Jacksonville, FL

Bartram Springs Elementary School 2

Posted January 06, 2015
If your kids have a disability (ADHD&Asperger or OCD), this school is certainly for not your kids. The school is totally busy homework oriented. They keep kids busy with an extraordinary amount of homeworks and exams. My kid usually goes to the bed around 10:30 pm in order to finish his homework. The success on state tests is resulted from the busy work. The school doesn't believe the recess. So kids can go out and play only once or twice in a month during their recess time. When kids came to the home, they should make everyday at least 2 I ready test reviews, Pearson Value review, the language homework, the math homework, science homework, 35 minutes reading,and should get ready for the every week exam. Additionally the school hesitates to establish individual 504 plans for learning disabilities, even you have a doctor's note stating that it is necessary to accommodate.
2 people found this helpful

Bartram Springs Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2014
Great school, wonderful staff, very clean. Only thing I would change is the pressure they put on the little ones for the state tests and the lack of recess time for the olders ones. They ALL need that down-time. Give it to them. Maybe it will help releif the pressure for the state test :)

Bartram Springs Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
I love this school and my kids have been going there for 2 years now. The principal and AP's are really nice. The front office Secretary is wonderful except for the new one. She need to pay more attention to the parents and visitors coming into the school. She is always on her computer and not paying much attention to the parents when they come in. She is mean at times and that need to change or she need to be put somewhere else when she doesn't have to deal with the public. As a parent we want to see and deal with the secretaries who are in good moods and pay attention you us when we come to the school. So I hope they do something about it soon.

Bartram Springs Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2014
Don't let the "10" rating fool you! If your child is anything other than "average" and "typical" you will not be happy here, I have a child who has double exceptionalities - gifted and special needs. This school does not have the staff with enough experience to cater to either exceptionality much less a combination of both. The principal is disconnected and unreachable. My child has seen droves of classmates leave for St. John's County. They have outgrown there space and refuse to listen to parent concerns about overcrowding. The front office gossips about the children without regard for visitors sitting in the waiting area. Shameless.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2013
Bartram Springs is a great school, my daughter is in 5th grade and she loves it. Just wish the children could have recess daily. The ESE Department needs more help to better serve our children and our future.

Posted August 22, 2013
We have lived in Bartram Springs for 7 years. We love this community. Our 5 year old is in.Kindergarten. I am very impressed. Love the teachers and staff already.

Posted July 20, 2013
I have gone to this school since the doors first opened, The first year was awesome!!! I got so many friends, Everyone here is different just like at any school so there's always at least one kid that you have things in common with. It got hard when we had to switch classes because I felt like I had too always take all my stuff from class-to-class at too young of an age. And speaking of switching classes, Now from 3rd grade and up you have to switch which could be good because you'll be extra ready in Middle School. But a brand new Principal and assistant Principal and I graduated from Elementary School now and the principal should be pretty usto the school now, And I have gotten so many friends because everyone here has been so different and fun everyone at this school is fun i'll say that

Posted November 01, 2012
This is a great school with excellent teachers. The school is always clean and ordearly. It is a true blessing to have this school in our neighborhood. Two of my daughters have been going here since it opened its doors....

Posted August 17, 2012
The school is safe, friendly staff and overall a GREAT one among other schools in Jacksonville. The teachers are very caring, attentive and terrific at engaging the students. Especially our daughter's KG teacher Ms.Petrauskas was really great and creative one to mention and we saw a tremendous improvement in character and learning skills of our daughter during her first year in this school. Our daughter enjoys learning and is excited and ready for 2nd grade.

Posted June 24, 2012
My oldest daughter will be entering her 4th year at BSE and my youngest daughter is entering Kindergarten. The staff and teachers are phenomenal! We have been VERY happy here and look forward to many more wonderful years.

Bartram Springs Elementary School
14799 Bartram Springs Parkway, Jacksonville, FL  32258
Last modified Bartram Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bartram Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top