700 students|Duval

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Global Outreach Charter Academy 1

Posted August 07, 2016
The principal will lie straight to your face. The assistant principal told my childs class to just leave school if they was having a bad day. The two discipline people dont even have experience in the classroom. One is the bosses kid (I wonder how he got that job). One student bragged that his dad knew mr soroka and even when the teachers wrote him up for being bad, he laughed because he knew nothing bad was going to happen. The kids run the school because the principal is a joke. This school is a a complete mess and once my oldest graduated I immediately pulled my other two out. and I'm so happy it got a D rating. Maybe the district will shut it down just like the other global outreaches in Florida were. Alot of the teachers aren't even certified and are considered long term subs because they cant pass the test.but if you don't want certified teachers teaching your child, this is the place to send them. My youngest daughters pe teacher is one but he's Russian so I'm sure at Global that makes it okay. Finally if your child had mr d for english at the school feel blessed. He was tge single bright spot in the three darkest years of my oldest childs middle school life. She never opened a book in her life and now because of Mr d she won't stop reading. If you read this thank you. Be prepared parents for a revolving door of teachers that will effect your kids learning..

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 07, 2016
Mr D, Thank you so much for teaching my daughter English. She would always come home and talk about how fun you made class and she kept bringing home these open ended questions that we would talk about at dinner. I remember one time she was reading a book in class and every night she would ask what if questions like what if we couldn't see color how would I described the color yellow. She immediately asked me to take her to the book store and we bought her a Kindle for her birthday. You are a gift to my family and we can never thank you enough. My only regret was never telling you this in person

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 07, 2016
This is an impossible question to answer. Mr d, Mrs lee, Mrs Rodriguez were all fantastic the rest wanted a paycheck

Develops grit: Agree

Posted August 07, 2016
But in the wrong way. Because they deal with new teachers constantly the students learn to adapt

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 07, 2016
Some teachers but not all. And definitely not the administration. Maybe a lesson on what kids go through would help

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 20, 2016
The teacher first grade and 2nd grade. Miss Tyson she have compassion for the children's and parents suporte, 2nd grade Miss Harper she doing hard job for the children is my son doing something wrong she tell me everything I'm work together for my son

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 20, 2016
One teacher absence the other said, I do not math or language. In both teacher doing the bullying.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 09, 2015
I would really love to say a HUGE THANK YOU to the founders of this school, MR. and MRS. SOROKA, who were led by their vision from day one and until now. It is their endless dedication, selfless commitment, and the constant drive to give that keep this school a very special school. It is a family school, every child is paid attention to in a very unique way, every parent is contacted on a regular basis. They keep me posted about my child's progress and show we together can achieve success in my daughter's academic journey. A HUGE THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN, Mr. and Mrs. Soroka. You efforts do not remain invisible, as we, parents, see the lives of our kids transformed for the brighter future. May God continue blessing your service for our children!

Global Outreach Charter Academy 5

Posted October 22, 2015
The school is great. I looked at many options before I chose Global Outreach. The principal is so caring and professional. The school is doing everything they can to hold a high standard in education and care for their students. The classrooms are smaller than in public schools. I really like that the school has uniforms, makes it so much easier on me as a parent. I feel safe taking my kids to this school every day.

Global Outreach Charter Academy 5

Posted September 25, 2015
They have an Admin team that really cares, dedicated teachers, incredible support staff, and students that want to learn! A truly great school that cares.

9570 Regency Square Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32225
Last modified Global Outreach Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.