Posted July 14, 2015
I would not recommend this school. Not all their teachers are certified or have their bachelor degrees even though it is a state regulation. If you would like to know if your child's teacher is certified by the state to teach go to fldoe.org website they have a certification lookup. You can look up certifications up by the teachers name or by their DOE number. This way you can find out for yourself if they really are registered. Or you can call the department of education and give them your teachers name. You can also ask the school for the teachers DOE number and look it up that way. The favoritism is huge in this school. If your child has an issue with one of the children who's parent works at the school you should just forget about it because it will be your child's fault no questions asked. I have had the administrator of this school straight out lie to my face. They do not properly handle issues, they discuss things of other students and parents that should not be discussed.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 14, 2015
Some of the teachers are great and some are terrible and should have never became teachers. I believe being a teacher is a calling. It is not something that you decided to do one day. Some of the teacher are rude and don't listen.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
When teachers talk down to students, lie, and antagonize students their will be no respect. Teachers think that they can say and do whatever they want some even talk badly about students in front of students. Student will not have respect for teacher that do not treat them with respect.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
I have been lied to on numerous occasions by the staff. If the staff is lying to you its never a good sign. If your child has an issue with a student that has a parent that works or teaches at the school the issue will not be resolved. It will automatically be your child's fault no questions asked.

Posted March 13, 2015
Old Plank Christian Academy is the best school that you could possibly choose for your child. We are completely satisfied with the school. Our children have excelled at OPCA and we continue to see the lessons they have been taught everyday. OPCA is accredited by NAPS & FCCAPS. The teachers are well qualified to teach and have passed all qualifications by the state of Florida to teach at OPCA. OPCA keeps my children safe... safety is demonstrated everyday by the procedures they have in place. Students are given SAT's in spring of each year. My children love their school, their teachers and the administration. If you want the best for your child this is the place for you!

Posted June 04, 2014
Would not recommend this school unless you want to pay for low rate public school education They have church members teaching at the school instead of well educated teachers. I do believe alot of the kids that come to this school have been kicked out of public schools. No discipline or consequences are given to the same children that seem to interrupt classes and take away from my child learning. I believe this could be a great school if they left the church members out and more educated staff especially administration. It is a place for your kids to have a mediocre future and I want more. The Bible is definitely not a priority in the classwork. Time was not set aside for Bible study, I thought I was paying full price with no scholarship for Christian education. Recommend look into other private Christian schools! What a disappointment this school turned out to be.

Posted June 25, 2013
My child was enrolled in this school & I eventually pulled her out before the year ended. My child was A B honor roll but failed in placement tests at 2 other local Christian schools. The staff does not care about anything but the money they can get out of you. They do not care about the safety of children in their care. I approached the staff about some safety issues at the school and was criticized for bringing it to their attention. I communicated weekly with the teacher about my child and they assured me that my child was well behaved and doing fine in class. When I brought up the safety problems all of a sudden my child was classified as a problem child. The staff is far from Christians, I expect more from a "church school". They definitely do not show a Christian attitude, I would not recommend this school to parents who care about the safety, education & morality of their child.

Old Plank Christian Academy 2

Posted September 24, 2012
My child has been to this school going on two years.Save your money, you are not getting anything different than what you get in a public school. No extra help for kids,no discapline in class.Can't maintain regular staff.The students are rude & cruel.The staffs priorities are way off.Keep it real,don't do a"Stepford"school.

Posted November 12, 2011
One word sums it up - "BLESSING!" That is exactly what our family considers this school. The lessons my children have been taught there are life lessons that I see them carrying with them year after year. I know that they are being well prepared for whatever the future holds for them and they certainly are confident in that themselves.

Posted July 12, 2011
My son started here in K3 and is now entering second grade. All of my children go to school there now. I absolutely love this school. They use common sense, LOVE the students, and it's just a great school. The teachers are very qualified and caring.

8964 Old Plank Road, Jacksonville, FL  32220
Last modified Old Plank Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Old Plank Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top