Global Outreach Charter Academy 2

Posted October 20, 2014
TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT My daughter went to this school for 6th grade. When she came back from Christmas break we found out her Language teacher had left. She was heart broken. Two weeks after that her History teacher left. Two weeks after that her Math teacher left. That's when I knew I had to take her out of there. The owner of the school is acting as Principal and has NO CLUE how to properly run a school. He is a joke. The teachers that were good left and went to A schools of course. The kids are overall well behaved. The admin staff is rude and just horrible. They suck big time! If you don't want to ruin your kid's school year PLEASE DO NOT send them to GOCA. My daughter had so much catching up to do at her next school it wasn't even funny! Thank God she still managed to finish her grade with honors. When teachers start leaving schools like that trust me, there is a reason. I'm glad we didn't stick around to find out why. What ever the reason couldn't be good. It is was, they would still be there.

Posted September 19, 2014
This school is so far a awesome school. My nephews and niece's are attending and one of them graduated this year from high school. she did so great in school and was so advance thanks to Goca and the teachers there..

Global Outreach Charter Academy 1

Posted September 15, 2014
This school lost many good teachers last year in the middle school. My child was very upset, and I have never seen a school with such a high teacher turnover rate. They had to replace almost all of their middle grades staff, and the website reveals that even more teachers decided not to return. The school is in a bad area of town, bathrooms have to be watched for fights, students are dismissed from a mall parking lot. There are barely any sports teams. Special ed and students who don't speak English are served, but only barely, as these departments are very understaffed. As a result of this, we decided not to enroll any of our other children at GOCA. My child complained daily that students were misbehaving, loud, and disrespectful. Things fly here that never would in regular public or private school. I hope they get their act together with this new academic director, and crack down on the behavior that ruined my son's experience.

Global Outreach Charter Academy 4

Posted June 19, 2014
I love this school!!! I love the curriculum, the teacher involvement, and the follow up work that my children received. I can wait until the new school year begins.

Posted April 15, 2014
This year I moved my son to Goca and I am very happy with the teachers Mr.Boyd and Ms.Hellett they have helped him improve in all of his classes. Great school.

Posted April 10, 2014
I am currently attending GOCA, and i have to say that this school is pretty amazing. As long as I've been attending Global, I saw that that staff here does all they can to better educate the students. They come every day and work hard to give the students the knowledge they need throughout their future years of becoming an adult. Although people say negative comments, i completely disagree with them. Some may say that their are a lot of "fights." To be honest, only one fight has broke out throughout the whole year, and the teachers automatically stopped it. In addition, the school is smaller so the teachers and staff give you more attention and you get more one on one time. Sadly this school doesn't offer a high school yet, but if they did, i would of definitely went. I highly recommend sending your children here. It's a choice you wouldn't regret.

Global Outreach Charter Academy 3

Posted April 09, 2014
I'm a student at GOCA in the 8th grade and this school isn't as great as it was in previous years. This schools says that it's a place where it's a no bully zone and stuff like that and tries to be perfect but early in the school year in the girls bathroom students were smoking in the school year and a fight broke out with staff watching and didn't stop the fight before it happened. Also the school has drastically improved from last year and has gotten slightly better with new middle school staff that helps us out but a slight downside is that for Geometry Honors and Algebra Honors two teachers left during the year, but they are preparing us for both EOC's and getting us well prepared instead of going lazy and just giving up on us. Personally this school is a good place to send your kids if you live in a school zone where fights happen every hour and you need them to be safe. but if you live somewhere like Kernan Middle is an option I would highly suggest to go to one of those schools.

Posted April 08, 2014
My children have been in this school since it opened and I am very pleased with the education they are receiving. My children read above grade level and even speak other languages.

Posted April 07, 2014
I really like this school. My children have been going here since it first opened and I am very thankful to the school for providing a safe and caring environment for my children to learn in. The teachers always let me know what's going on and are open to anything that I would like to be done. The staff are all very nice and caring and willing to work with you.

Posted April 07, 2014
I have been with the school for several years now, and it amazes me more and more how much attention children are getting and not only from teachers. GOCA is AdvancED Accredited, which helps students continuously to improve in education and transforms them on a global scale. Every child has a mentor. Staff is friendly and it feels like one big family, which allows the school to offer best education!

Global Outreach Charter Academy
9570 Regency Square Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL  32225
Last modified Global Outreach Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Global Outreach Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top