make this short i really enjoyed this school year in 6 grade i cant wait till 7th so if you are looking for a school a good one then twin lakes is the one i am glad that i went there!

Posted June 2, 2009

This schools teachers are fun;; but teach not only the math ect. but also life skills i know this becouse i went to twin lakes elementry and middle and now im gratduating high school and middle was one of the best.

Posted May 26, 2009

I love this school so much I can't even explain how much, the teachers are so nice and so helpful, they teach the subject so clearly and understandable, they don't give us alot of homework but as a 8th grader they make us work hard as we can for high school, but still not that many homeworks. I love this school, and I not only have student friend but I also have teacher friends, the teacher does not only teacher us but their also our friends, I have one read180 teacher who is like my second mom I love her so much and if u also have a teacher like that please don't upset her! -Thank you!

Posted May 6, 2009

This school is awesome. The teachers teach everything in a way that we can understand it. The Principal has everything in order and won't stand misbehavior. Everything is very organized and I feel very safe.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

471 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2013.

473 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

463 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

464 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

446 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 56% in 2013.

445 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 47% in 2013.

445 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 79% in 2013.

436 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

496 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

356 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

n/a
Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

23 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian 9% 3%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 3%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music