Bartram Springs Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 923 students

Posted Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Horrible school... We just moved from the north and so far , we are extremely unsatisfied with the process. If you're used to education in north, don't spend your time with the school and the school board. We sent probably 8 emails to the principal to make an appointment. No response from them yet. My son achieved second highest CRCT results in north and always a honor student and in the horizon class. They sent ESOL testing request to my son due to my accent. Because I'm European without considering his academic records and success. He is 5. th grade right now. He already took 5th grade reading classes in 3.grade in Rochester,NY. His IQ is 610. Even his previous principal called to talk to the principal to talk about his success ... However, there isn't any response from neither any of staff members nor the principal. The next step is to send a letter via my attorney to get a result from the board... If you love your kid, run from this area. Maybe it's 10 star school in south. But it doesn't deserve a star for the north. Unresponsive, uneducated principal and staff members...Very racist...Run run run...

Posted Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Agree... We moved from Atlanta as well. We sent 3 emails to the principal. We called her twice to request an appointment and meet with her. She doesn't have courtesy to respond . Usually, we get a response from our previous principal in 2-3 hours .Parents in this area are usually military based families. So, they don't really know what the good education is. Because they are continuously moving every year. I agree that they don't like Asians either. They don't realize that Asians have highest scores in the whole country. This principal and her staff should be removed immediately. I guess we will go to the school board as well.

Posted May 27, 2014

Great school, wonderful staff, very clean. Only thing I would change is the pressure they put on the little ones for the state tests and the lack of recess time for the olders ones. They ALL need that down-time. Give it to them. Maybe it will help releif the pressure for the state test :)

Posted April 2, 2014

I love this school and my kids have been going there for 2 years now. The principal and AP's are really nice. The front office Secretary is wonderful except for the new one. She need to pay more attention to the parents and visitors coming into the school. She is always on her computer and not paying much attention to the parents when they come in. She is mean at times and that need to change or she need to be put somewhere else when she doesn't have to deal with the public. As a parent we want to see and deal with the secretaries who are in good moods and pay attention you us when we come to the school. So I hope they do something about it soon.

Posted February 8, 2014

Don't let the "10" rating fool you! If your child is anything other than "average" and "typical" you will not be happy here, I have a child who has double exceptionalities - gifted and special needs. This school does not have the staff with enough experience to cater to either exceptionality much less a combination of both. The principal is disconnected and unreachable. My child has seen droves of classmates leave for St. John's County. They have outgrown there space and refuse to listen to parent concerns about overcrowding. The front office gossips about the children without regard for visitors sitting in the waiting area. Shameless.

Posted September 26, 2013

Bartram Springs is a great school, my daughter is in 5th grade and she loves it. Just wish the children could have recess daily. The ESE Department needs more help to better serve our children and our future.

Posted August 22, 2013

We have lived in Bartram Springs for 7 years. We love this community. Our 5 year old is in.Kindergarten. I am very impressed. Love the teachers and staff already.

Posted July 20, 2013

I have gone to this school since the doors first opened, The first year was awesome!!! I got so many friends, Everyone here is different just like at any school so there's always at least one kid that you have things in common with. It got hard when we had to switch classes because I felt like I had too always take all my stuff from class-to-class at too young of an age. And speaking of switching classes, Now from 3rd grade and up you have to switch which could be good because you'll be extra ready in Middle School. But a brand new Principal and assistant Principal and I graduated from Elementary School now and the principal should be pretty usto the school now, And I have gotten so many friends because everyone here has been so different and fun everyone at this school is fun i'll say that

Posted November 1, 2012

This is a great school with excellent teachers. The school is always clean and ordearly. It is a true blessing to have this school in our neighborhood. Two of my daughters have been going here since it opened its doors....

Posted August 17, 2012

The school is safe, friendly staff and overall a GREAT one among other schools in Jacksonville. The teachers are very caring, attentive and terrific at engaging the students. Especially our daughter's KG teacher Ms.Petrauskas was really great and creative one to mention and we saw a tremendous improvement in character and learning skills of our daughter during her first year in this school. Our daughter enjoys learning and is excited and ready for 2nd grade.

Posted June 24, 2012

My oldest daughter will be entering her 4th year at BSE and my youngest daughter is entering Kindergarten. The staff and teachers are phenomenal! We have been VERY happy here and look forward to many more wonderful years.

Posted June 22, 2012

My Son 1st year at this school and we love it... Great staff and teachers who truly care about the children future and success!!!

Posted January 12, 2012

My child started Bartram springs 2after weeks ago. His teacher seemed unwelcoming. Our son was never introduced to the class. He came home not wanting to go back because his teacher "was only nice to the other teachers and yells at the kids". On his 2nd day he informed me that he was punished for not getting his work done. His second day! Talk about pressure for a 7 year old! My son has always prided himself in doing his best in his school work to andhis behavior. He was and still is devastated. He gets an " ok" stamp every day instead of his usual and well deserved "great" that he got at his old school. I have spoke to the teacher, but there has been little changed. My son told me that he was bullied and the boy was sent to the principals office. I have not been informed nor contacted. I have requested a meeting with the principal, but have not heard from anyone in a week. I have heard great things about this school, so I am very disappointed at how it seems to have an extreme lack of order, encouragement, and definitely a lack of positive attitudes. :-( I don't feel that my son is in any danger of physical harm so that is why I will give one star...

Posted November 15, 2011

i went here last year great school im in middle school now mr. strickland is the best GO EAGLES!!!!!!

Posted August 20, 2011

The school is really good. Teachers are very helpful and polite. They are good in answering emails and discuss students' progress with parents very regularly.

Posted June 13, 2011

This was my son's 2nd year at Bartram Sprinmgs (Kindergarten last year and 1st grade this year.) We love Bartram Springs! He has loved both years. So many great activities and such a great learning environment. The teachers and Principal Strickland are so involved and seem to really enjoy what they do.

Posted December 14, 2010

I love this Bartram Springs school. This is one of the wonderful school in Florida. My son loves his teacher, principal and the school. The principal is a great person helping the school to bring it to a great standard.

Posted November 12, 2010

Great school!! the kids will sure have a wonderful and great start on their school career.

Posted August 2, 2010

We love Bartram Springs Elementary school, the teachers are wonderful and Principal Strickland is a great role model for the kids. It seems that 90% of the kids live in Bartram Springs, I love seeing them each morning bike riding or walking to schools. We are looking forward to another great school year. The only problem seemed to be community involvement with the school.

Posted July 17, 2010

I feel like the teachers were more involved with their personal lives than helping their students.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

138 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

138 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

126 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

96 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2008-2009.

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 2%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

14799 Bartram Springs Parkway