Posted July 02, 2014
My children's school is Chets Creek Elementary. I am very pleased with this school. My children attended private school since they were 2 yrs. old. I was reluctant to enroll them in public school. Chets Creek took away all those ridiculous fears. The staff is always available and they are loving and firm. My children come home happy an eager to tell what they did in school. Their grades are excellent. The work is challenging. If the children have a need the teachers address it immediately. The environment is exciting, engaging and happy. Chets Creek is an awesome school! You cannot ask for more in a school. A refreshing break from private school where we were nickled and dimed for everything and I cannot see where it made a difference. If you can send your children to Chets Creek, do not waste your money on private school. Invest your time and or money in public school.

Chet's Creek Elementary School 4

Posted January 27, 2014
My kids are in their 3rd year at CCE. Overall, it has been a great experience and I am happy with the school. The teachers we have had so far have been wonderful and caring. It seems like nearly all the kids at this school come from a good home background (good kids). Many parents are heavily involved in the classroom and extra activities. The curriculum is a little challenging as they go up in grades and they expect ALL students, no matter what, to be able to keep up. No extra attention or help seems to be given to those struggling, however, my kids have been able to keep up. The principal seems very passionate about the school. My only problem is the overcrowding. This year both of my kids have 40-41 students in their class (to two teachers). I find this totally unacceptable and wish they could fix this problem. But overall, it's been a good experience.

Chet's Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 06, 2013
Everyone I talked to said the school was great. So I was excited for my son to start. Well maybe I am one of the unfortunate ones because I'm not impressed. I think the school cares more about money and socializing than they do educating. The principal is overly friendly with the teachers. So if you have a problem she tends to back up the teacher instead of addressing the parents concerns. My sons teachers care more about social hour than teaching . I have noticed they have their favorites and ignore the ones who need extra help. Of course its easy to teach the "fast " learners. However, that's not what a good educator does. We are going to make it through the rest of this year but my son won't be returning. The classroom sizes are so overcrowded. So while the school is greatly funded, the education and concern for the children who attend is severely lacking.

Posted July 17, 2013
Best school ever. I went to Chet's Creek in 4th and 5th grade,, this school was amazing. They have "themed" years, for 4th grade it was like racecars and 5th it was "dreams do come true". I was in gifted class and it was okay, on certain days instead of going to my class I went to gifted class. My least favorite thing about gifted is that they do a musical every year and it seems that it's all they do in that class, we didn't do much else. We did get to go on a field trip to visit Daytona 500 racetrack and learned a lot. Teachers care a lot about the children and help them reach their potential. I loved my teachers and this school. I've been to many schools in my life and Chet's Creek will always be my favorite.

Chet's Creek Elementary School 2

Posted July 17, 2013
I had high hopes for Chets Creek after reading the great reviews. We went to the orientation and I thought it would be like any other orientation where you tour the school and meet the teachers. Needless to say I walked in the front office (where the staff ignored me for 20 mins) and found out my daughters room number and we walked to the class. The teachers were both dressed in very short dresses and 5 inch heels, not something I expected out of a teacher! They introduced themselves as Mrs. Morgan and Mrs. Cuipak and then gave me papers to fill out and continued to talk to each other about their husbands and home life. They didn't talk to me after introducing themselves or talk about the curriculum they would be using or anything school related at all! I figured maybe I just had a bad first impression of this school and it would get better through out the school year... it went down hill from day 1. My daughter will be repeating the 1st grade and I don't feel like this school is good for children unless you are there to socialize! I am hoping her transfer will go through and she will be able to attend another school for the 2013-2014 school year.

Chet's Creek Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
When my daughter started Kindergarten, I thought this school would be fantastic. Her teachers Ms. Johnson and Ms. Happ were awesome! The school staff sounded excited to have parent involvement and volunteers. I quickly realized they only wanted specific parents to volunteer. I ran into a couple of minor issues along the way. Overall Chets Creek is great. Most of the teachers are happy to explain things and meet with you about your child's progress, all you have to do is ask. My daughter had one not so great teacher in the 1st grade (may have been due to pregnancy hormones) and for most of that year did not seem as eager to go to school. She will be in the 5th grade this year, and due to her conduct and grades will be one of the best patrols ever! My son lucked out with his Kindergarten teacher (he also had Ms. Johnson) who looped up with her class for 1st grade. His 2nd grade teachers (Ms. Walag and Ms. Earnest) were equally wonderful! We are looking forward to 3rd and 5th this year. For all who are looking at this school - There is no PERFECT school, but Chets is as close as you can get! High standards for the children and encouraging staff.

Chet's Creek Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2013
I heard so many great things about CCE I was excited for my daughter to start kindergarten there. Kindergarten was pretty chaotic. She had 34 kids in her class with two teachers, one of which left to have her baby. Then she moved onto first grade. Same size classroom with two teachers who were unable to meet every childs needs, my child included. I get there is overcrowding and a lack of teachers but there needs to be some type of help for those students who learn slower than others and can't keep up with the "pact". From my experience, they don't mold the way they teach to accodomate the kids. If you know a child doesn't learn a particular way, doesn't a great teacher try different avenues? Not my kids teachers. They just move onto the next lesson and you better keep up. They are 6 and 7 yr olds and their foundation for learning gets affected negatively when that happens. I am not pleased at all. My daughter is going to second grade there only because my husband pleaded with me to give them one more year. So I will go into next year with an open mind but I'm not holding my breath. I feel like i'm in school with her because instead of the teachers teaching my child, I'm doing it.

Chet's Creek Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2013
My son started Chet's Creek Elem in 2010 in Kindergarten. He had the most loving, kind & patient teacher. There was only 18 kids in his class & he thrived!! She looped up with them, to 1st grade, & he also thrived! Then came 2nd grade. :( He was put in a class with 36 kids and 2 teachers who didn't seem to care for each other. And the "class room" was not even a class room. It was a resource room that was turned into a so called "class room". It has NO windows, no closets & there is so much stuff that covers every single space on the wall, it's mind-boggling!! Their desks are crammed together & as parents you can barely move around the room! I know the teachers hate the room, too, as they have expressed their distaste for being stuck in that room. I hope and pray that he gets a better teacher, next year or we will have to remove him. The teachers this year have no patience with a lot of their kids, unless they are "perfect". And it's sad that the teachers, from the previous year, give the future teacher a card on kids; so basically the new teacher already has her mind made up about the incoming kid, before he or she even enters her room. Let them form their own opinion!!

Posted December 28, 2012
Chets Creek is an amazing elementary school. We purposely bought our home in Johns Creek almost 7 years ago to ensure our son would attend Chets Creek. He has learned so much from the teachers there. I have read some of the comments and am sad to see ones about teachers expecting parents to help teach while they earn a paycheck. The only way your child will be successful in life is parent involvement. That means helping with the teaching, reinforcing the principals and rules and being involved in your child's classroom and with school events. It has been a wonderful 6 years at Chets Creek. I am sad to say this is our son's last year, as he is in 5th grade. I highly speak of this school and would recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to send their child there. I was never as excited about going to school as my son is. The enthusiasm of the teachers begins with the enthusiasm of the Principal, Mrs. Phillips.

Posted October 28, 2012
I love my daughter's teacher, Mrs. Alvarado, grade 1. She knows how to challenge them and bring out the best in them. Mrs. Alvarado holds them accountable for their actions and work. She was also our kindergarten teacher and we were blessed that she could loop up with them. Love Mrs. Alvarado!!!!!!

Chet's Creek Elementary School
13200 Chets Creek Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32224
Last modified Chet's Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chet's Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews.