Chet's Creek Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1281 students

Posted September 19, 2006

Great resources, but I can't say much about the teaching. My child has been there for three years, and it keeps getting worse. They tell me all the time what he can't do, yet he can do it all at home. I don't feel the teachers really teach, I think they basically all expect the children to learn at home and than show the teachers what they can do when they get to school. Appalling. Principal and teachers have favorites, which is expected, but they are so obvious about it that it is disgusting.

Posted August 22, 2006

The best feedback a parent can give about a school is the progress the children are making academically and the happiness that shines thru them when they are truly happy in a school. I have two girls that have attended this school and I have been extremely happy with the school. Most importantly my girl loved going to school everyday. Props to Miss Crandall, Ms Donalson, Ms Calvarese... and the many more teachers that have impacted my daughters lives in a positive way.

Posted August 2, 2006

Our son had a great Kindergarten year, and he is looking forward to the first grade. It's all about getting the right teacher, and if you are lucky enough to do that your child is in good hands. It is my opinion that most teachers at all schools are not so great, but we really lucked out, and hopefully the fact that he had a great K teacher will bless us with luck for the rest of his time at Chet's Creek.

Posted July 17, 2006

Chet's creek is a great school! My daughter had a wonderful kindergarten teacher who encouraged her to do well in school. The school itself has excellent staff and a lot of parental involvement.

Posted May 17, 2006

Basically a good school for a public school. I'm transferring my daughter out before she has to go to Middle School though.

Posted August 19, 2005

Chets Creek has excellent leadership staff. Staff in office is excellent. Past two years hvae been amazing and wonderful.

Posted May 3, 2005

This school is completely worthless unless your child is a robot. I am completely unimpressed. Everyone has told me what a fabulous school it is. This school may have high test scores, but it does not care bout the students that are having a little trouble. My son is smart, and can do everything he's expected to do for a normal kindergartener at home, but does nothing at the school. He must think the place is as worthless as I do.

Posted March 31, 2005

My son has been in this school since 1st grade my son is ADHD. The teacher's have been very supportive to my son. They actually take the time to call me and give me feedback on my son. Mrs Chants was his 2nd grade teacher and she is an exceptional teacher, we need more teachers like her.

Posted March 14, 2005

This school has lots of parental support but the class sizes are too large and the school is overcrowded. This is a problem in other schools in the district also.

Posted October 11, 2004

This school is considered one of the best in the county, but i do not agree.The principal is too lax with the staff because she is friends with them. The office staff, especially the front desk lady are very mean.The front desk clerk is always playing on her computer ignores children and parents who come in.We have talked with the principal many times but it continues because they are friends. My child has suffered because of this and is afraid to go to the clinic/office because he will be treated badly.Most of the teachers are new or first year teachers.The school has a problem retaining teachers.My son's teacher was supposed to 'loop' the class up to the next grade and then just quit. Now the class is split to different rooms.The school is very cliqueish and they shun us less affluent parents because we can't do the extras. Unacceptable treatment!

Posted June 22, 2004

My girls have thrived at this school! They love to learn and the teachers are so dedicated.

Posted April 27, 2004

This is my daughter's first year in this school. The school does a lot of family functions and that is great. What I do not like is that the classes are too big and my daughter's first grade teacher is not what I would expect from a teacher.

Posted April 20, 2004

What can I say. Chets Creek is awesome. Knowing that my child is receiving a top notch education while I'm at work is a great deal of relief. They have after and before school care if needed. Before I moved to Florida I heard how horrible their school systems were. Chets Creek is above and beyond most schools I've visited in the nation. I am now looking to finish my career in the Jacksonville area so that my child can attned Chets Creek as long as possible. Thanks. Marcus

Posted April 8, 2004

This is our first year at this school and the difference is remarkable! I see why this school is an A+...

Posted January 8, 2004

Chet's Creek Elementary is top notch. Everything is run very efficiently and with a wonderful, positive attitude that is contagious. My son just adores his teacher tells me that she treats all her students special. Although he came in at a high level for his grade, I am still pleased with his improvement during the year.

Posted November 17, 2003

The expectations at Chets Creek are like none other I have ever seen. As an educator and parent, I have been most impressed with the level of excellence that this school achieves in every category! A must see to believe! Results are outstanding!

Posted October 12, 2003

Although my children do not attend Chets Creek anymore (because they are in middle school now) I just had to write a comment about how great this school is! The standards are very high but my children are doing great in middle school because Chets Creek prepared them. The teachers are great! And if you send your child to this school I promise you that you won't be sorry.

Posted September 9, 2003

My children have been attending Chet's Creek for past 2 years. I am completely satisfied with teachers and staff at the school. The school is run effectively and efficently and at the highest of standards on an academic level. My children are very pleased and enjoy attending Chet's Creek.

Posted August 25, 2003

Very pleased. We have a child with special needs, and there is a caring and safe environment for our child!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

217 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

217 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

198 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

198 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

193 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

186 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

185 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

186 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

13200 Chets Creek Boulevard