803 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Enterprise Learning Academy 4

Posted November 09, 2015
My kids have all attended E.L.A. their entire school years from k through 5th. It is a very clean school with great teachers ,overall. Sure their is a few teachers I would not want my kids to be in class with, due to excessive yelling. Their are some very amazing teachers here too. Mrs. Jackson, Mrs. Sims, Mrs. Barnhardt, Mrs.Diane Linn, Mrs.Mixon, Mrs.Pazhaniswamy ,Mr.Hamilton, Mrs. Byerly, Mrs. Weaver, Mrs.Blumberg, Mrs. Shingles,and a few many more! This school has seen three new Principals and staff shifts during the time my kids have been there. For the most part, the teachers care a lot about the students well being and if their is a conflict , the solution is not far away. I do not find the guidance counselor to be of much help, however. I found going directly to the Principal was best. The office staff are overworked and at times frazzled, but always try to be polite. The lunch room is loud and can cause headaches for the students from the acoustics of the design. Overall, I've been pleased.

Enterprise Learning Academy
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 09, 2015
Mrs. Mixon was a Godsend for my anxious child. She understood his OCD, and put him at ease.

Enterprise Learning Academy 2

Posted December 13, 2014
Education is mediocre at best, school staff members are hit or miss as mentioned by previous reviews. The principal is very attentive to parents and children. I really do like her a lot (as she promptly resolved a major incident we had with a substitute teacher). Most of the staff members to include teachers, look like they are busy trying to keep up with the flow of all the students. While other staff members are rude, they tend to ignore you in the main office and avoid eye contact. (lovely) Not sure what the budget is like, but my son has mentioned watching "Bill Nye the Science Guy" as part of his science lesson, that worries me a lot. Long story short, we are moving out of this district and not waiting on a military transfer option.

Posted August 13, 2014
Well this is gonna be my first year and im scared Because im new but so far i see very good comments So my worries go away

Enterprise Learning Academy 2

Posted October 06, 2013
We just to moved to Jacksonville, so this is our first year at Enterprise. I am giving it a 3 because it seems to be hit or miss the education you receive based on the teacher you get. The new principal is unhelpful, unfriendly, and unorganized. The curriculum is behind compared to the neighboring districts. The administrative staff is nice, but so overworked, they are falling apart. Some of the teachers are outstanding, some are not. Communication is the scholl's major pitfall because they want help from the parents, but don't let you know what is going on. Best case scenario, you get an amazing teacher who communicates regularly. Worst case scenario, you get a teacher who doesn't seem to know what is going on, doesn't communicate, and your child falls behind or their needs gets ignored completely.

Enterprise Learning Academy 1

Posted May 11, 2013
Horribly organized and care more about the grades than the kids education. I so agree with that!!!!. As most parents, I feel, the principal is very intolerant lady not open to dialogue. So impertinent that can be rude at times. The education is not up to par with schools that get B C or even D in other states. My son is a straight student, but I don't feel his education is any good!!!

Posted April 04, 2013
We love ELA! They offer so many extra-curricular activities for children and families. Every month they have "Pizza and Practice" nights where you can go and learn more about what things your child is learning in a specific subject. I know they provide 30 minutes each day of individualized work/activity/tutoring. I think the teachers do a good job of trying to focus on my childrens' individual needs to help them when they struggle/challenge them when they need it. Last year they had an evening event where every classroom was a country and you could walk around and see all the things the students created through their learning of the country. They even gave you passports to carry around and have stamped by each teacher whose room you visited! We loved the Egypt room where my kids got to write their name using hieroglyphics and create paper pyramids! The Principal is my only complaint but they cycle them every 3-5 years so I'm not too worried about her being there much longer. Every school has it's challenges but I don't really think some of the previous comments were warranted. Maybe those families didn't know about or participate in any of the wonderful events that ELA offers?!

Enterprise Learning Academy 1

Posted December 22, 2012
Horribly disorganized, care more about tests than the children's education. The principal Mrs Brown cares more about how she the school looks on the outside than what they are learning. My daughter came to that scho with a A-B average and left 3 yrs later after MULTIPLE teacher changes, with a C average. We moved and the school where we are at cares. Free tutoring, free supplies, great programs after and during school. Just a really positive learning environment. When and if we move back to Jax my children WILL NOT be going to ELA. I'd rather homeschool them. Oh and FYI - they only had one lockdown drill last yr and 4 fire drills. The office staff hates the principal. :( just a sad school.

Posted June 09, 2012
I am extremily sad im going to 5th grade and my kindergarden teacher and one of my 1st grade teachers were good my writing 4th grade teacher rocks and i know im gonna miss my school when i go to lavilla or oakleaf

Posted August 09, 2010
AWESOME SCHOOL! The whole staff is nothing but A+. This is my daughter's 4th year in attendance & I wouldn't have it any other way. Now I'm just nervous of the Middle School they are sent to.. THAT is another story...

Enterprise Learning Academy
8085 Old Middleburg Road South, Jacksonville, FL  32222
Last modified Enterprise Learning Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Enterprise Learning Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top