1,302 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
Mrs. Wright and Ms. O are the bests. As room parent, it is great to be a part of this wonderful class. Being able to watching not only my child but all the children growing and have a great time learning. Teaching 37 children is BIG task and my hat goes off to these two wonderful teachers who do a fantastic job!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 08, 2015
To the staff at the front office. They are always kind and helpful to every person that comes through the door.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 08, 2015
Most are effective. Truly, the teachers are caring and kind and genuinely look out for the students best interest. The teachers strive to identify the needs and learning style of each student. If they are not effective it might be because they don't have enough time to attend so many students as the classes are overcrowded.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 08, 2015
While I feel it is just right according to today's standards and way of life for youth. I miss the way things were done "old school". But academics have changed and so it is a propo.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 08, 2015
Teachers genuinely care for the well being of their students. No stone is left unturned in developing the whole cchild and reaching academic excellence. If a student is struggling there is a process if intervention implemented to get them on track. No child is left behind.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 08, 2015
This school forments patriotic activities for our country. There are ongoing charitable activities for the less fortunate. The students academic needs are priority and they are treated with kindness and integrity.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 08, 2015
This school participates in numerous charitable activities. There are several opportunities ongoing throughout the year for giving on behalf of the families to help out those who are less fortunate..

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 08, 2015
I have personally seen on more than one occasion when teachers have corrected students for their behavior. They do not yell. They treat them with respect and rationalize the situation out. I was very happy to see this. I would want my child to be treated this way if they misbehaved or made a mistake.

Chet's Creek Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
My son attended Chet's Creek for his Kindergarten and 1st grade years. I regret having him there. I now have to take my child to counseling due to bullying. He was bullied in his Kindergarten year by a couple of kids. The teachers and principal excused the problem and did not address it. In his 1st grade year, he was bullied by his teacher. Adults know how to cover up their actions. When I called for a meeting with the principal, she again excused the issue. In fact, the principal and teacher said I was "attacking them" yet my child was afraid to go to school. The school made it difficult for my husband and I to monitor the class after I approached the teacher and princpal. They made it difficult for me to visit the class. They have damaged my child's self-esteem and confidence that I now have to take him counseling. I wish I could take them to court but nothing will change. I have also heard reports that this one teacher bullies other students. She should not teach. She states that she loves kids, yells and screams at kids. She states that she structured, yet she uses that as an excuses as being a bully and tells us parents that we cuddle our kids.

Chet's Creek Elementary School 5

Posted July 02, 2014
My children's school is Chets Creek Elementary. I am very pleased with this school. My children attended private school since they were 2 yrs. old. I was reluctant to enroll them in public school. Chets Creek took away all those ridiculous fears. The staff is always available and they are loving and firm. My children come home happy an eager to tell what they did in school. Their grades are excellent. The work is challenging. If the children have a need the teachers address it immediately. The environment is exciting, engaging and happy. Chets Creek is an awesome school! You cannot ask for more in a school. A refreshing break from private school where we were nickled and dimed for everything and I cannot see where it made a difference. If you can send your children to Chets Creek, do not waste your money on private school. Invest your time and or money in public school.

13200 Chets Creek Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32224
Last modified Chet's Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.